Your Top 10 All-Time Playoffs Game Winning Shots

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Don't hate if someone already did a thread about this. I can barely remember what was posted 2hrs ago as opposed to 2 weeks ago. Anyway, after some spirited back-n-forth with sabixx on another thread about the "amazingness" of "LeShot", it got me thinking, what were my all-time top 10 playoff game winning shots. "LeShot" was certainly good, but it was definitely not top 10 good, atleast in my eyes anyway. So I figured I'd pose the question to everyone else.

Here's my list:

10)Rockets-Jazz NBA West Finals 1997, Game 6 - Stockton with the 3 to send Utah to it's first ever NBA Finals.
9) Celtics-Hornets NBA East Quarterfinals 1993, Game 4 - Zo sticks it from the top of the key.
8) Jazz-Bulls NBA Finals 1997, Game 6 - Steve Kerr from 17ft.
7) Lakers-Kings NBA West Finals 2002, Game 4 - "Look what I found" 3 by Big Shot Bob.
6) Celtics-Pistons NBA East Finals 1987, Game 5 - Bird steals the inbounds pass & dishes to Johnson for the winning layup.
5) Bulls-Suns NBA Finals 1993, Game 6 - MJ to wide open Pax for 3.
4) Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals 1987, Game 4 - Magic's running sky hook over the original Big 3.
3) Bulls-Cavs NBA East Quarterfinal 1989, Game 5 - MJ with "The Shot" that won the game & the series.
2) Lakers-Spurs NBA West Semis, Game 5 - .4 by Fisher.
1) Bulls-Jazz NBA Finals 1998, Game 6 - MJ over Russell for championship #6.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I don't have a top 10 made. The three shots that won the Bulls the championship definitely have to be on any list, as well as Derek Fisher's .4 shot. Same with MJ against the Cavs.

What makes the Fisher shot so special is that we probably should be talking about Duncan's great fade away game winner, but instead, we're talking about an even better shot. When an opposing player makes a shot with 0.4 seconds left on the clock, it's almost the same thing as a buzzer beater, but the Lakers used the dark side of the force to win that game. The Fisher shot was also really great, because it appears the scorers table started the clock near-exactly on time.

I think you also need Allan Houston's game winner against the Heat to send the eighth seeded Knicks to the second round in Game 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JePYP6K1vdM

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I dont have a top 10 but one shot I always loved was that deep 3 from Eddie Johnson of the Rockets to beat Utah I believe.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I don't have a top 10 made. The three shots that won the Bulls the championship definitely have to be on any list, as well as Derek Fisher's .4 shot. Same with MJ against the Cavs.

What makes the Fisher shot so special is that we probably should be talking about Duncan's great fade away game winner, but instead, we're talking about an even better shot. When an opposing player makes a shot with 0.4 seconds left on the clock, it's almost the same thing as a buzzer beater, but the Lakers used the dark side of the force to win that game. The Fisher shot was also really great, because it appears the scorers table started the clock near-exactly on time.

I think you also need Allan Houston's game winner against the Heat to send the eighth seeded Knicks to the second round in Game 5.

I was thinking the same thing about Fisher's shot, I like the Spurs btw, and I was goin ape sh*t when Duncan hit that fadeaway, and then had to slam a few shots after Fisher tore my heart out.

There were a bunch of other great shots I didn't even list. Houston's shot was one of them. Also Larry Johnson's 4-point play, Elliot's "Memorial Day Miracle" Shot, & Reggie's 3 with .7 in the 98 East Finals. Gosh there are so many to name. I mean you could even do an entire list just based on Robert Horry.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about Fisher's shot, I like the Spurs btw, and I was goin ape sh*t when Duncan hit that fadeaway, and then had to slam a few shots after Fisher tore my heart out.

There were a bunch of other great shots I didn't even list. Houston's shot was one of them. Also Larry Johnson's 4-point play, Elliot's "Memorial Day Miracle" Shot, & Reggie's 3 with .7 in the 98 East Finals. Gosh there are so many to name. I mean you could even do an entire list just based on Robert Horry.

Sorry to hijack your thread but how many rings does Horry have? 6 or 7? what a solid solid role player he was. I saw him on Pros Vs Joes with Harper and Kemp a few days ago.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Big Shot Bob has won 7. (2 w/ Rockets, 3 w/ Lakers, & 2 w/ Spurs) Him and John Salley are the only players in NBA history to win rings with 3 different teams, but Horry was a major contributor on each team where as Salley only really contributed to the Pistons championships.