Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took a look the stats for Watson, Mahomes and Trubisky.

Mahomes: 50 TD 12 INT 66% 5097 yards 113.8 rating

Watson: 26 TD 7 INT 68.3% 4165 yards 103.1 rating

Trubisky: 24 TD 12 INT 66.7% 3223 yards* 95.4 rating

**Only played 14 games

As you can see Trubisky is lagging behind the quarterbacks that Pace deemed he was better than in almost every category. Some of these aren't even close either. Mahomes had a record breaking season and was able to take his team much further in the playoffs despite having a historically bad defense. Watson was able to have success despite having Bill O'Brien as head coach. Trubisky has the coach of the year and a great defense and couldn't in some areas come close to the production of Mahomes and Watson. Remember it wasn't Pace's job to get an average/good QB, it was his job to get the best QB available and the early results show just how much he failed to do so.

Slow and steady wins the race and it is very early but right now it looks like what I thought would happen is happening. Trubisky will need a lot of help to have a deep playoff run which will be borderline impossible in a few years when Trubisky demands an elite QB contract. At least Watson and Mahomes will have earned their contracts and will be able to carry their teams. Will Trubisky be able to do the same? The numbers and the eye test say no.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

**Only played 14 games

As you can see Trubisky is lagging behind the quarterbacks that Pace deemed he was better than in almost every category. Some of these aren't even close either. Mahomes had a record breaking season and was able to take his team much further in the playoffs despite having a historically bad defense. Watson was able to have success despite having Bill O'Brien as head coach. Trubisky has the coach of the year and a great defense and couldn't in some areas come close to the production of Mahomes and Watson. Remember it wasn't Pace's job to get an average/good QB, it was his job to get the best QB available and the early results show just how much he failed to do so.

Slow and steady wins the race and it is very early but right now it looks like what I thought would happen is happening. Trubisky will need a lot of help to have a deep playoff run which will be borderline impossible in a few years when Trubisky demands an elite QB contract. At least Watson and Mahomes will have earned their contracts and will be able to carry their teams. Will Trubisky be able to do the same? The numbers and the eye test say no.
Not seeing that ever happen.

kerschbs

Liked Posts:

**Only played 14 games

What’s the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
More of the same shit. This discussion has been had several times already. Is there some new information or new point you are trying to make?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What’s the comparison between Trubisky and Watson if you use total yards instead of passing yards? Also Watson has Hopkins to throw to, you have to factor that into the equation as he is one of the top 5 WRs in the game.

He doesn't give a shit. He's just trying to elicit a reaction.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
All better than Trubisky no matter what any doofus homers here think.

I'm shocked your 27,000 idiotic posts didn't get you into the Hall of Fame. The committee must not have recognized your true brilliance. I demand a recount.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Still isn't very close. I don't really consider rushing yards a vital stat with QBs. They're not running backs.

I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Still isn't very close. I don't really consider rushing yards a vital stat with QBs. They're not running backs.

I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.

Your OP is filled with your opinions.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I see that the facts I've listed have upset a fanboy.

I was actually one of the only guys on this board that was pro Mahomes prior to the draft like Bort. However, I understand football and realize exactly what has transpired here with Mitch. But please carry on...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pace really blew it when he decided not to draft Mahomes smh

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Rushing yards still move the chains which Trubs did quite a bit this year. Rushing TDs by QBs still count as 6 points as well. Watson may still win the stat race but you should include their entire performance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am told that the Bears offense likes to spread it around so even if Trubs had Hopkins, it wouldn't matter. He would probably still only get between 700-900 yards because you can't expect a real No 1 WR to get big numbers in Nagy's offense.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

Watson had 9 picks not 7 if were nitpicking facts vs opinions.

To have a year 2 reflection without a year 3 preview or projection is misleading and biased towards your statement.

The other 2 Qbs have much more experience than Trubisky and are in their 2nd year in the same offense with for the majority the same weapons around them.

Mahomes is a stud but doubt he has these numbers every year. Watson was the most pro ready QB and he seems to be what he is give or take.

To make this statement before they all have finished their rookie deals is pointless.

Yes it could end up Being Mahomes, Watson, trubisky in that order but we dont know that. It could turn out that all 3 are absolute studs for the rest of their careers, which its trending that way. But for now just let it play out.

Put each QB in a different scenario when drafted then it could all turn out very differently for their careers.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard recently that Trubisky had his identity stolen. It was ok though, they gave it right back.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I heard recently that Trubisky had his identity stolen. It was ok though, they gave it right back.

giphy.gif