Can we all get behind Jordan Howard now?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't know why, but he's always the first player I hear people throw around trade scenarios for, or complain about his performance, or not being a "good fit" for the offense...etc.

Can't we all just get behind the guy for once? He's done everything he's been asked to and even worked out the pass catching issues everyone was sooooo worried about last year. Like, you cannot have a back that cannot catch anymore was peoples primary reason for burning the guy, and he got it figured out in one off-season.

And quit calling him fat!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you sure you are on the right forum for this? 1/2 will be no, 1/4 will be yes, and 1/4 will start personal fight with omlet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The issue is whether Nagy is behind him not us. Doesn't matter what we think if Nagy doesn't want to use him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I can run faster than Howard, so why would I stay behind him?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Get behind him until they draft his replacement? Sounds great.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t get behind him in the buffet line....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is not a special player

He is not even the best RB on the team

He is gone in 2020

I am not sure we need to really defend him. It looks like we are going to grind him for one more year and let him leave.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard is very effective if used properly. Problem is that use isn't our norml O. If Nagy can find integration without showing his hand, Howard is still a big asset.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nagy isn't even 100% behind Howard. If he was, Mizzell would be getting carries...

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He is gone in 2020

I am not sure we need to really defend him. It looks like we are going to grind him for one more year and let him leave.

Maybe not anymore but he sure as heck was in 2016-17 with foxy. Back to back 1000 yards seasons are not easy to get.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

He is gone in 2020

WindyCity said:
-Jordan Howard is the best RB we have watched since Walter Payton. His ability to stay on his feet and maintain balance is incredible.

Rgrigutis

Liked Posts:
Get back to running him outside zone. He’s improving as a rcvr so set him up some more. Still the dude tends to run out bounds giving up yards.

mecha

Liked Posts:
there's nothing wrong with Jordan Howard. what's wrong is the over reliance on Trubisky to throw the ball. if he's having a bad day, and you have no running game to speak of, it's going to make it worse on him. it's inexcusable that with rushing talent like Howard and Cohen that the RBs are getting less than 15 carries a game.

it's the inverse of John Fox 2017 where Howard's arm was about to fall off and your rookie 1st round QB is throwing the ball 10 times a game. it's batshit.

I think it's logical you continue to use him until his contract is up. he's already here, he's not going to have monster trade value, just use him and move on if you don't like him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am behind him 100% and always have been. Argued with some noob until I was blue in the face that we shouldn't trade him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Every offense needs someone to get the tough in between the tackles yards. If they move on from him, they better make sure they have a replacement for getting those yards

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are not going to give someone 25 carries and have them grind out 100 yards. They are going to throw the ball 60+% of the time.

They need/want someone who can create more explosive plays because they are not going to run as many plays.

That is why Mizzell gets carries, because their is a better chance that he goes 40 than Howard. (Both are tiny percentages)