Denzel Valentine

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Did the lightbulb finally come on for Denzel? Discuss.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The lightbulb has pretty much been on since he got in the league. When he's healthy, he contributes. The rest is team chemistry, and some players need chemistry to take it up another few notches.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's a better rebounder than I thought he was, but skills wise he's about what I expected coming out of college. Heady player, moves the ball well, can shoot the 3 at a good rate. Would like to see his overall FG% go up, but he takes so many 3s that it might not happen.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Damn Raskolnikov, Did you have to dislike me and go on and on about Valentine not being athletic? WTF? Are you saying that the Bulls are not younger and more athletic? Just where the fuck did I say that Valentine was the most athletic player on the roster? WTF dude, maybe you better lay off the weed. :shrug:

FryCubs22

Liked Posts:
He seems more comfortable exhibiting his athleticism this year. What I mean is, he's looking to create his shot more often (and doing a capable job of it), he's penetrating and kicking better than last year, he just looks like an actual NBA basketball player so far through 34 games. Last year, he seemed pretty robotic, and if he put the ball on the floor, bad things tended to happen. He's cut what feels like 25% of that "Bad feeling" when he tries to create out of his game. While the light hasn't come on completely, in my mind, you're definitely seeing tangible development from a guy who *could* be a bench piece when this team is ready to try and win 55 games in a couple years.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He seems more comfortable exhibiting his athleticism this year. What I mean is, he's looking to create his shot more often (and doing a capable job of it), he's penetrating and kicking better than last year, he just looks like an actual NBA basketball player so far through 34 games. Last year, he seemed pretty robotic, and if he put the ball on the floor, bad things tended to happen. He's cut what feels like 25% of that "Bad feeling" when he tries to create out of his game. While the light hasn't come on completely, in my mind, you're definitely seeing tangible development from a guy who *could* be a bench piece when this team is ready to try and win 55 games in a couple years.

Very respectable opinion!!!!!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Damn Rask, disliking me again? I guess you're my new bitch that follows me around and negs me constantly ... yet I'm still a glorious beacon of light ... LOL ... :flipa:

Anyhow .....

Agreed, I think he could develop into a heady role player for the Bulls moving forward. I can't wait to see how Zack fits in the current roster. I like what the Bulls are doing!