Does firing Fox now give the bears a leg up?

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why Fox isn't being fired now, it would send the message to the rest of the nfl that we are looking. It also gives us the chance to start having conversations on who the next coach will be. Do we need to let Pace go as well and let the new gm bring in his own head coach? I am not sure we will get a good hc knowing that his gm is on the hot seat.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He isn't being fired because there's nobody on the coaching staff who are both willing and suitable to take over as interim HC. Fangio wants out, Loggains is obviously fired with Fox. Plus Pace may not have been guaranteed continued employment yet either. It's not happening until Tuesday 1/2/18.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it is just the fact that Fox is already paid and has a lot of friends around the league. Also who would be the coach for the rest of the season? Vic is not in question.. Would you want Loggains as the HC?? I think the potential candidates already see a possible opening at Chicago.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't understand why Fox isn't being fired now, it would send the message to the rest of the nfl that we are looking. It also gives us the chance to start having conversations on who the next coach will be. Do we need to let Pace go as well and let the new gm bring in his own head coach? I am not sure we will get a good hc knowing that his gm is on the hot seat.

Rams got McVay with Les Snead on the hotseat after Goffs rough year and 4 years with a losing record. Only coaches wanting GM control would be Gruden/Harbaugh/McDaniels..

Rams also went from dead last in scoring, to first. That is crazy. Lafluer has to be on Paces list

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
Rams got McVay with Les Snead on the hotseat after Goffs rough year and 4 years with a losing record. Only coaches wanting GM control would be Gruden/Harbaugh/McDaniels..

Rams also went from dead last in scoring, to first. That is crazy. Lafluer has to be on Paces list

Arent these the only coaches we really want?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Arent these the only coaches we really want?

Out of that list, only Harbaugh unless Gruden can put together a super coaching staff around him. Still not sure I agree with all of his delusional talent assessments though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

McDaniels has no right to expect any GM control at all.

Hopefully pace can follow L.Sneads lead cause he not only found a great offensive mind but they got him one of the best DC's in the league in W.Phillips and gave Goff a ton of help with signing R.Woods in free agency, drafting C.Kupp, trading for S.Watkins and doing some work on the o-line which all helped T.Gurley.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everyone knows the bears will be looking, and unless they are looking outside the NFL they cannot talk to other coaches until their season is complete.

Firing fox now serves zero purpose.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think I.T matters more if you are firing the gm also. You want to get your gm in place ASAP so you can be ready when the window opens up to get the coaches you want. Allot of the coaches teams will covet will be stuck in playoff mode anyways so can’t make a hire this early. Gm on other hand you can take next few weeks get one in place and get ready for a plan on getting the coach you want

But with bears they have always waited until end of season to make moves so we really still don’t know if pace seat is hot

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
McDaniels has no right to expect any GM control at all.

Hopefully pace can follow L.Sneads lead cause he not only found a great offensive mind but they got him one of the best DC's in the league in W.Phillips and gave Goff a ton of help with signing R.Woods in free agency, drafting C.Kupp, trading for S.Watkins and doing some work on the o-line which all helped T.Gurley.

With our Cap Space and high draft picks there is no reason we can not make similar moves to shore up the Offense.

The coaching staff will need to be a home run or Pace will be gone, if not already gone.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Are there thoughts on Carmichael?

I've read up on him quite a bit. IMO, he does not have the personality traits to be a HC. He's a very quiet, behind the scenes kind of guy. I think he would be a disaster as a HC.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the reason that Fox is not gone is because Pace will be here next year.

Just like in NY, if they are going to fire the HC midseason, the GM is likely to go with him.

I think Pace is safe, mainly because his cap management and drafting have been decent. Even with the screwup that is Glennon does not place us in a bad position next year with the cap.

He will be able to use the high draft picks and cap money as incentives to lure a new HC. ALSO, I think that since Fox appears to have been forced on him, he will get an opportunity to pick his own guy, just like he picked Trubisky.

BLUF- Fox is gone and Pace will have 2 years with the new HC to prove he can do something.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You cant have conversations with prospective head coaches until the season ends. WTF, is this your first year watching the NFL?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I know it's popular around her to want to fire Pace, but, I'm guessing he gets an extension and a lot of leeway. All you have to do is look at the Vikings with Spielman. He took over the wreckage in 2012 after being vice president of player personnel and its taken 5 years, with a big setback last year, to get them looking like a real contender. I'm sure the McCaskeys see this and perhaps want that kind of continuity...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine the Bears ever having a leg up in anything. In this case I think it's for certain they stick with Pace and let him choose a whole new coaching staff. So no matter how many times people call for Fox's head, it ain't happening til the season is over.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I think the reason that Fox is not gone is because Pace will be here next year.

Just like in NY, if they are going to fire the HC midseason, the GM is likely to go with him.

I think Pace is safe, mainly because his cap management and drafting have been decent. Even with the screwup that is Glennon does not place us in a bad position next year with the cap.

He will be able to use the high draft picks and cap money as incentives to lure a new HC. ALSO, I think that since Fox appears to have been forced on him, he will get an opportunity to pick his own guy, just like he picked Trubisky.

BLUF- Fox is gone and Pace will have 2 years with the new HC to prove he can do something.

It is usually the other way around, when a coach is not fired mid season, the thought process is the GM may also be fired at the end of the season since he is not being allowed to fire the coach. In the Bears case, I do not think Pace is going anywhere. He will be given one more chance. He may have to change the way he goes about free agency.

One thing that will be a given is the Bears are trading down in the 2nd round this year. They need more draft picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why does anyone think Pace may be gone? He took over the Bears with expansion level talent without the bonus of the 1st overall draft picks, the coaching hire was a bust by a collective group, not his alone, and the teams talent level is middle of the road at worst right now. Pace will get a coaching hire all to himself and he will live or die by that choice and the next 2-3 drafts.