White Sox Sign Courtney Hawkins

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never really follow all that close to young spects just because alot of the time they are dealt, but he is interesting and could actually be a future MLB player with the sox. Even if he is dealt, just because of the way he shows professionalism at such a young age I might just follow his career path.

IMO I think he is going to be a all around type player. Not sure if he will pitch, I know he can hit the 90's but he may need to get a few pitches.

Hawkins is more of a prospect as a bat, but he also consistently hits the low-90s on the mound. He runs well and handles right field, but his power bat is his calling card. At the Area Code games in August, he displayed big, raw power in batting practice. The Longhorns could be adding a future star to their lineup, but Hawkins is a first-round talent with a backup plan as a pitcher. -Jason Churchhill-

Chicago White Sox
With their first two picks in the draft, in the first and supplemental first rounds, the White Sox added some serious juice to their minor league system. The 13th overall pick, outfielder Courtney Hawkins, offers some of the most impressive power available in the prep class. There is some crudeness in his offensive game and he could take a while to adjust to some of the more advanced pitching in pro ball, but he has the potential to be a middle-of-the-order slugger. BPN

MidwayLab

Liked Posts:
Good for him and the Sox. I figured he'd sign. It seems KW has high hopes for him, but we all know how hard it is to judge these guys, especially Hawkins being 18. I got some more thoughts on the draft in its entirety. Check it out and leave yours: White Sox Signing Draft Picks | Midway Madness