Liked Posts:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was going to make fun of Bowman...again. But I don't know a thing about these two kids he traded for....I do know that Schmaltz wasn't doing a hell of a lot but refusing to shoot to make one too many passes, so they can't exactly be gamebreakers they're getting in return. I'll just say this....they weren't doing anything with him here, doubtful keeping him would have changed that.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Strome was with Cat in Erie. Perlini looks to be a better version of Hayden. Think we see Perlini with Toews and Saad, and Strome with Cat and Kane

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strome: really skilled but slow

Perlini: big, skates well, works hard, solid wrist shot

Also hinted that the Schmaltz camp was asking for more than the Hawks thought he was worth. He was due to be a RFA after this season.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sad at all that Schmaltz is gone and that Stan didn't overpay him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, either Arizona does not draft well, or we just got a 3rd and 12th overall pick.

I liked Schmaltz, but not as a wing. Blackhawks west is growing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Strome was with Cat in Erie. Perlini looks to be a better version of Hayden. Think we see Perlini with Toews and Saad, and Strome with Cat and Kane

If this is what finally gets Cat with Kane so he can be that sniper, then we should be watching the assist points growing for 88

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, either Arizona does not draft well, or we just got a 3rd and 12th overall pick.

I liked Schmaltz, but not as a wing. Blackhawks west is growing.

Honestly I like this trade. Schmaltz was Bolland-at-best at the dot and I can't be the only one who kept yelling at him to shoot the fuckin' puck when he's in the clear instead of forcing the pass to Kane. And, as was mentioned, rumor has it Schmaltz was looking for an RFA payday and was totally not worth it.

Don't think Perlini or Strome will be saviors, but not a couple of bad kids moving forward...and as a 12th and 3rd pick, they hopefully won't be Barker or Beach.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Honestly I like this trade. Schmaltz was Bolland-at-best at the dot and I can't be the only one who kept yelling at him to shoot the fuckin' puck when he's in the clear instead of forcing the pass to Kane. And, as was mentioned, rumor has it Schmaltz was looking for an RFA payday and was totally not worth it.

Don't think Perlini or Strome will be saviors, but not a couple of bad kids moving forward...and as a 12th and 3rd pick, they hopefully won't be Barker or Beach.

well, maybe these agents are learning to ask big so their players can get moved out of chicago. I will miss Schmaltz and his Hossa like chasing down his mistakes and taking the puck away almost at will. But I wont miss the mistakes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, maybe these agents are learning to ask big so their players can get moved out of chicago. I will miss Schmaltz and his Hossa like chasing down his mistakes and taking the puck away almost at will. But I wont miss the mistakes.
1st off...Schmaltz is to Hossa like a Geo Metro is to a Hennessy Venom. [emoji2] Schmaltz hever pickpocketed the best.

2nd, you may be onto something, but the rumors are he's trying to market his 2018 Campaign, not his year thus far. Still wouldn't be surprised, though, if he wanted out.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
Schmaltz' compete level was ZERO if it meant he might get hit. That is the reason I'm glad he got traded regardless of the number of points he may put up in AZ. Don't need someone shrinking away when it matters most, especially not one getting paid what he wants to get paid.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
so these arizona guys are more apt to take a bridge contract than Schmaltz would have? I dont know if players just like it in Arizona or not, cuz Hammer just took 5 million. Maybe thats alot for a defensive defenseman, but I think they were expecting him to be asking for 6 here.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK with this move.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so these arizona guys are more apt to take a bridge contract than Schmaltz would have? I dont know if players just like it in Arizona or not, cuz Hammer just took 5 million. Maybe thats alot for a defensive defenseman, but I think they were expecting him to be asking for 6 here.
I think the two new guys don't have a great year behind them, so they might not request a higher bridge if the rumors of Schmaltz are true.

However, Schmaltz was due after this year. Strome and Perlini are due next year, so if anything it kicks the can down the road.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the two new guys don't have a great year behind them, so they might not request a higher bridge if the rumors of Schmaltz are true.

However, Schmaltz was due after this year. Strome and Perlini are due next year, so if anything it kicks the can down the road.

I thought they were drafted the same year as Schmaltz, or one of them at least. Maybe Arizona held them back while Nick was playing.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
I thought they were drafted the same year as Schmaltz, or one of them at least. Maybe Arizona held them back while Nick was playing.

Perlini's ELC is done this summer so he will need to be re-signed. Strome's ELC expires after the 2019/20 season.