Nagy/Fox/Trestman...is this when the wheels fall off?

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
51RbwTQJ5gL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t see any reason for trubisky to be out the last 3 weeks of the season.

Let’s say he hypothetically is out though and they miss the playoffs... so what imo. The bears aren’t winning anything without trubisky, and his health really is paramount to the current and long term success of this franchise. Worst case scenario would be you play trubisky against the giants and then he injured his throwing shoulder and he’s done. Now what?

The giants are bad but you’d be kidding yourself to say this will be a free win, especially considering Daniels is starting. However, you can live with a loss here. The season goes on and the bears will have multiple chances to prove they are a playoff team.

If trubisky gets injured then kiss any playoff wins goodbye. You also stunt his growth and put into question his health for next season. That is not something you can live with.

The rational part of my brain is 100% with you.

The meatball, win 13 games and tell everyone who doubted them to FUCK THEMSELVES, wants him to play and hang 350 and 4 TDs on the Giants.

The internal battles rages.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let’s say he hypothetically is out though and they miss the playoffs... so what imo. The bears aren’t winning anything without trubisky,

That's what they said about Wentz last year.

Getting a chance to compete in the playoffs is treasure that should be taken advantage of every time the opportunity arises. Assuming they'll be back there for years going forward is naive with how quickly the NFL changes. Nobody can forecast when teams are going to regress or improve. You can't take a "keep your powder dry" approach in this league. You go for it when you have a shot.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The 2015 cubs is a good analogy of this year, I agree. Being good a year earlier than expected with the new coach and all that.
Funny but I went one step further about half a year ago.

Pace was the Epstein who came in to get rid of the vets - check

Pace was the Epstein who rebuilt the team - check

Fox was the solid but boring coach whose job it was to take his lumps during the rebuild - check

Once the rebuild was done, Nagy became the genius manager who replaced the old coach - check

Pace used future capital to get key players - check

Pace started paying free agents money big money to help build the team just like the Cubs - check

The team outplayed expectations a year earlier than expected just like the Cubs - check

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
That's what they said about Wentz last year.

Getting a chance to compete in the playoffs is treasure that should be taken advantage of every time the opportunity arises. Assuming they'll be back there for years going forward is naive with how quickly the NFL changes. Nobody can forecast when teams are going to regress or improve. You can't take a "keep your powder dry" approach in this league. You go for it when you have a shot.

Yeah sure but in this hypothetical chase Daniels will lead them to the promised land. So be it then.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah sure but in this hypothetical chase Daniels will lead them to the promised land. So be it then.
Daniel. Why do at least 47% of our fan base continually get the names of players wrong?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am starting to get a sinking feeling about this Cinderella season for the Bears, as if Harrison Smith's hit on Trubisky was the "Martellus Bennett stopped at the 1" moment of the 2018 season. This year's unexpected good start reminds me of Trestman's 1st year, where everyone was praising the Bears for thinking outside the box and hiring an offensive genius. Until now, I think the Bears have been tremendously fortunate in avoiding injury...they've basically had the same 11 starters on both offense and defense for the entire year...which is a huge advantage in the NFL.

Trubisky's injury casts a shadow of doubt over the remainder of the year...Nagy's non-presser/presser was eerily similar to every John Fox press conference, which typically would end with moron Zach Zaidman 'reporting' that Jermon Bushrod is in a walking boot, but no update on his status. In some way, the Bears' silence regarding Trubisky (he didn't practice...he had limited practice...) is deafening.

The remainder of the Bears schedule is tricky. The Giants have two superstar players yet have underachieved on offense...a classic 'trap' game for the Bears who follow up with the Rams. I can see the Bears being 8-5 heading into their last three games. If Trubisky is still out/limited, then going 1-2 is the most likely result with a final record of 9-7. It could be good enough for the division or wild card, but it also might not. For the Bears to miss the postseason would leave a bad taste in people's mouths despite all the progress made by Nagy and company...very similar to the 2013 Trestman Bears having an outside shot at the playoffs at 8-6, but losing their last two games (one a 54-11 stomping by Chip Kelly's Eagles).
I don't get the Trubisky hype and why so many here have crossed over to the side of the Trubisky fanboys. He's a good running QB but his passing is, more often than not, for shit. He has basically had 4 good games, this year, against bad teams, who were playing their worst at the time. In the other 6 games his passer rating is 73 w/6 TDs and 8 Ints. Trust in Chevy Chase Daniel, motha fuckas!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daniel. Why do at least 47% of our fan base continually get the names of players wrong?

The educational program "No Child Left Behind" implemented by the 2nd George Bush was a disaster for American Education and standardized testing hurt a ton of schools and students.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Funny but I went one step further about half a year ago.

Pace was the Epstein who came in to get rid of the vets - check

Pace was the Epstein who rebuilt the team - check

Fox was the solid but boring coach whose job it was to take his lumps during the rebuild - check

Once the rebuild was done, Nagy became the genius manager who replaced the old coach - check

Pace used future capital to get key players - check

Pace started paying free agents money big money to help build the team just like the Cubs - check

The team outplayed expectations a year earlier than expected just like the Cubs - check

2015 Cubs kind of a "forced analogy" until the Bears make the NFC Championship game.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possible the Bears get to NFC championship game if another team upsets either the Rams or Saints.....but that game will not be pretty, Bears' fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The educational program "No Child Left Behind" implemented by the 2nd George Bush was a disaster for American Education and standardized testing hurt a ton of schools and students.

please move to politics forum

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Trubisky will be back for the Rams game. We'll win 10 or 11 games and probably the division. By the time the playoffs come around nobody will even be thinking about the two weeks he missed. It's a non factor. Really.

Shoulda stuck with the fake hate my man. You were going to be the subject of another call out thread next Monday if you hung in there.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We are going to continue to learn about Nagy as a coach as this year goes on. I think 10 wins gets us to the playoffs. The Giants is a must win considering we have the Rams and Green Bay back to back. The "shoe-in" wins should be New York and San Fran, but I definitely want a win against Minnesota again and Green Bay to really put a stamp on the division title

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
2015 Cubs kind of a "forced analogy" until the Bears make the NFC Championship game.

What about one game short of the NFCC? Outcome does not have to equally match Cubs in order for the hypothesis about the rebuilding philosophy to be correct.