Nagy/Fox/Trestman...is this when the wheels fall off?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We are going to continue to learn about Nagy as a coach as this year goes on. I think 10 wins gets us to the playoffs. The Giants is a must win considering we have the Rams and Green Bay back to back. The "shoe-in" wins should be New York and San Fran, but I definitely want a win against Minnesota again and Green Bay to really put a stamp on the division title

I think it's weird that everyone is lowballing the final win total with Mitch's injury.

10 wins would be a letdown and a minor collapse right along with Rory's OP imo. With this defense and Nagy's comments about opening playbook the more veteran a guy he has at QB going from here to 2-3 would be puzzling and negate everyone who thinks the Bears are among the best in the NFC along with NO and LA. They wouldn't even be in that conversation anymore and rightfully so.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Need to beat Green Bay to complete the culture change, get that monkey off our back.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I think it's weird that everyone is lowballing the final win total with Mitch's injury.

10 wins would be a letdown and a minor collapse right along with Rory's OP imo. With this defense and Nagy's comments about opening playbook the more veteran a guy he has at QB going from here to 2-3 would be puzzling and negate everyone who thinks the Bears are among the best in the NFC along with NO and LA. They wouldn't even be in that conversation anymore and rightfully so.

I want more than 10 wins. I was just saying 10 is the least the Bears need to get into the playoffs. I'd be disappointed if we lose to Green Bay-- I want to beat them bad. The Rams are tough to beat, plain and simple. And going into the second half of the year, I said I wanted the Bears to AT LEAST split with Minnesota, which they've done.

I agree, at this point 10 wins would be somewhat of a disappointment, but it's the lowest number of wins needed to make the playoffs

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah, just like when we beat them under Trestman!

fatkid73

Liked Posts:

I agree. There is no reason to think Daniel will not lead us to a win. He was damn good last week where he had 3 days to prepare with a team that really had to take it easy in practice to allow their body's to heal on the shortest turnaround in NFL history. Nagy had little time to game plan and Daniel played a clean 250yd/2TD/0INT game. He should be a little better this week and give Mitch a chance to fully heal.

I see the Bears finishing with 11 wins and winning the division. Wins against NYG, SF, and GB get the Bears to 11 wins and puts a lot of pressure on Minnesota's to win out. They have tough games left against NE, SEA, and the Bears. I like our chances.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Some of you have commented that we fear out of conditioning from results of the past. This is a new everything. Even the Cubs shook off the billy goat curse. We are going to be ok. All things change over time and our changes are all for the good. Keep the faith!!!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. There is no reason to think Daniel will not lead us to a win. He was damn good last week where he had 3 days to prepare with a team that really had to take it easy in practice to allow their body's to heal on the shortest turnaround in NFL history. Nagy had little time to game plan and Daniel played a clean 250yd/2TD/0INT game. He should be a little better this week and give Mitch a chance to fully heal.

I see the Bears finishing with 11 wins and winning the division. Wins against NYG, SF, and GB get the Bears to 11 wins and puts a lot of pressure on Minnesota's to win out. They have tough games left against NE, SEA, and the Bears. I like our chances.

Daniel has been inconsistent as an NFL quarterback. He is not a starter, and no one has trusted him to be a starter. There are reasons to believe he may not be up to the task.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What about one game short of the NFCC? Outcome does not have to equally match Cubs in order for the hypothesis about the rebuilding philosophy to be correct.

This might be revisionist history (is there any other kind at CCS?), but the 2015 Cubs had a much stronger roster than the 2018 Bears. Kris Bryant was pre-ordained superstar; Eddie Jackson is a 'surprise story'. After watching the Cubs in 2015, I had very little doubt that they were going to be either the best or 2nd best NL team in 2016. I don't really get that seem 'inevitable' vibe from this year's Bears team...they are more of a work in progress. I do think that speaks highly of Nagy's work, though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If anything, Daniel should be better this week and have less needed to do. I really think Nagy is doing for Mitch what he did for Mack and Robinson. I appreciate the long view here. Mitch playing the Rams with no restriction is a game I want to see.

I said this before. I don't think it will happen but I'd like to see Mitch dressed on the sideline this week if he doesn't start. A win is a win and if we need 1st downs and points in the 2nd 1/2, let him go.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shades of 2013 and also 2011 when the Bears got on a winning streak to 7-3 and Cutler got injured. This looks like a similar ending.

It's too bad because now the league has this offense on tape, they'll likely regress similarly to how the Eagles did. This was the opportunity to catch the league off guard.

Still, at least they're too talented to go back to being 3-13 and they should be reasonably entertaining to watch over the next couple of years even if playoffs are unlikely.

2011 and 2013 were different for me. 2011 was one of the hottest teams in the league crashing & burning due to injuries. The 2013 team was smoke & mirros.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Daniel has been inconsistent as an NFL quarterback. He is not a starter, and no one has trusted him to be a starter. There are reasons to believe he may not be up to the task.

This is true, but hopefully this will be his last playing time of the season. It's not like he is going to be playing against a strong defense or an opposing offense where he is going to put up a ton of points. It is the Giants. I feel like a similar game to last week where he plays relatively mistake free, and makes a throw here or there on 3rd down, to keep the offense on the field and the Bears walk away with win #9.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one here that believes an Achilles injury to Hicks is much more damaging than a serious injury to Trub's?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys call me negative...I really don't think we lose any more games with Daniels. We'll only lose to the Rams & Vikings & GB...we'd lose with Trubisky too.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is true, but hopefully this will be his last playing time of the season. It's not like he is going to be playing against a strong defense or an opposing offense where he is going to put up a ton of points. It is the Giants. I feel like a similar game to last week where he plays relatively mistake free, and makes a throw here or there on 3rd down, to keep the offense on the field and the Bears walk away with win #9.

I don't think the Bears are going to fare well in this game unless the defense plays lights out.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys call me negative...I really don't think we lose any more games with Daniels. We'll only lose to the Rams & Vikings & GB...we'd lose with Trubisky too.

I'll make you a bet that the bears win 2 of those 3 games. Just name the terms.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Nah, going all the way Nancy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk