Nagy/Fox/Trestman...is this when the wheels fall off?

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
If we can't beat this version of Green Bay we might as well give up - they are shit, we are good and at home. I expect us to beat the Niners, Giants and Packers but lose to the Rams and Vikings. The latter partly because we are resting starters.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Oh, I'll bet. They are not winning 2 outta 3. Are you counting on Trubisky?
That would be a qualifier. He would at least have to start in those three. I think he comes back for the Rams game.

Your 0-3 prediction vs my 2 of 3 prediction, anything in between voids the bet.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
That would be a qualifier. He would at least have to start in those three. I think he comes back for the Rams game.

Your 0-3 prediction vs my 2 of 3 prediction, anything in between voids the bet.

No bet. Not on 0-3. I'm saying those are the only games I could see the Bears losing. I think we might actually beat GB. We'll probably lose 2 outta 3, not win 2 outta 3.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I feel like I jut walked into the Cubs forum, where a blister can make fans feel like the season just ended. This team and this coach has given us no reason to doubt them. Comparing to past regimes is idiotic.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No bet. Njot on 0-3. I'm saying those are the only games I could see the Bears losing. I think we might actually beat GB. We'll probably lose 2 outta 3, not win 2 outta 3.

I'd still take that action. 1 of 3 vs 2 of 3.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys call me negative...I really don't think we lose any more games with Daniels. We'll only lose to the Rams & Vikings & GB...we'd lose with Trubisky too.
We will definitely not lose any games with Daniels. I guarantee it!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shoulda stuck with the fake hate my man. You were going to be the subject of another call out thread next Monday if you hung in there.
Meh, can't be arsed anymore.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll go with that.

I'm saying we only win one game outta LA Rams, Minny, & GB. You're saying we'll win 2 outta three.

What's the bet?

I agree on the preliminary terms.I'll pm you later, we can discuss the details further.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we can't beat this version of Green Bay we might as well give up - they are shit, we are good and at home. I expect us to beat the Niners, Giants and Packers but lose to the Rams and Vikings. The latter partly because we are resting starters.
They better not rest their starters if the Vikings need that win to get a wild card. Shades of 2010 there.

WMarshall

Liked Posts:
It seems everyone thinks we won’t beat the Rams. If you have NFCC aspirations at all, they will have to possibly beat them in the playoffs. If we can’t beat them now, why would we beat them in the playoffs? BEAR DOWN

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I am starting to get a sinking feeling about this Cinderella season for the Bears, as if Harrison Smith's hit on Trubisky was the "Martellus Bennett stopped at the 1" moment of the 2018 season. This year's unexpected good start reminds me of Trestman's 1st year, where everyone was praising the Bears for thinking outside the box and hiring an offensive genius. Until now, I think the Bears have been tremendously fortunate in avoiding injury...they've basically had the same 11 starters on both offense and defense for the entire year...which is a huge advantage in the NFL.

Trubisky's injury casts a shadow of doubt over the remainder of the year...Nagy's non-presser/presser was eerily similar to every John Fox press conference, which typically would end with moron Zach Zaidman 'reporting' that Jermon Bushrod is in a walking boot, but no update on his status. In some way, the Bears' silence regarding Trubisky (he didn't practice...he had limited practice...) is deafening.

The remainder of the Bears schedule is tricky. The Giants have two superstar players yet have underachieved on offense...a classic 'trap' game for the Bears who follow up with the Rams. I can see the Bears being 8-5 heading into their last three games. If Trubisky is still out/limited, then going 1-2 is the most likely result with a final record of 9-7. It could be good enough for the division or wild card, but it also might not. For the Bears to miss the postseason would leave a bad taste in people's mouths despite all the progress made by Nagy and company...very similar to the 2013 Trestman Bears having an outside shot at the playoffs at 8-6, but losing their last two games (one a 54-11 stomping by Chip Kelly's Eagles).
If Trubisky is out for the year... then yeah, I would kind of doubt we could beat the likes of Rams, Vikings and a playoff Saints.

But looking at the hit on Trubisky (he was hit on his left shoulder), his reaction, Nagy talking about day-to-day, nobody talking about a MRIs or surgeries nor any hint of a serious injury... I just don't share that sinking feeling. I know he injured his right shoulder, I guess it hit the turf.

[video=youtube;vcGseA4aQZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGseA4aQZw[/video]

It is "odd" he's been ruled out for playing the Giants, so it's obviously a step above soreness. I don't know that Nagy is treating this like holding Mack and Robinson out. There's obvious benefits to playing Daniel while playing a 3-8 team -- makes Daniel more prepared should he be required in the playoffs, and giving the team even more confidence that they can win with Daniel if needed.

Looking at the stats, Daniel played better than I felt: 27/37, 230, 2 TD, 0 Int.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Don't purposely put your hopes down as not to get hurt again by a historically disappointing Bears team. Just enjoy the ride wherever it might take you.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jesus christ,threads are about as fun to read as a Stephenie Meyer book.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Didn't Stephenie Meyer die in the war?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny but I went one step further about half a year ago.

Pace was the Epstein who came in to get rid of the vets - check

Pace was the Epstein who rebuilt the team - check

Fox was the solid but boring coach whose job it was to take his lumps during the rebuild - check

Once the rebuild was done, Nagy became the genius manager who replaced the old coach - check

Pace used future capital to get key players - check

Pace started paying free agents money big money to help build the team just like the Cubs - check

The team outplayed expectations a year earlier than expected just like the Cubs - check
I have to say I'm kinda impressed. Did you come up with this by yourself?

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
The Bears will be fine. I know because the future voice in my head tells me they will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk