Nagy/Fox/Trestman...is this when the wheels fall off?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Tresticles was below a weenie. That is why he lost the team.
Fox was long outdated and had a QB that should've been gone along with the weenie. He was just a transition date.
None of that is going on with Pace and Nagy.

Trubisky's injury could be the end of his career but it really doesn't seem to be. We would have to be getting told a huge lie for that to be realistic and they would have to be risking his career delaying surgery in case he needs to play. More likely he's sitting like Mack, to be healthier for when he's needed more.

Although I do have to admit Tresticles first season vs second season meltdown has crossed my mind.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I am starting to get a sinking feeling about this Cinderella season for the Bears, as if Harrison Smith's hit on Trubisky was the "Martellus Bennett stopped at the 1" moment of the 2018 season. This year's unexpected good start reminds me of Trestman's 1st year, where everyone was praising the Bears for thinking outside the box and hiring an offensive genius. Until now, I think the Bears have been tremendously fortunate in avoiding injury...they've basically had the same 11 starters on both offense and defense for the entire year...which is a huge advantage in the NFL.

Trubisky's injury casts a shadow of doubt over the remainder of the year...Nagy's non-presser/presser was eerily similar to every John Fox press conference, which typically would end with moron Zach Zaidman 'reporting' that Jermon Bushrod is in a walking boot, but no update on his status. In some way, the Bears' silence regarding Trubisky (he didn't practice...he had limited practice...) is deafening.

The remainder of the Bears schedule is tricky. The Giants have two superstar players yet have underachieved on offense...a classic 'trap' game for the Bears who follow up with the Rams. I can see the Bears being 8-5 heading into their last three games. If Trubisky is still out/limited, then going 1-2 is the most likely result with a final record of 9-7. It could be good enough for the division or wild card, but it also might not. For the Bears to miss the postseason would leave a bad taste in people's mouths despite all the progress made by Nagy and company...very similar to the 2013 Trestman Bears having an outside shot at the playoffs at 8-6, but losing their last two games (one a 54-11 stomping by Chip Kelly's Eagles).

What a Debbie Downer thread oh my.
Was this a legitimate question?
Is this a prediction?
Did you almost slit your wrists writing this?