If Nagy is over cautious then he is wrong concerning Mitch

richb688

Liked Posts:
If Mitch is truly hurt then sit him on the Bench cool I an fine with that move. If however Nagy is being over cautious with him and he is 90 percent plus ready to go and wont play him that is not a good move. If this was a rams or Green bay game would he still be sitting? The Giants have a pretty good defense and this game is not a100 percent win With Daniel Playing. I don't maybe enjoy being lied to 100 percent. Nagy said minor injury could have played Sunday against the Lions.

It is not totally fair for Mitch to sit 21 days and be in sync with the offense in a big game with the Rams in which the Bears will be the under dog. The only good thing is Minn is playing the Patriots Sunday. Mitch did practice Wednesday. I am a little worried that a surprise good season could get derailed slightly by being over cautious

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Mitch is truly hurt then sit him on the Bench cool I an fine with that move. If however Nagy is being over cautious with him and he is 90 percent plus ready to go and wont play him that is not a good move. If this was a rams or Green bay game would he still be sitting? The Giants have a pretty good defense and this game is not a100 percent win With Daniel Playing. I don't maybe enjoy being lied to 100 percent. Nagy said minor injury could have played Sunday against the Lions.

It is not totally fair for Mitch to sit 21 days and be in sync with the offense in a big game with the Rams in which the Bears will be the under dog. The only good thing is Minn is playing the Patriots Sunday. Mitch did practice Wednesday. I am a little worried that a surprise good season could get derailed slightly by being over cautious

Cautiousness about the injury is not the reason for sitting him against the Giants if he's 90%. Thanks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He didn't throw in practice yesterday. He's not throwing again today. I think that pretty much says it all. If they don't feel comfortable having him throw the ball in practice, then he absolutely shouldn't be doing it in a live game 3 days from now. Thanks so much.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he literally can't throw the ball he ain't playing....that has nothing to do with caution.

If he miraculously is ready by game time then it is Nagy abusing the system. I just don't see the Bears using that much subterfuge. He is still hurt.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I am not sure what to believe about Mitch right now when it comes from. I read on another site he did throw the ball. I just hope Nagy is not treating this game as an easy win

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This type of injury has a very wide range of recovery times, the shortest being 2 weeks. The thing is, if you continue to stress the joint, healing slows down and you can be at risk of increasing damage since it's already weakened. If he were a WR etc, he'd go but this is our QB's throwing shoulder. One that looks to be playoff bound. You need him healthy for the layoff run and playoffs. I suspect Mitch has a grade 1 or slightly greater sprain and that he'll be close to 100% physically and effectively 100% as a player for the Rams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didn't throw in practice yesterday. He's not throwing again today. I think that pretty much says it all. If they don't feel comfortable having him throw the ball in practice, then he absolutely shouldn't be doing it in a live game 3 days from now. Thanks so much.

They continue to rest the joint so it can heal. If this were the playoffs, he'd go.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

#smokescreen by NAGY

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The CCS Medical Board is going to be out in full over the next week.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me the only decision is if he's at risk for further injury by playing against the Giants, where as if he waits 1 more week, his risk is the same as if he had never had the injury.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They continue to rest the joint so it can heal. If this were the playoffs, he'd go.
Yeah, definitely. But not worth the risk at this point in the season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have 2 viable options at QB, and only 1 with the testicular fortitude to take the field w/playoff seed on the line. Matt has no other choice.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
as someone who is actually a doctor I say STFU, he's not playing. Also, putting money on Shaheen reinjuring his concussion this Sunday.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I am not sure what to believe about Mitch right now when it comes from. I read on another site he did throw the ball. I just hope Nagy is not treating this game as an easy win

So you're hoping Nagy isn't a bad coach?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This football bravado of playing at level below your backups or risking further injury and lose more significant playing time is meatballish at best. I'm glad we have a head coach that gets it. Where would we be if Mack was still limping around because he didn't sit for a couple?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he literally can't throw the ball he ain't playing....that has nothing to do with caution.

If he miraculously is ready by game time then it is Nagy abusing the system. I just don't see the Bears using that much subterfuge. He is still hurt.

Based on Mitch's comment it sounds like they are not letting him throw.

I think the happy compromise is to let him throw a little tomorrow and then dress him on Sunday in case Daniel implodes.

The Giants game is important enough to use him in an emergency.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
if anything I think it's worse than they're letting on...if you replay that game I think he intended one pass after the injury and it was way off target and no sauce on it

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think the happy compromise is to let him throw a little tomorrow and then dress him on Sunday in case Daniel implodes.

That may not even be possible if Tyler Bray is still around. Trubisky may be in street clothes. If Trubisky could have played and they lose this game that would be a black mark on Nagy's 1st year.

Bears need this and the 49ers game.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

yeah - it has nothing to do with him not being able to throw. He can throw, it is just they are waiting for the bruise to completely heal. I would him on Sunday, just in case (even if Trubisky does not practice). I don't see the Giants having much of a chance either way, unless Barkley gets going and they feed him 30+ times. That oline is going to have a tough time against the Bears defense.