If Nagy is over cautious then he is wrong concerning Mitch

msadows

Liked Posts:
yeah - it has nothing to do with him not being able to throw. He can throw, it is just they are waiting for the bruise to completely heal. I would him on Sunday, just in case (even if Trubisky does not practice). I don't see the Giants having much of a chance either way, unless Barkley gets going and they feed him 30+ times. That oline is going to have a tough time against the Bears defense.

Yup, kinda like when Mack didn't practice at all with his bum ankle but was jumping up and down celebrating with his teammates.

Nagy would rather take a cautious approach to injury, wish the fucking morons over at the chargers(Anthony Lynn, Ken Whisenhunt) would take that same approach.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Based on Mitch's comment it sounds like they are not letting him throw.

I think the happy compromise is to let him throw a little tomorrow and then dress him on Sunday in case Daniel implodes.

The Giants game is important enough to use him in an emergency.

I agree. Lots of people want him to make sure he is right for the Rams game since that is a real test for the Bears but this game is much more important because it is an absolutely winnable one - and one of the few instances of that left on the Bears schedule.

The Bears cannot afford to lose this game.

You don't want to get into a situation where you have to beat the Rams to get into the playoffs.

Or give a pissed off Rodgers the chance to take out a season of frustration out on the Bears and kill their Bears playoff odds.

Or have to beat the Vikings in Minnesota in a head to head game for the division.

Win the more manageable one's (Giants and 49ers) and you are at 10 wins and only need to win one of the tougher games (Vikings, Packers, & Rams) to get to 11 wins and have this thing 99.99% sealed (unless Minnesota wins out against the Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Vikings, & us)

The Giants and 49ers games are must wins

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree. Lots of people want him to make sure he is right for the Rams game since that is a real test for the Bears but this game is much more important because it is an absolutely winnable one - and one of the few instances of that left on the Bears schedule.

The Bears cannot afford to lose this game.

You don't want to get into a situation where you have to beat the Rams to get into the playoffs.

Or give a pissed off Rodgers the chance to take out a season of frustration out on the Bears and kill their Bears playoff odds.

Or have to beat the Vikings in Minnesota in a head to head game for the division.

Win the more manageable one's (Giants and 49ers) and you are at 10 wins and only need to win one of the tougher games (Vikings, Packers, & Rams) to get to 11 wins and have this thing 99.99% sealed (unless Minnesota wins out against the Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Vikings, & us)

The Giants and 49ers games are must wins

I think this game will end up similar to the bills game where it won't matter to have mitch out there for a win.

The giants line on both sides of the ball is really bad, you can't field a good football team with a bad line. If Hicks is healthy, We should be in the backfield nonstop against eli and he lacks the mobility to escape pressure. I doubt he gets enough time to be able to allow OBJ to go deep, so we will prob see a similar gameplan that the lions had last week. Barkley is about the only thing I'm scared about to sway this game towards the Giants. If the defense tackles well we should leave that stadium with a comfortable lead.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Running QBs don’t last.

Mitch does a good job of getting down and sliding. This isn't RGIII we are talking about here.

Very few times does he take a huge hit. This injury was a cheap shot that you can't put on Mitch.

His play style is a lot like Russell Wilson's in the sense that yes he is running but he is only getting what is there and careful enough about it to the point where he's not taking many hits.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch does a good job of getting down and sliding. This isn't RGIII we are talking about here.

Very few times does he take a huge hit. This injury was a cheap shot that you can't put on Mitch.

His play style is a lot like Russell Wilson's in the sense that yes he is running but he is only getting what is there and careful enough about it to the point where he's not taking many hits.

Also, in this day and age of the NFL you are at a much lesser risk to get injured running the ball. He could just as easily have gotten the shoulder bruise on a late hit in the pocket.

Him getting injured wasn't a result of him running the ball, it was the result of a cheap shot/roughing call.. Those have happened plenty of times in the pocket this season, its just unfortunate that it led to an injury this time.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I think this game will end up similar to the bills game where it won't matter to have mitch out there for a win.

The giants line on both sides of the ball is really bad, you can't field a good football team with a bad line. If Hicks is healthy, We should be in the backfield nonstop against eli and he lacks the mobility to escape pressure. I doubt he gets enough time to be able to allow OBJ to go deep, so we will prob see a similar gameplan that the lions had last week. Barkley is about the only thing I'm scared about to sway this game towards the Giants. If the defense tackles well we should leave that stadium with a comfortable lead.

I agree with you on paper but the problem with bad teams is usually the reason they are bad is not because they aren't talented but because they are inconsistent.

When coaches jobs and players jobs get on the line at the end of the year, bad teams always seem to get at least one big win that doesn't make sense.

It happens every year where some team fighting for the playoffs gets taken out by a team it looked like they would "dominate" on paper.

I would play Mitch if he can throw at all (assuming they say no long term injury risk like what happened to Luck) and go to a quick passing game to try to save him from hits, get up to a big lead early, and then sit him.

This game is too important not to.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Based on Mitch's comment it sounds like they are not letting him throw.

I think the happy compromise is to let him throw a little tomorrow and then dress him on Sunday in case Daniel implodes.

The Giants game is important enough to use him in an emergency.

I mentioned this possibility yesterday, but am rethinking it now.

When would you decide to bring Mitch in? If it's a close game? That wouldnt make sense, otherwise why would you start Chase in the first place?

So do you bring him in if we go down big? Would that even be worth it at that point? It would mean Mitch would have to be passing a lot trying to play catch up, with a still not 100% shoulder and with no practice. Also, the and Giants pass rush will be pinning their ears back going after him.

So i now think we ride Chase no matter what happens in this game...

swz01

Liked Posts:
If he literally can't throw the ball he ain't playing....that has nothing to do with caution.

If he miraculously is ready by game time then it is Nagy abusing the system. I just don't see the Bears using that much subterfuge. He is still hurt.

Hint: If he can't throw a ball two weeks after being injured, it's not a bruise or a sprain, it's a tear.

Most Bears fans are way too overconfident about this Giants game. I'm predicting a 3-7 point loss with Daniel in there. Now it won't make a difference if Trubisky plays until the Packers game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mentioned this possibility yesterday, but am rethinking it now.

When would you decide to bring Mitch in? If it's a close game? That wouldnt make sense, otherwise why would you start Chase in the first place?

So do you bring him in if we go down big? Would that even be worth it at that point? It would mean Mitch would have to be passing a lot trying to play catch up, with a still not 100% shoulder and with no practice. Also, the and Giants pass rush will be pinning their ears back going after him.

So i now think we ride Chase no matter what happens in this game...

You bring him in if Chase plays poorly. If he replicates the Lions game you let him roll the entire time.

This is only in the case that Chase catches on fire in the first half and totally flames out.

I do not really see a scenario where we are down big, unless the entire team no shows, in which case leave Mitch on the bench.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Nagy thinks he can beat the Giants with defense and game plan than he can make that call.

But if they lose and Mitch is a full participant on Wednesday next week then the loss is on his conservative approach. Unless Chase hangs 30 points and the defense goes full Miami.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He didn't throw in practice yesterday. He's not throwing again today. I think that pretty much says it all. If they don't feel comfortable having him throw the ball in practice, then he absolutely shouldn't be doing it in a live game 3 days from now. Thanks so much.

Sending him to the podium was odd if this was the case. It was not mandatory and the reporters were going to be relentless in their questioning. Maybe this is the smokescreen we hoped for last week? Has CHAISE DANIELS been sent to the podium yet? Not sure of exactly the media obligations with the team, but something seems fishy.

Either way, we need this W.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
When did the Giants get a good defense?

richb688

Liked Posts:
This football bravado of playing at level below your backups or risking further injury and lose more significant playing time is meatballish at best. I'm glad we have a head coach that gets it. Where would we be if Mack was still limping around because he didn't sit for a couple?

He might not be 100 percent the rest of the season-------and I just wished Nagy would have said not a major injury but a good chance of missing two games to be on the safe side--last Thursday Nagy said if it was a Sunday game Mitch would have played-cant have it both ways.

richb688

Liked Posts:
When did the Giants get a good defense?

it is their offense that is hurting their defense and Daniel is not exactly Joe Montana-he was serviceable against the lions and played turn over free that game. I feel the more Daniel plays the more dicey it is. The Bears are not in the post season yet. If they stumble in this game all of a sudden they have a very tough game with the Rams and Mitch will have had almost 21 days off----followed by Green Bay. It is a dicey.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Mitch is truly hurt then sit him on the Bench cool I an fine with that move. If however Nagy is being over cautious with him and he is 90 percent plus ready to go and wont play him that is not a good move. If this was a rams or Green bay game would he still be sitting? The Giants have a pretty good defense and this game is not a100 percent win With Daniel Playing. I don't maybe enjoy being lied to 100 percent. Nagy said minor injury could have played Sunday against the Lions.

It is not totally fair for Mitch to sit 21 days and be in sync with the offense in a big game with the Rams in which the Bears will be the under dog. The only good thing is Minn is playing the Patriots Sunday. Mitch did practice Wednesday. I am a little worried that a surprise good season could get derailed slightly by being over cautious
Just think of all the tissues and lotion you'll save on Sunday.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He might not be 100 percent the rest of the season-------and I just wished Nagy would have said not a major injury but a good chance of missing two games to be on the safe side--last Thursday Nagy said if it was a Sunday game Mitch would have played-cant have it both ways.

Don't be stupid. The longer he waits, the more it heals. He isn't throwing for a reason. It gets better if you don't use it. A mild separation is considered a 2 -3 week heal before it's structurally as good as new. After that it's working out the soreness/stiffness and getting the strength back. It won't heal if you use it. He could play with it as is but risk making it worse and we still have a long way to go. Why if it were the playoffs, he'd go anyway but also why he probably doesn't play this week. Stop being a meatball and accept that we probably have a better chance in every game that follows this one if he sits.