Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
mlb2k11cover.jpg

2K Sports is bringing back the Perfect Game Contest for MLB 2K11. Last year the $1 million dollar prize was won on the first day. The biggest change though comes with a shift of the start date. While the game releases on March 8th the contest won’t begin until April 1st to coincide with opening day. Also the age requirement is being dropped from 18 to 13. Other restrictions such as playing within the “Perfect Game Mode”, recording the event on video from start to finish, using all default settings, and avoiding pausing the game during the duration remains the same.

The $1 million stunt last year made for some good mainstream press for 2K but didn’t do much if anything to boost sales. Bringing it back is somewhat of a surprise just because of the money involved on a franchise that will be losing the company a hefty amount yet again. It does give them something to push heavily in marketing that differentiates it from the competition however. Does the $1 million contest make you more likely to consider MLB 2K11? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

More...

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they should invest that million bucks into making the game better.

Just sayin

The winner thing is just a big PR stunt to take away from just how bad the actual game is.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they should invest that million bucks into making the game better.

Just sayin

The winner thing is just a big PR stunt to take away from just how bad the actual game is.

They'll make more than a milli off of people buying the game to do this. Then turn around and put that into the game.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
....and the game will still suck....

granted, if i have this game...april 1st at midnight....roy halladay will be toeing the rubber against the pittsburgh pirates...

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least I get this one still for free. Probably last one I will ever play.