Line Savior

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the trade from getting bigger. Smaltz couldn't find a niche on this team, didn't seem to point as well as it looked like with all his work and creation, very little fruit.

Was it Smaltz or the condition around here?

That said, the extra depth helps and I think it was a chemistry fixer.

Saad-Toews-Kahun

Perlini-AA-Kane

Kunitz/Saluki-Strome-Cat

Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both.

Schmaltz didn't do himself any favors by constantly deferring to Kane. Flipside though the team is a shambles.

I still think it's early to declare a winner in the trade. However, any chemistry fixes seem to only be happening at the front end of the ice. The back end still sucks royally and I don't think Strome or Perlini are going to fix that.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the line savior is kane. The improvement needs to come from another right wing like Dylan Sikora either on the top or third line. They put Saad over there to start last night, then moved him back to left when they loaded up with kane.

We need to give Kane and Kat a few consistent games together, he is the only one other than fortin looking to shoot the puck on this team.

Kunitz needs to go. I dont want to see him dressed anymore taking up a spot from one of these kids finding some experience.

You figure the top line to be

Cat, Strome, Kane,
Saad, Toews, Perlini,
But run a third of
Fortin, Kampf and DSik

Then let the fourth line of
Haydon/Martinson, Kruger, AA pound people and just bide time while the top 9 are getting a breather.

Just seems like if this team can average 6 goals they might win half the games because they would be giving up 6 or 7.

I hope they go back to
Joker, Keith
Seabrook, Forsling
Gus, Rutta

Man Forsling looks lame playing the right side with Keith, I just cant see why they keep doing it.

I believe you will have three productive lines.

( I dont know who you mean by Saluki, but having Strome and Perlini on the third and fourth lines make this trade a loser in my eyes.)

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the line savior is kane. The improvement needs to come from another right wing like Dylan Sikora either on the top or third line. They put Saad over there to start last night, then moved him back to left when they loaded up with kane.

We need to give Kane and Kat a few consistent games together, he is the only one other than fortin looking to shoot the puck on this team.

Kunitz needs to go. I dont want to see him dressed anymore taking up a spot from one of these kids finding some experience.

You figure the top line to be

Cat, Strome, Kane,
Saad, Toews, Perlini,
But run a third of
Fortin, Kampf and DSik

Then let the fourth line of
Haydon/Martinson, Kruger, AA pound people and just bide time while the top 9 are getting a breather.

Just seems like if this team can average 6 goals they might win half the games because they would be giving up 6 or 7.

I hope they go back to
Joker, Keith
Seabrook, Forsling
Gus, Rutta

Man Forsling looks lame playing the right side with Keith, I just cant see why they keep doing it.

I believe you will have three productive lines.

( I dont know who you mean by Saluki, but having Strome and Perlini on the third and fourth lines make this trade a loser in my eyes.)

I don't agree with the assertion that Strome/Perlini being 3rd liners makes the trade a loser. Now truth be told all of our centers sucked ass the last 2 games at the dot, but if Strome can get to 50%+ at the dot that's already a win over Schmaltz. Schmaltz might have had a good skillset, but he wasn't bringing it to bear and always deferred to Kane. Irrespective of his potential I seriously don't think that would have ever developed with the 'hawks. Strome at 50% or better means Toews is not shoehorned into every important faceoff.

To wit: if Strome becomes a decent 3rd line center that can take draws, he's more than Schmaltz was and likely would have been for us. But right now it's really hard to judge because the whole team sucks donkey balls.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Can we get Buff back please

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow. that smith save with the blade of his skate or anisimov was sick. Kind of upset Artie could not lift the puck 8 inches into an open net, but still, wow. Crow made some great ones in the first period or Calgary might have gotten 10.