***Official*** College Basketball Thread (Vol. March Sadness 2020)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know a guy who was a SunBelt ref and within the last couple of years was promoted/hired by the SEC. He always knew which refs would call certain fouls and would tell me which refs just fucking sucked. I asked him about refs being on the take and he said he's 100% certain it happens.

I’m not one to say conspiracy but I have watched enough games that the refs don’t call things until the end. I also watched a game the other night. The spread was 5. They were down 6 with 2:00 minutes to go. The team down kept fouling. I’m not a coach but I didn’t understand this. It felt like the coach was looking for the over. The final last two limited lasted almost 25 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not one to say conspiracy but I have watched enough games that the refs don’t call things until the end. I also watched a game the other night. The spread was 5. They were down 6 with 2:00 minutes to go. The team down kept fouling. I’m not a coach but I didn’t understand this. It felt like the coach was looking for the over. The final last two limited lasted almost 25 minutes

He didn't say that he had actual proof just that there would be too many games with iffy calls at the end that swung the spread when it didn't matter.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So does UT or UK get a #1seed?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I dont understand college basketball rules. I mean the ball was grabbed before the foul but its obviously a foul. I also didnt get Duke vs. UNC last night when the ball stuck to the rim. It was still UNC ball even though they shot it. Possession arrow but they shot and it failed how is that not the other teams ball?

It's the possession arrow. It's weird but in case of dead ball or both players have it while out of bounds, etc it's the possession arrow.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the possession arrow. It's weird but in case of dead ball or both players have it while out of bounds, etc it's the possession arrow.

I know, I just hate the rule. Lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duke, Virgina, North Carolina, and Gonzaga going to be the number 1

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Duke, Virgina, North Carolina, and Gonzaga going to be the number 1

Nailed it. Virginia will blow it again early in the tournament.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeesh. That Midwest Region.... KU is a 4-seed and could play S16, E8 in Kansas City.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeesh. That Midwest Region.... KU is a 4-seed and could play S16, E8 in Kansas City.

I think Self bombs it. KU simply isn't that good this year and I believe I read rumors that he's contemplating a jump to the NBA, especially if these investigations continue to bring his name up. The only guy that stops Self from choking is Mario Chalmers.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I think Self bombs it. KU simply isn't that good this year and I believe I read rumors that he's contemplating a jump to the NBA, especially if these investigations continue to bring his name up. The only guy that stops Self from choking is Mario Chalmers.

Self/Kansas usually perform better in the tournament when they aren't very good and the pressure is off. When Self has a team stacked with NBA players, they lose to Northern Iowa or some other crap team. It makes no sense. They have kind of a good setup this year...Northeastern isn't a threat, then they could face a Bruce Pearl-coached team in the 2nd round, which almost guarantees them a Sweet 16 appearance against UNC...in Kansas City.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Self/Kansas usually perform better in the tournament when they aren't very good and the pressure is off. When Self has a team stacked with NBA players, they lose to Northern Iowa or some other crap team. It makes no sense. They have kind of a good setup this year...Northeastern isn't a threat, then they could face a Bruce Pearl-coached team in the 2nd round, which almost guarantees them a Sweet 16 appearance against UNC...in Kansas City.

I'm still bitter about Self. When he was hired, I said he would be the next Tulsa coach to win it all (Nolan, Tubby) and of course he wins it all....after he bolts Illinois.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Digging into my bracket now. Funny how Michigan loses to Michigan State and they get a 2 seed in Gonzaga's region. I thought overall the selection committee did well, but a few odd things:

Bradley as a 15 seed and the MVC champ. Bradley kind of sucks, but the MVC is strong. Kind of weird that MVC is 15 while the poor Horizon League Champ is a 14.

The lower half of the Midwest is a mess. Houston, ISU, Kentucky, even Wofford. UNC can sit back, play no one, and then start playing in the Elite 8.

Villanova seeded 6 while Marquette is 5 makes no sense.

Oregon won the PAC12 and is a 12 seed? Wow. Pac12 must suck even more than I thought.

UVA gets to potentially face several teams that play the same plodding style as them...Wisconsn, Purdue, Cincy, KSU. That is a benefit to them.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cinci in Ohio and Nova close to home as well. They are a 6 and 7 seed. Don't know why the committee rewarded them with that.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Going to be some boring games in UVA's bracket. I'm sure Gus Adolph will be fucking thrilled.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Digging into my bracket now. Funny how Michigan loses to Michigan State and they get a 2 seed in Gonzaga's region. I thought overall the selection committee did well, but a few odd things:

Bradley as a 15 seed and the MVC champ. Bradley kind of sucks, but the MVC is strong. Kind of weird that MVC is 15 while the poor Horizon League Champ is a 14.

The lower half of the Midwest is a mess. Houston, ISU, Kentucky, even Wofford. UNC can sit back, play no one, and then start playing in the Elite 8.

Villanova seeded 6 while Marquette is 5 makes no sense.

Oregon won the PAC12 and is a 12 seed? Wow. Pac12 must suck even more than I thought.

UVA gets to potentially face several teams that play the same plodding style as them...Wisconsn, Purdue, Cincy, KSU. That is a benefit to them.

PAC 12 is straight garbage this year. Oregon got hot towards the end of the season. Washington was the most consistent and they are not a threat

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Twitter is telling me that Fred Hoiberg will be the next HC of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I heard it was Lou Henson.