Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 29

Thread: Push for Gonzaga University coach Mark Few to replace Fred Hoiberg

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Push for Gonzaga University coach Mark Few to replace Fred Hoiberg

    I would like to start a movement to replace Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg with one of the top coaches in college basketball. I would like everyone to join in to replace Fred Hoiberg with Gonzaga University coach Mark Few the same way Boston was able to get one Brad Stevens from Butler University. If we're gonna have a college coach running our squad, let's make it somebody who's consistently progressed on the college level. Mark Few's squad's are constantly taking steps towards a national championship and he is also able to bring a winning culture. Everyone that's a die hard Chicago Bulls fan should do the research on Mark Few and make a conscious decision on making this happen. Boston realized it was time for some fresh competent blood to run the show and took a chance on Brad Stevens. it's definitely Mark Few turn to make an impact in the NBA. Please please please everybody come join in this movement and I guarantee our beloved Chicago Bulls will be of relevance again in about 2 to 3 years.
    Last edited by ColossalChiCed66; 12-01-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Word corrections

  2. #2
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    No.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    And why not?

  4. #4
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    Because it's a dumb idea.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Just because you say it's a dumb idea doesn't make your opinion anything near credible and for all I know, you're probable a Fred Hoiberg supporter trying to stop the movement. If you're not gonna expound on your reasoning for not supporting the post, just don't comment at all. Nobody asked for your two cents anyway.

    Mark Few hater!!!

  6. #6
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,505

    Default

    I think he would fare better than Fred, but if we're all just here making posts about college coaches we want, put me on the Tony Bennett wagon.

  7. #7
    CCS HoF: Class of 2015 Grimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    24,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he would fare better than Fred, but if we're all just here making posts about college coaches we want, put me on the Tony Bennett wagon.
    One of my buddies mentioned Tony Bennett this weekend. Said he would be a great fit for the Bulls due to his defensive mindset.

    How is he compared to Thibs? Thibs seemed to wear everyone down by treating a practice like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

    Bulls are going to have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if they keep tanking this year and get a top pick next draft... but, how much defensive mindset is too much of a defensive mindset?

  8. #8
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Changing coaches for the Bulls is using a Band Aid to repair a fracture.
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    TonyMontana, it has to start somewhere. It can trickle on down. Anything beats what we already dont have and that's a good coach.

  10. #10
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    You should really ask yourself, with the success that Mark Few has had, why has he never gone to a program in a P5 school. Maybe, just maybe, Mark Few doesn't want to coach the Chicago Bulls. Here's a great article from him a couple years ago, and an even better quote at the end: https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/mark-f...ry?id=29020907


    He's more proud of the order that surrounds his program. He's ignored offers to coach at bigger schools with bigger budgets because he's smart enough to understand the value and rarity of what he's constructed in Spokane.
    So maybe not make a campaign for a guy who would probably want the job in the first place.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  11. #11
    Bears zack54attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Forest Park
    Posts
    11,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he would fare better than Fred, but if we're all just here making posts about college coaches we want, put me on the Tony Bennett wagon.
    Tony Bennett leaving Virginia is likely for a High-profile college job (UNC, Kansas, UK, etc). If he goes to the NBA, I see a team that has a superstar and can take that next step. Dunno if Chicago would fit. But I'd be intrigued.
    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind


    Hidden Content

  12. #12
    aka Bullseye RC_Skinny22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Marc Jackson is available ...
    ALL-TIME CHICAGO BULLS
    Hidden Content
    My Bulls room:
    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Skinny22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Jackson is available ...
    I just threw up in my mouth.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  14. #14
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my buddies mentioned Tony Bennett this weekend. Said he would be a great fit for the Bulls due to his defensive mindset.

    How is he compared to Thibs? Thibs seemed to wear everyone down by treating a practice like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

    Bulls are going to have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if they keep tanking this year and get a top pick next draft... but, how much defensive mindset is too much of a defensive mindset?
    Just because a coach is known for one facet of the game, does not make them all the same. For instance, nobody should compare Stan Van Gundy to Steve Kerr. Bennett, unlike Thibs, is not one of those guys that relies strictly on his vets. He will experiment a lot more and he does know how to push an offense.

    Last coach I wanted was Nick Nurse, and at that point he was INSIDE our system coaching the Energy. Wow, what a scounting blunder the Bulls had letting him slip by them.

  15. #15
    Mr. Mojo Risin Axl Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,961

    Default

    I say its time for Paxson to come down and coach.

    That way he can run the team how he likes since he has all these problems with rotations, minutes, culture.

  16. #16
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Skinny22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marc Jackson is available ...
    Please tell me that is a joke. Warriors won got to and won the finals the 1st season after he was fired with the same team.

  17. #17
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say its time for Paxson to come down and coach.

    That way he can run the team how he likes since he has all these problems with rotations, minutes, culture.
    It's bad enough he is the gm. But if this is his last hire I wouldn't be opposed to him. Still can't believe garpax will get a 6th hire.

  18. #18
    4th Generation Gaggler Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25,459

    Default

    One of the more depressing things about Chicago sports fans are who they want to coach teams. Multiple people from FO (maybe even the owner) to fucking secretaries came out and talked about how he alienated 200 people in the organization. Beyond that, it's clear that Jackson is going to want a say in things, and we saw how that went over Thibs and GarPax.

    It's this short term amnesia that comes with this that just frustrates me to no end. And there's no excuse for it! Positing on a message board is much more advanced than doing a simple Google search.
    My Current Alts
    1. HeHateMe
    2. Novak
    3. Warden of the Northeast
    4. Teddy KGB
    5. brett05
    6. BearDen

  19. #19
    First time, long time. RiDLer80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Suburbs
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my buddies mentioned Tony Bennett this weekend. Said he would be a great fit for the Bulls due to his defensive mindset.

    How is he compared to Thibs? Thibs seemed to wear everyone down by treating a practice like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

    Bulls are going to have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if they keep tanking this year and get a top pick next draft... but, how much defensive mindset is too much of a defensive mindset?
    Defensive mindset? So you want Thibs all over. This is 2018, scoring is at an all time high. Even with good defensive sets you still need to be able to put up points and Bennett has a worse offense than Thibs. Yeah, lets hire the only man in history to lose to a 16th seed in the NCAAAT.
    WestEndZone.com

  20. #20
    All-Star RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    I donít think Mark Few wants to leave where heís at

  21. #21
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Jay wright

  22. #22
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColossalChiCed66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And why not?
    Strike 1 Tim Floyd
    Strike 2 Fred Hoiberg

    what else needs to be said?
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •