Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest for #1

Default Quest for #1

Well boys it's going to be that type of year. Lottery here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well boys it's going to be that type of year. Lottery here we come
    I could see Stan taking a midget defenseman with the #1 pick.

That first period...
    "Political Correctness is just Fascism disguised as Politeness!" - George Carlin -

All-Star

Of course there will be no McDavids or Kanes in this draft so why not be #1

All-Star

Jack Hughes has been putting up better numbers than Kane and Matthews did on the National team. Really it doesn't matter. Hawks need talent anywhere they can find it. The best part is that they have played a cupcake schedule and they are nearly last in the conference. Wait until they see the Jets, Avs, Preds, etc. on a more consistent basis. This is gonna get super ugly. Plus, the trades will start happening making the team even worse in terms of chemistry, etc.

19, 88, 7, 50, and 2. All should be at least offered across the league. No reason to keep any of them at this point. As good as they were during the Cup years, you can tell they are completely checked out right now. Going from playing in a packed building and winning to the cellar in the entire league kills motivation. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of them ask to be moved soon.

Toews did nothing again but go -1, lose more faceoffs than he won AND had one giveaway and zero takeaways.

At least Kane had a point.

Another L

I dont think Kane will ask to be moved, but he might ask for a consistent line. He has maybe received a dozen passes on his tape all year.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Quote Originally Posted by Grimson View Post
    Toews did nothing again but go -1, lose more faceoffs than he won AND had one giveaway and zero takeaways.

At least Kane had a point.
    Captain Toews scored a goal, idiot. They were literally within striking distance at the end of the game because of his performance.

If any team has earned cred it's the Blackhawks, i'm OK with a rebuild, 3 titles in 6 years has earned them the benefit of the doubt

Quote Originally Posted by bearscubsfan View Post
    If any team has earned cred it's the Blackhawks, i'm OK with a rebuild, 3 titles in 6 years has earned them the benefit of the doubt
    Sure, but that was a different guy doing the rebuild... HERE WE GO AGAIN FELLAS!!! ALL HAIL DALE!!!
    Roooooooadddhouse....

If we could i would use the pick and move a contract with it. There is some talent coming up for D. this organization outside of Kane and Debrincat lacks a consistent offensive juggernaut.

unfortunately i feel this team is going to have to be built around the core group, aged veterans, and entry level deals
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 12-07-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Is there any game changer in the top 5 of the upcoming draft that we need to be cheering for losses to stack up for?

Quote Originally Posted by BEARZOMBIE View Post
    Is there any game changer in the top 5 of the upcoming draft that we need to be cheering for losses to stack up for?
    There's Hughes, but he's a tiny guy. He'll be the number one overall pick.
    "Political Correctness is just Fascism disguised as Politeness!" - George Carlin -

Quote Originally Posted by MassHavoc View Post
    Sure, but that was a different guy doing the rebuild... HERE WE GO AGAIN FELLAS!!! ALL HAIL DALE!!!
    Amen.......ALL HAIL DALE

Tough loss last night, man I hate seeing Danault skating for Montreal. Shaw does not sting as much anymore, but damn.

I'm always all in for best available in the draft at all times. I don't care what position get the best player you can possibly get. regardless of positional needs, ect.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

Boqvist making headlines on his team, Sikora still not up with the hawks. He is only on this year deal right? I saw he was signed for 2 years, and capfriendly says it was signed this march for 2 years, but he was with the team last year. Why would he want to stick around if they dont play him with this terrible team here?

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    If we could i would use the pick and move a contract with it. There is some talent coming up for D. this organization outside of Kane and Debrincat lacks a consistent offensive juggernaut.

unfortunately i feel this team is going to have to be built around the core group, aged veterans, and entry level deals
    Am I getting this right? You would trade possibly the #1 pick? For what?
    "I am a pirate of near-mythical reputation, I am feared across the seven seas for my ruthlessness and sword-fighting prowess, and I am well known for taking no prisoners."

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MassHavoc View Post
    I'm always all in for best available in the draft at all times. I don't care what position get the best player you can possibly get. regardless of positional needs, ect.
    I understand that, but when you have players cemented in position, like their skates are cemented on the ice sometimes, there has to be a choice made.

Right now we have two real good veteran goaltenders, they are making some 10 bell saves, then letting little shit get thru.

The current push for teams is having a big center who will also run you over like McDavid. Last night Haydon had plenty of chances to just steam roll puck carriers with legal hits and he backed off, apparently the thought is you get on the top line, you have to play with Finesse, whether thats your game or not. It happened back with carbomb. Put the lunatic on the line to keep the finesse guys clean and pay back when they get hit, since our D men dont seem to like to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    I understand that, but when you have players cemented in position, like their skates are cemented on the ice sometimes, there has to be a choice made.

Right now we have two real good veteran goaltenders, they are making some 10 bell saves, then letting little shit get thru.

The current push for teams is having a big center who will also run you over like McDavid. Last night Haydon had plenty of chances to just steam roll puck carriers with legal hits and he backed off, apparently the thought is you get on the top line, you have to play with Finesse, whether thats your game or not. It happened back with carbomb. Put the lunatic on the line to keep the finesse guys clean and pay back when they get hit, since our D men dont seem to like to do that.
    For me, and I'm not saying it's the only way, but the Draft is all about asset acquisition, not about instantly filling holes in the lineup. If you can do both great. But get the best possible player available every time in order to accrue organizational value and have more flexibility to fill the holes in the future. I'd much rather fill a hole in free agency or via trade than to have to rely on draft picks working out.

I personally see draft picks as being more valuable to get the pieces you need than actually being the pieces you need. Luckily not all GMs feel the same way which is why so are very hot on trading for young unknown players to turn out to be the next Kane. While you draft in hopes of that, more often than not the player is not NHL level vs. is NHL level. I'd take the safer route, especially when rebuilding. If we were loaded and set for year, then maybe you get more risky.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

At least we finally had an aggressive forecheck. Funny how when that happens the other team turns the puck over, and creates chances.

Always go Best player in the draft. Fill holes in F/A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast