How will you react?

mac bear

Liked Posts:
The way I see it, there are three specific outcomes to Sunday night’s game that will light up message boards in different ways.

1. If we win (regardless of by how much—tight win or blowout, I believe the general reactions will be comparable).

2. We lose tight.

3. We lose in blowout fashion.

How will you react to each... and, briefly, why?

I’ll start.

1. I am predicting this one. I actually think we’ll win by 10 plus. I have this kind of like game one this year vibe/buzz going on. That kind of, I am excited, and I think... but I don’t know, maybe it’s still too early to tell, thing going.

Game one—I was jamming with first half. The Rogers miracle 2nd half and D “letdown”, well, I took it : live and learn.

And here we are. Similar buzz. We are completely not favourites, but there is a subtle, I don’t know, maybe, it’s still too early” buzz almost nationally now.

And we are home. And Trubisky is back. And Nagy has been game planning for this as much as McVay—probably more, and earlier.

Oh, and Mack is all about quiet I will show you who’s better who’s best against Donald.

So, I’m any gif, arms crossed nodding when we win.

2. Close loss.

All good. Live and learn. Rams are team to beat, no one will / should disrespect us for playing hard and losing tight.

Next up?

3. Blowout.

It can happen. Pissed, cause my fucking expectations that I allowed to be lifted uncharacteristically high now have to be stymied.

I join the 8-8 isn’t such a bad upgrade from last year, and I hunt for like minded posts from preseason.

Then as we go 9-7 or 10 and 6, I feel I played the optimistic pessimistic game well.

Cheers.

Oh, and if Howard off and Henry style stiff arms and breaks a big 50 plus yard run. Regardless of What 1,2 or 3 above, I am grinning to the bank.

He’s so due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we will lose this game never being in control, but within striking distance. Like 10 to 13 points. I think the offense will be flat mid-game & Biscuit will struggle.

I expect to log into CSS, see the usual immediate overreactions, followed by "Trubisky is still injured" excuses.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we win everyone will be talking superbowl... If we lose the season is over. Personally if we lose this game, and I dont think we will, I will pause my anger until the Vikings Seahawks results Monday night...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of outcome. I'll look at why certain things happened and know we're still leading our division. Pats lost to the Lions by 16. One game in a vacuum doesn't mean much and this team should still be getting better as we move forward. I will get pissed by poor coaching or individual play but that's true of every game, win or loss. While I get stirred up during games, I'm less result driven on a per game basis and prefer to look at the season as a whole.

Here's an interesting view. We will probably face them again in the playoffs. Could Nagy actually hold some things back or set things up for that game with his play calling in this one? I don't think so but these coaches are a cerebral big picture guys and able to do things like that without much in game compromise.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm expecting a loss, so a win by any measure would be gravy for me personally and would mean the Bears are probably one win away from clinching the division.

A close or fairly close loss will keep my personal status quo (say, about 10 points) where I'm overall optimistic about this team and still think they're going to win the division, but that there are still shortcomings that need to be addressed.

A blowout loss will make me feel pretty crappy (especially since I have to get up at 3:50 a.m. each day and am staying up late), but it probably won't change by belief that this team is still going to beat Green Bay and San Francisco to wrap up the division before the Vikings game.

The separate thing is that I'm very hopeful Trubisky plays well. We have our quarterback. I whole-heartedly believe that. But I'd feel a whole lot better about his injury and the Bears' playoff outlook if he looks good on Sunday night.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's an interesting view. We will probably face them again in the playoffs. Could Nagy actually hold some things back or set things up for that game with his play calling in this one?

get.gif

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Regardless of outcome. I'll look at why certain things happened and know we're still leading our division. Pats lost to the Lions by 16. One game in a vacuum doesn't mean much and this team should still be getting better as we move forward. I will get pissed by poor coaching or individual play but that's true of every game, win or loss. While I get stirred up during games, I'm less result driven on a per game basis and prefer to look at the season as a whole.

Here's an interesting view. We will probably face them again in the playoffs. Could Nagy actually hold some things back or set things up for that game with his play calling in this one? I don't think so but these coaches are a cerebral big picture guys and able to do things like that without much in game compromise.

I don't think Nagy will hold anything back, but I do think he is capable of giving the opposing team some different looks in a second meeting. With the Vikings it might be more of a strategy to hold a few things back, particularly if we have the division wrapped up or it appears that we might be playing them again in the playoffs.

In years past the second time around against a team was the same as the first time around, and the opponent knew it, so they could sellout to a defensive scheme and not worry about getting exposed. A prime example of that was the fact that we went 4-0 against the AFC North last year, because they were not very familiar with us.

If we win, I will be ecstatic, and likely over reaction initially, same if we get blown out. But I am going into this game EXPECTING a Loss (that is sad), but the Rams are a clear step above us this season, and unlike the Chiefs, they have a defense that is capable of taking over a game.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad if we lose, happy if we win, upset with a complete blowout.

Will move on to next week with any of the above.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Win-I'd be thrilled. I would really "buy in" to this team being great.
2. Lost Close—I'd also be okay with that. I mean, prefer a win, but I don't EXPECT them to win this (Expected a WIN vs NYG for sure.)
3. Lose Blowout—I'd be bothered by that. Means we're not ready for primetime. Still need pieces, development, etc.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I guess you are just gonna have to wait until the game is played.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I'll be surprised if Bears win, but still not ready to crown their asses until they win a tough road game.
If Bears lose then I'll be nervous as we are 8-5 and have to play the Packers after being 8-3, historically, that seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
Blown out? lol, par for the course.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Win - Be pretty thrilled
Lose - Ok
Lose in blowout - Ok

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
If they win, Super Bowl talk will start. If they lose and it's not particularly close, I actually don't think the reaction will be that bad because it'll be clear that the Bears just aren't elite yet.

The worst will be if the lose and it's really close. People will go apeshit.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I think it may be better long-term if we lose this game. If we win this game, we will have to beat an 11-1 twice. Much easier to beat an 11-1 team once. They can have this one, we'll take the game in January tyvm.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t think that is Nagy’s style. I think you play to blow them out. Period. Blow them out Sunday then blow them out again in January.

To the OP: Bears win most, except haters, will be talking deep playoff run. Fanboys talking Super Bowl. The Bears are legit with a win, no question. A tight loss will have some taking a moral victory. But it will only show the Bears are still a work in progress. A blowout loss, depending on what phase broke down the worst, will be bad a bad sign.

I will be very disappointed with a blowout loss. I can live with a tight loss. Any win and I think the Bears prove they deserve to be in any deep playoff run discussion; the Rams are one of the top teams in the conference if not the league. I expect a 4-5 point victory.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Crack the Crown Royal, sit and wrap my head around the fact that the Bears could win the Super Bowl this season, try and figure out how Spartan will twist this to a negative.

2. Stress Eat till the final whistle, realize that we are probably a year away, look at the fixable negatives to take the next step.

3. Hate eat till the final whistle, get angry at the guys who play worse, then slowly calm down and realize that this is a bonus year in the teams maturation.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
1. Be upset because Nagy 'showed his hand' to the Rams, when he should have kept a lid on everything and then surprised the Rams when they met in the postseason.

2. Be upset because Nagy probably did something stupid during the game that could be perceived as the difference between winning and losing.

3. Be upset because if the Bears were going to get blown out anyways, they should have rested Trubisky and Mack.