1985 Bears Not The Greatest Chicago Sports Team............

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan, I appreciate the "Warrior Spirit". I'm trying to make people realize that the Bears are not the most important team in Chicago. I think I am like one of the 25% who actually live and breath in the city of Chicago.
1. The "Warrior Spirit" is absolute rubbish. Imagine thinking fight or flight is still a thing in 2018 when the IPad is literally mightier than the sword.

2. Most people that follow sports know the 85 Bears are not the Grand Milestone of Chicago sports, but get your Cubbie Blues out of my forum. The truth is Michael Jordan the Greatest Bestest Most Importantest Anything to ever to happen Chicago Sports EVER. Thereby, the 90s Bulls trump all. Six trophies is eight years will never be repeated in this city...book it.

3. Living in the city limits does not make you a better fan, person or poster. Pointing it out ad nauseam does make you kind of a jackass, but I ain't here to judge.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
“Everything before the word but is horse shit”

Okay, but do I deserve all these "red bars"?? I feel alienated from the forum of Bears fans. No one seems to like me.

To be honest I have no idea what a red bar means here. All I know is everybody complains about having them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I am a real Bears fan who actually was born and raised in Chicago. I suspect 70% of you posters have never lived in Chicago. That means, that yes, I am a better Bear fan than you guys. I'm thinking the "Frisky One" throws for 3 TD's and the Bears win!!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I am a real Bears fan who actually was born and raised in Chicago. I suspect 70% of you posters have never lived in Chicago. That means, that yes, I am a better Bear fan than you guys. I'm thinking the "Frisky One" throws for 3 TD's and the Bears win!!

So let’s get this straight. You complain about feeling alienated from other bears fans... and then proceed to talk about how you are a “better” Bears fan than others here.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Teddy, that is not true. Back in the early days, most people who lived in Chicago cheered for the Cubs and Sox. The whole North side/South side is a bit of a myth.

Bullshit. My mom's side of the family is from Bridgeport and most come from a long line of Sox fans, and to all of them, saying you are cheering for the Cubs would be like saying you're cheering for Hitler. My bother in law's family is the same way, from a completely different area and demographic in the South Side.

So now I KNOW you are trolling and full of shit.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I apologize as this post is going to be about cross sports. I'm speaking of a life long Chicago resident and fan. The 1985 Bears Superbowl was a wonderful thing. Mike Ditka and crew owned the city for a long time. But the truth is, when the 2016 Cubs won the WS, they owned the city. 3 million came out for the Cubs Championship parade. I'm not a troll or a "Negative Nancy". I'm just putting things in prescriptive. I predict a Bears win Sunday night. 28-24.........!!!!!

The Greatest Chicago Sports team was the 90’s Bulls

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More proof it’s all rigged.

And if the Bears didn’t trade up, both would’ve been drafted 3rd overall...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And if the Bears didn’t trade up, both would’ve been drafted 3rd overall...

That stupid trade up cost us 6 rings!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Living in the city of Chicago makes me a better Bear fan. Of course, I witnessed (as a youngster) the Bulls legendary 6-peat in the 90's. I cheered Lovie Smith and Rex Grsossman. I watched Devon Hester run it back in the Superbowl! I love baseball more than football. It's true. But it still makes me a real Bears fan!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
He actually lives in Chicago

Actually that is important. I live in Uptown currently. It's about a mile or two North of Wrigleville. Of course, I have to deal with the extra "criminal element". The Chicago Police are always racing around my area. Mostly, doing nothing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan, I appreciate the "Warrior Spirit". I'm trying to make people realize that the Bears are not the most important team in Chicago. I think I am like one of the 25% who actually live and breath in the city of Chicago.
Baseball is boring.

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
BigAl baloney

I'm a real and big Bears fan. BUT, I think some fans here cling to 1985 like it's still relevant. Since 1985 the Chicago Cubs have made the playoffs more often than the Bears. I'm not being negative. Just a fact. When do you people give up on the ol "Superbowl Shuffle"? When does it end?
When another team dominates the way the 85 Bears did and clobber someone good in the Superbowl and does it more than once...maybe. But this team isnt even as good as the 84 Bears and Baseball is BORING. Oh And stats aside (which BTW mean nothing to anyone except an accountant) the bears havent had a realy superbowl quality Quarteback since McMahon period with the possible exception of Miller who had little to work with.
Trubisky is a hope...we'll see.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs squeaked in a Game 7 win, the Bears dominated and shutout every team on the way to the SB. But the greatest Chicago sports team of all time? 90s Bulls, write it down and fugetaboutit