1985 Bears Not The Greatest Chicago Sports Team............

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Cubs squeaked in a Game 7 win, the Bears dominated and shutout every team on the way to the SB. But the greatest Chicago sports team of all time? 90s Bulls, write it down and fugetaboutit
Bears have 9 lifetime championships.
They potentially are close to another within the decade. Bulls have 6 and won't be back for a long time....unless they get Zion..

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I'll say this... The Blackhawks won three Stanley Cup Championships from 2010-2016, and by July of 2016, the Bears were still bigger news than anything the Blackhawks were doing.

Chicago is, and will always be, a football town first and foremost.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bullshit. My mom's side of the family is from Bridgeport and most come from a long line of Sox fans, and to all of them, saying you are cheering for the Cubs would be like saying you're cheering for Hitler. My bother in law's family is the same way, from a completely different area and demographic in the South Side.

So now I KNOW you are trolling and full of shit.

According to this guy:

latest

The Cubs Sox hatred started in 1984, in 1983 the city united to root for the White Sox, but they lost. In 1984 the Cubs made the playoffs an the city went ape shit, Sox fans freaked out, they couldn't come to terms with the fact that the Cubs were infinitely more popular. To this day.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'll say this... The Blackhawks won three Stanley Cup Championships from 2010-2016, and by July of 2016, the Bears were still bigger news than anything the Blackhawks were doing.

Nah,I'd still say the Cubs. Older, and they bring just as much money as a sports fan tourist attraction. But both have their grip.
And unlike many cities, each team has one player in their history considered the greatest ever. Or one of the greatest ever.. the Bears have 2 or 3 of that...Hull,Jordan,Payton, Banks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Does this guy have a history of being this stupid?

I won't lie that the Cubs winning the world series is one of the biggest Chicago events of all time. However, in terms of popularity, the 85 Bears still hold the title.

You don't even have to get too deep about it.

in terms of baseball the city is split between Northside and Southside. however both sides in all the suburbs get together for the Bears. No matter anyway you slice it it draws upon a larger fan base.

There's only one thing that will help people move on from the 85 Bears. That is a current Bears team winning the super bowl and being in playoff contention every year.

That's it.

Frankly, if you had put a little bit more thought into your trolling efforts, you could have made an argument for the Chicago bulls dynasty rivaling the popularity of the 85 Bears. At least in the day.

LOL @ thinking there are no fans of teams outside of the city. And even bigger LOL @ thinking it's split. Let's not try to make it sound like it's even. The Cubs are the more popular baseball team, and it isn't even close.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

So, at the end of the Blackhawks dominance, the Bears were bigger? Truth is, it depends who's winning. Except for the Sox, quite frankly.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
DePaul's women's Soccer team is consistently in the top 80.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Bears are always going to be the top dog in Chicago. Even Patrick Kane has said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
BigAl, grew up on the North side of Chicago in the Rogers Park neighborhood. BigAl had to avoid the Howard street Black Disciples, P Stones, and Latin Kings, ect.....I cheer for the Bears (I'm a Shoopter fan) but come from the city. You guys are wrong. I witnessed the Cubs Championship and there will never be anything like it. My advice, give up on Mike Ditka, Dan Hampton, Mike Singneltarry, Otis Wilson, ect............It's sad how some of you Bear fans still stick to the 85 Defense. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
And you guys can stick with some more "red bars". I enjoy them!!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We get that you want this to be your "thing" here at our CCS...but it's not for you. You're weird. And that's okay but your posting is embarrassing. Just logout and try again somewhere else man.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
We get that you want this to be your "thing" here at our CCS...but it's not for you. You're weird. And that's okay but your posting is embarrassing. Just logout and try again somewhere else man.

It still won't make ya famous.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I guess you guys can all jerk off to the ":Superbowl Shuffle" then. Yeah the Bulls dominated in the 90's, the White Sox won a World Series, the Blackhawks won several seasons and the Cubs. It's 1985 guys!! Get over it. And I consider myself a better Bears fan than most of you because I am actually from Chicago!!!!

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
So, at the end of the Blackhawks dominance, the Bears were bigger? Truth is, it depends who's winning. Except for the Sox, quite frankly.

That's what I'm saying though. The Blackhawks were at the height of their dominance after just winning their 3rd Stanley Cup, and the Bears heading to training camp was still bigger news.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Living in the city of Chicago makes me a better Bear fan. Of course, I witnessed (as a youngster) the Bulls legendary 6-peat in the 90's. I cheered Lovie Smith and Rex Grsossman. I watched Devon Hester run it back in the Superbowl! I love baseball more than football. It's true. But it still makes me a real Bears fan!!

A REAL Bear fan would know how to spell Devin Hester.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I get you are all die hard Bear fans. I love the Bears and predicting a win Sunday night over the Rams. However, 3 million (the 10th largest gathering in human history) showed up for the Cubs parade. I was a 3 time Little League and Babe Ruth League all-star. You guys think that there is a huge rivalry between the Cubs/White Sox. It's kinda not true. It's more of a media thing.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:

3. Living in the city limits does not make you a better fan, person or poster. Pointing it out ad nauseam does make you kind of a jackass, but I ain't here to judge.

I do apologize for posting that offensive link. I guess I got the wrong crowd here.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Lol at this thread. Cubs, Blackhawks, 85 Bears :cubspalm:. Did anyone happen to forget about the best modern sports competitor of all time named Michael Jordan and the 1996 Bulls. To compare any of those other teams (in talent) is blasphemy Fuck the Cubs championship, it was one big party in the 90's with MJ.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I apologize as this post is going to be about cross sports. I'm speaking of a life long Chicago resident and fan. The 1985 Bears Superbowl was a wonderful thing. Mike Ditka and crew owned the city for a long time. But the truth is, when the 2016 Cubs won the WS, they owned the city. 3 million came out for the Cubs Championship parade. I'm not a troll or a "Negative Nancy". I'm just putting things in prescriptive. I predict a Bears win Sunday night. 28-24.........!!!!!
Were you really into the 2016 Cubs? Watching every game and such? Risky endeavour, and glad you experienced it.

To most of the nation, there was nothing special about the 2016 Cubs except the rarity of the Cubs being in or winning the WS. It was more of a catharsis. Even the fans I knew didn't talk about the individual players. And the Nation, and even most Chicago sports fans, have already forgotten about them. In contrast, 30 years later people still smile and gush about the 85 Bears.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The only thing I can appreciate about the Cubs is their decision last year to pay homage to the 1919 Black Sox and throw those play in games last year.