1985 Bears Not The Greatest Chicago Sports Team............

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
2005 White Sox > 2016 Cubs.

grab-2016-10-25-08h07m43s151.png

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP disliked for being a Cubs fan and thinking Cubs > White Sox and Cubs > Bears

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Bullshit
Jordans bulls were the greatest chicago sports team and the blackhawks are a distant second

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Bullshit
Jordans bulls were the greatest chicago sports team and the blackhawks are a distant second

This guy gets it. And what exactly do you mean by greatest OP, are we talking single season here or longevity.

I think 96 Bulls and 85 Bears are about as close as it gets comparing singular seasons.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather watch 1 Bears game than 5 Bulls games.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I saw Michael Jordan when I was a kid at the old Chicago Stadium. I never forget it. I also went to that infamous fog game with the Bears versus the Eagles. You could barely see anything!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I mean as fans when to we stop talking about the 85 Bears?? I think enough is enough and I'm sure the current Bear players are tired of hearing about it. I am not trolling either. Just speaking my (not well liked) opinion.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I saw Michael Jordan when I was a kid at the old Chicago Stadium. I never forget it. I also went to that infamous fog game with the Bears versus the Eagles. You could barely see anything!!

What a true waste of a day that was lol.
Yeah, we're going to the game! .... I can't see shit!
I went to the Lakers rally in the summer of 85, after they beat Celtics. Me and a friend went to wait at city hall. We waited..as more people came as the parade ended. More pushing, more shoving, more crowding. I eventually ended up behind a tree on the city hall lawn, and couldn't see shit.
I did get Jim Hill's autograph though,before it started.
My friend was getting crushed at the front. He was pulled over by security and was on the steps to the side of the rally.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I mean as fans when to we stop talking about the 85 Bears?? I think enough is enough and I'm sure the current Bear players are tired of hearing about it. I am not trolling either. Just speaking my (not well liked) opinion.

Don't you see? When Chicago does it,they do it it big!
One season,greatest defense ever!
One game, 73-0. One series, with 100 years of foreplay!
Greatest b-ball player ever!
That's the Chicago way.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
“Everything before the word but is horse shit”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you were obviously too young to appreciate the 85 team. Today's version of the Bears winning a Super Bowl would be great but it will never erase 85 for those of us who lived it, nor should it. It was a rich part of Bears history. I can understand those too young to have experienced the 85 Bears tired of hearing about it. Though shit. In this country we often remember major events (Dec 7, landing on the Moon, etc..). For Bears fans, of a certain age, this was our major event. Had the 2006 team won the SB it still wouldn't have eclipsed 1985. Would it have been great? Hell yeah! But there was just an energy in the city and across the nation around the 85 Bears. I would think that 1985 created more Bears fans across the country/world than any other time. No question about it. You can't erase history.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to sift through 5 pages of this digital abortion, but have y’all just completely forgotten about the ‘90s Bulls, who literally would’ve won every single title of the decade if The Greatest hadn’t decided to retire twice? THAT, my friends, is the greatest Chicago team of all time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to sift through 5 pages of this digital abortion, but have y’all just completely forgotten about the ‘90s Bulls, who literally would’ve won every single title of the decade if The Greatest hadn’t decided to retire twice? THAT, my friends, is the greatest Chicago team of all time.

should be an asterisk by the Warriors 73-9, they did it in a pretty sad era of basketball. if there was a channel that played 80s and 90s games in real time, I'd be all in. it's just not the same now.

the 80s Bears should've had a dynasty like the 90s Bulls. that's a cast of characters you'll never see duplicated on an NFL team again. it's too bad I wasn't born like 10 years sooner, I could've lived that lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bullshit

Greatest Chicago dynasty yeah. Jordan did make basketball global, that's for damn sure. I don't think the Bulls had the following outside of Chicago though, not that I remember anyway. Like I said though, none of the teams ever seem to be winning at the same time, so this is fruitless to compare. We love whichever team is winning something for the city. Whoever is winning tends to be the biggest in that moment.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Greatest Chicago dynasty yeah. Jordan did make basketball global, that's for damn sure. I don't think the Bulls had the following outside of Chicago though, not that I remember anyway. Like I said though, none of the teams ever seem to be winning at the same time, so this is fruitless to compare. We love whichever team is winning something for the city. Whoever is winning tends to be the biggest in that moment.

Jordan was one of the most recognizable faces on the planet and I'm sure he still is. There were a lot of non Chicago Bulls fans strictly because of Jordan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foreign travel convos went from Chicago? Al Capone to Chicago? Michael Jordan. :hi5:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also went to that infamous fog game with the Bears versus the Eagles. You could barely see anything!!

Are you sure you were actually there and not just watching it in Bear Pride's basement?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could argue that there were 6 Bulls teams that were better than the 85 Bears