Trey Burton says anxiety has prevented him from throwing the football

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Burton is a TE. Im much more concerned about whats been preventing our starting QB from throwing the football.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
He was on the score a week or 2 ago on that Bears all access show with Thayer and Joniak talking about his anxiety issues. Said he has always had bad anxiety going all the way back to high school. Makes you wonder if he can handle being the number 1 option at tight end. Though he did talk about how it's gotten better and this was after his game with a drop and fumble and how that would have had him in a bad place in the past but he can now deal with it. Paraphrasing of course.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
i have anxiety that Burton has anxiety

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It takes an incredibly tremendous amount of mental fortitude to make it to the NFL alone, let alone have a multi-year successful time of it. Add that to the off-the-field discipline of mind, the temptations, the sudden influx of a huge amount of money. I think Burton is doing just fine managing the mental aspects of being a major piece of a good NFL offense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
A lot of these guys are narcissists that truly believe they deserve all the money and fame they get from playing a game, like they're chosen ones or something. I'm sure there are guys like Burton, who are more humble, and struggle with the magnitude of things. I'd rather play with guys like Burton that have moments of anxiety and keep themselves grounded. Obviously, it doesn't consume him because he's been a warrior for us this year. I'm glad he's on the team. Good signing by Pace.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I have anxiety too. Like if I was Cody Parkey on that night he hit the upright 4 times, something like that would put me into a depressive state. So I sympathize with Burton.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suck it up buttercup. You're getting paid millions to play a children's game. I wish I could just be excused from my job responsibilities because I get nervous.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You remembered to breathe yesterday, Dez. Good for you, bro!

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:
Suck it up buttercup. You're getting paid millions to play a children's game. I wish I could just be excused from my job responsibilities because I get nervous.

You can. It's a mental illness and if you had serious issues that prevented you from doing your job safely or properly there are alternatives.

I also wish I got paid millions to play football but I dont and he does. That doesnt change the fact that it's his career and he is provided with the same support anyone else is.

Should Cutler have just "sucked it up" and not been diabetic?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can. It's a mental illness and if you had serious issues that prevented you from doing your job safely or properly there are alternatives.

I also wish I got paid millions to play football but I dont and he does. That doesnt change the fact that it's his career and he is provided with the same support anyone else is.

Should Cutler have just "sucked it up" and not been diabetic?

Did Cutler ever use his diabetes as an excuse to not do his job though?

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:
Did Cutler ever use his diabetes as an excuse to not do his job though?

He is basically saying he is not comfortable throwing the ball... he isnt a QB. I'm happy he isnt going out there and trying to do it anyways.

TE not comfortable throwing football, more at 11