Patrick Mahomes

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strongly disagree. Watson was clearly better and still is. Mahomes was a wild card but has shown he's also in a higher class than Trubisky by far. Nothing wrong with the third best QB in a class that looks to have two superstars and one solid, potentially above average QB.

I'd mostly agree, MT may end up being just average, but could end up being better, next year will be telling.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It was a roll of the dice, Watson, Mahomes or MT. MT was considered to be a QB in need of time because of limited college experience. Despite what some think MT is still growing and will be better next year. Nagy has said it takes 3 years to completely learn his offense.
Watson seemed to be the obvious choice with Mahomes the biggest question mark.

Is Watson at his ceiling now, maybe. Mahomes looks lights out now, next year will be telling as to how these three rank.

I love me some Tru, I really do and think he's gonna be a hell of a QB! I don't blame the Bears for not pickin Mahomes, not too many people saw this coming! Mahomes is on a whole nother level!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you. Pace's job was not to pick a good QB but to pick the the best QB available. In all likelihood he failed and put this franchise behind in the process.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Strongly disagree. Watson was clearly better and still is. Mahomes was a wild card but has shown he's also in a higher class than Trubisky by far. Nothing wrong with the third best QB in a class that looks to have two superstars and one solid, potentially above average QB.

Watson is not a better QB and the stats show it which you like to ignore all the sudden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you see his fumble terrible. Should have been a touchdown on that drive and that caused the field goal.

everybody makes mistakes, even the great Joe Montana did!

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL, bookmarked for next year's necroing.

Its almost like people forget every single year that players are usually brought back down to earth once there is a year of film on them in that offense. If he pulls out another stellar season in 2019 I'll go ahead and crown him.

far enough!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson is not a better QB and the stats show it which you like to ignore all the sudden.

I've told you before, if you think stats are the sole measure of QBs, there is no debate. Simply log on to ESPN.com and they'll list the best QBs 1-32. Enjoy yourself at Matt Stafford's HOF induction.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Mahomes no look pass, in a tight window, against a top defense, was ridiculous.. Dude is a fuckin stud.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Mahomes no look pass, in a tight window, against a top defense, was ridiculous.. Dude is a fuckin stud.
I had convinced myself he was the second coming of Jay Cutler and wanted to stay clear. How wrong I was.

Dude is a machine.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I've told you before, if you think stats are the sole measure of QBs, there is no debate. Simply log on to ESPN.com and they'll list the best QBs 1-32. Enjoy yourself at Matt Stafford's HOF induction.

So rather than let stats objectively help you form your own opinion you let ESPN tell you who is best. Great way to go through life.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So rather than let stats objectively help you form your own opinion you let ESPN tell you who is best. Great way to go through life.

Goodness me. You're missing the point to a jaw dropping degree.

What I'm saying is that if you think stats are the sole measure of QBs, you can simply look them up on any website and render all debate redundant.

In other words, stop looking at stats and start watching players play. Trubisky is the third best football player of the drafted QBs in 2017, and not many impartial people would disagree with that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Watson has the better rating than Trubisky anyway. Also ranked much higher by PFF.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Goodness me. You're missing the point to a jaw dropping degree.

What I'm saying is that if you think stats are the sole measure of QBs, you can simply look them up on any website and render all debate redundant.

In other words, stop looking at stats and start watching players play. Trubisky is the third best football player of the drafted QBs in 2017, and not many impartial people would disagree with that.

To completely ignore stats is stupid the same way it is to completely ignore the eye test. Mitch is not inferior in either the eye test or statistical part of the game.

Joeyo_pr

Liked Posts:
Yes, Mahomes seems to be the best QB by far in that draft. But let's be honest, 99% of the GMs wouldn't have picked him as the 1st QB off the board. You can't fault Pace for that pick. Most people/experts were between Trubs and Watson.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
God damn did we miss out on a on once in a life quarterback!

I'm not hating on Tru, But damn it, we really screwed the pooch!
So. Missed out six times on maybe the best quarterback ever in Tom Brady.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk