Patrick Mahomes

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
God damn did we miss out on a on once in a life quarterback!

I'm not hating on Tru, But damn it, we really screwed the pooch!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you for your honesty. Admitting this doesn't make someone less of a Bears fan. There's little chance that Trubisky will catch Mahomes outside of a serious injury.

Like I say, Mahomes is a star QB from 30 years in the future. Might be a once in a generation player.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, bookmarked for next year's necroing.

Its almost like people forget every single year that players are usually brought back down to earth once there is a year of film on them in that offense. If he pulls out another stellar season in 2019 I'll go ahead and crown him.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Did you see his fumble terrible. Should have been a touchdown on that drive and that caused the field goal.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, bookmarked for next year's necroing.

Its almost like people forget every single year that players are usually brought back down to earth once there is a year of film on them in that offense. If he pulls out another stellar season in 2019 I'll go ahead and crown him.

So does that theory apply to Trubisky & Nagy? Should we expect declining numbers in their 2nd year together after the film is out?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So does that theory apply to Trubisky & Nagy? Should we expect declining numbers in their 2nd year together after the film is out?

Yes. I always expect quarterbacks going into the 2nd year of the offense to have a harder time replicating a first season's success. I would definitely be wary of the Bears' prospects next season.

Mind you I've never called anything a certainty. Its just a trend that has stood the test of time in the NFL.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Doubt it, as Mitch is getting better with the more film out there on him. That's what I love about him over the others, as he didn't peak right away. He's worked up to it, where as Mahomes and Watson only have one place to go...down.

I forget though, what exactly has Mahomes won that makes him this elite QB thus far?

Watching the Eagles and remembering so many were saying the same things about Wentz a few years back and he looks pretty terrible these days.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. I always expect quarterbacks going into the 2nd year of the offense to have a harder time replicating a first season's success. I would definitely be wary of the Bears' prospects next season.

Mind you I've never called anything a certainty. Its just a trend that has stood the test of time in the NFL.

Okay. I can't really argue with your consistency. Fair enough.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doubt it, as Mitch is getting better with the more film out there on him. That's what I love about him over the others, as he didn't peak right away. He's worked up to it, where as Mahomes and Watson only have one place to go...down.

I forget though, what exactly has Mahomes won that makes him this elite QB thus far?

Watching the Eagles and remembering so many were saying the same things about Wentz a few years back and he looks pretty terrible these days.

Lets please not try to sour on Mahomes like we did with Watson. I have no problem saying that Mahomes has been playing like one of the best quarterbacks this year. Clearly Mahomes and the Chiefs have not won anything but its impossible to ignore what the kid has done. He was firing off at a record setting pace.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Pretty fantastic numbers for sure.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I see this kid putting up 30 int's next year,takes to many chances...that shit runs out eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I love how the “weak” qb class is looking like one of the best qbs classes in awhile. We might not have the best of that qb class but We still get a potential top ten qb in the league . I will take that over the trash starters I’ve seen in my lifetime

Also it’s easy saying these things in hindsight. I didn’t think mahommes would be any better then cutler. I love what I see from the kid so far. And yes I was a Watson guy and love watching him play. I still think trubisky can be that franchise qb as long as the coach doesn’t continue resting him for no reason

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see this kid putting up 30 int's next year,takes to many chances...that shit runs out eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still like it. His arm talent will have him win most of those. Helps to be in the right place at the right time but there's no denying his current elevated play.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Meh, technically the Bears missed out on every good player that went past them in Round 1 every year. We missed out on Tom Brady six times.

There were 8 other teams that also decided they didn’t want Patrick Mahomes. The past is the past—I don’t beat up the Bears over it. All the info available at the time showed Trubisky had the best upside. I can’t fault Pace for going with him.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So they got the win instead of getting the win. Thanks for making that clear.

Mitch does this u know he is getting crap for it no matter the outcome. But patty mahomes did it, so it will be forgotten.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mahomes is infinitely better than Trubisky. Anyone who denies it is delusional.

Trubisky is the third best QB from his class. That doesn't mean he isn't good and can't get better.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All the info available at the time showed Trubisky had the best upside.

Strongly disagree. Watson was clearly better and still is. Mahomes was a wild card but has shown he's also in a higher class than Trubisky by far. Nothing wrong with the third best QB in a class that looks to have two superstars and one solid, potentially above average QB.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
God damn did we miss out on a on once in a life quarterback!

I'm not hating on Tru, But damn it, we really screwed the pooch!

It was a roll of the dice, Watson, Mahomes or MT. MT was considered to be a QB in need of time because of limited college experience. Despite what some think MT is still growing and will be better next year. Nagy has said it takes 3 years to completely learn his offense.
Watson seemed to be the obvious choice with Mahomes the biggest question mark.

Is Watson at his ceiling now, maybe. Mahomes looks lights out now, next year will be telling as to how these three rank.