Elite defense

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somewhere between watching Criminal Minds and actually being an FBI agent Peanut is standing proud

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was the best complete game defensively I have seen from Chicago this year. Everything was working.

We didn't really struggle in the 4th quarter like we had a few times earlier this year. It seemed like we were either getting gassed or were letting off the gas when we had a lead. Being up 9 starting the 4th quarter I really feared that this would happen again but we continued to pressure Goff and our ball hawking was just as crisp.

This looked like a team that has complete confidence in what they could do. I was amazed and how clean a game it was. I am not even sure we had a defensive penalty in that game. There were no back breaking defensive screw-ups, no pass interference, no roughing the passer, no jumping into the neutral zone at the worst possible time. Nothing was self inflicted.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The guy was such a ball hawk he could play almost anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sans the Punch...Jackson's play reminds me a lot of Tillman's back in the day. sure tackler, always around the ball, has great closing speed, & can take it to the house.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Sans the Punch...Jackson's play reminds me a lot of Tillman's back in the day. sure tackler, always around the ball, has great closing speed, & can take it to the house.
Jackson is a beast!

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Jackson is great. But Kyle Fuller is the beat CB in the league. This defense is special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This defense is good but know where near the 85' defense.

Just some food for thought. The 85 team got lit up by a Dolphins offense that was as close to what we see today than anything seen in 1985. This defense is doing this at a time in the NFL were most offenses like to spread out the defense and rack up points with a lot of help from the rules set up to help the offenses. I think a more fair comparison would be `06. If we can put 4 quarters of defense like that game in and game out this team will make a case for being even better than that defense.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Just some food for thought. The 85 team got lit up by a Dolphins offense that was as close to what we see today than anything seen in 1985. This defense is doing this at a time in the NFL were most offenses like to spread out the defense and rack up points with a lot of help from the rules set up to help the offenses. I think a more fair comparison would be `06. If we can put 4 quarters of defense like that game in and game out this team will make a case for being even better than that defense.
This defense got beat badly by a weak Miami and Giants team on the road. The 85 Bears D is considered by many ( not only Bears fans) to be the best defense ever. Comparing this defense to the great ever is comical. Let's see how this defense can hold up on the road against a good team and then we can make comparisons to other Bears defenses.