Running Game Has Arrived

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They played a great game tonight

Now we just gotta get Mitch back to where he has been against "Lesser" opponents

Then the O will have arrived

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Rams don't have a good run defense, so I'm not sure this kind of thing continues. However, the Lions also had a trash run defense, and the Bears couldn't do squat against them on the ground in either game.

It's definitely a good thing to see, because you're going to need to be able to run the ball in the cold playing in CHI to have a chance of winning in the playoffs unless you've got a HOF QB.

I wish Nagy wouldn't have subbed Howard out as much as he did while he had it going, because Cohen, for as many crazy runs as he can have, is infuriating if all you want is a couple of yards to move the chains on a 2nd or 3rd and short. His tendency to run sideways drives me insane.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
only thing I can say to any "lurking" RAMs fans is

KekKekKekKek

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess beating the Best Team in football previously isn't enough for the "Realists" here
KekKekKek

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The run game was very solid tonight.

LA isn't a great team against the rush but they aren't terrible. They are middle of the road, and we dominated the line. Cohen and Howard were the two headed beast that we were expecting this year. I'm glad to finally see that happen.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The run game was very solid tonight.

LA isn't a great team against the rush but they aren't terrible. They are middle of the road, and we dominated the line. Cohen and Howard were the two headed beast that we were expecting this year. I'm glad to finally see that happen.

II dont know how they can be so average at the run with their line. I guess their linebackers truly suck

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
II dont know how they can be so average at the run with their line. I guess their linebackers truly suck

I don't know. I think that some of it might be the linebackers, they aren't that great. Maybe it is because they are in pass rush mode most of the time. The Rams do score a lot which means teams have to respond by scoring. Maybe the defense plays well generally but gives up a big run or two per game since they expect pass all the time. A team will pop a couple of 20 plus yarders because the Rams are in full rush mode and they aren't expecting a run at that time.

Just a guess.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't know. I think that some of it might be the linebackers, they aren't that great. Maybe it is because they are in pass rush mode most of the time. The Rams do score a lot which means teams have to respond by scoring. Maybe the defense plays well generally but gives up a big run or two per game since they expect pass all the time. A team will pop a couple of 20 plus yarders because the Rams are in full rush mode and they aren't expecting a run at that time.

Just a guess.

They really do over pursue. It seemed like Howard was running past either Suh or Donald to get to the 2nd level.

I tend to think that they went more run heavy because Mitch's shoulder ain't right yet. And they focused more on the running game in practice reps this past week.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
They really do over pursue. It seemed like Howard was running past either Suh or Donald to get to the 2nd level.

I tend to think that they went more run heavy because Mitch's shoulder ain't right yet. And they focused more on the running game in practice reps this past week.
Well they should continue that then

mecha

Liked Posts:
go back to last year with Trubisky when he was passing 10 times a game, 15 on a big day, that wasn't going to make him grow as a player. same thing with Howard, Nagy's abandonment of the run game where he's getting like 12 or 13 touches isn't going to make the run game work. I'm not even talking about stats either, I'm talking about the times the runs go for almost no gain and are effectively wasted downs. Trubisky's still getting first downs despite this, so it's not like he's no slouch as a passer... but I think this was probably the first game all year where they were committed to running the ball and it worked.

Cohen's got some flash too, but I think he's been overused. I'd hate to see that dude get hurt. it's why I don't hold running out of bounds against him, and I think we all collectively understand that too.