Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is a lot of confidence in the Bears for sure. You rarely see the line that high, especially for a division game.

Personally, I don't care if we win by 3 or win by 40. Well, that's not true. It would be FUCKING HILARIOUS if we won by 40 but I want to clinch the division, at home, beating Green Bay.

God that would be satisfying.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I want to fucking destroy the Packers. I want to fucking humiliate them.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers can eat a bag of dicks next week. In public this time that is. :smug2:

Sad to say my friend's birthday is on the GB game day and she's a cheesehead...a nice one, but still from WI. Too bad for her I hope.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Pack D playing poorly against the run. Bears run game looks rejuvenated. Howard could have his biggest game of the season this week.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
I want to fucking destroy the Packers. I want to fucking humiliate them.

This!

Nagy and the Bears need a statement game next week against the packers. Would like to just set the tone for this rivalry games for the next decade or so.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If I were truly betting on this, I'd take the Packers and the points, knowing that a favored Bears team almost never beats the Packers straight-up, let alone covers, whether at home or not.

Being a fan and having orange-colored glasses, though, I think the Packers are getting this Bears defense at a time they don't want them, and I think this offense is going to play better in the next couple of weeks than they did the last couple of weeks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This!

Nagy and the Bears need a statement game next week against the packers. Would like to just set the tone for this rivalry games for the next decade or so.

In the same way Nagy just decided to give Trubisky a day against the Bucs (you could tell he had really earmarked that game as a Mitch-centric game, come hell or high water), I hope Nagy decides this Packers game is the time to pull back out the spreadsheet and air raid this defense.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Well with Mitch throwing interceptions & his sore arm amplifying his over throws... the run games success the last couple games will need to step up and continue.
#1 Defense or not history has shown that the Bears can not stop Rodgers from putting up points & thereby pressuring the O to do so as well.

I am fairly certain if someone cut off Rodgers throwing thumb he'd learn to throw left handed & still chuck TDs on the Bears.
Until the Bears prove otherwise I expect the Pack to move the ball & at the end of the game throw up a few TDs to Adams & company.

I would love to see the Bears D dominate like it did week 1 in the first half. Only for the entire game though.

Even in a dominate D game the offense needs to score consistently. And if Mitch can't stop the overthrows or keep ball security then the run game needs to continue to flow taking it out of his hands. I'm down on Mitch at the moment but I still have faith he can grow and fix his issues just not this season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Well with Mitch throwing interceptions & his sore arm amplifying his over throws... the run games success the last couple games will need to step up and continue.
#1 Defense or not history has shown that the Bears can not stop Rodgers from putting up points & thereby pressuring the O to do so as well.

I am fairly certain if someone cut off Rodgers throwing thumb he'd learn to throw left handed & still chuck TDs on the Bears.
Until the Bears prove otherwise I expect the Pack to move the ball & at the end of the game throw up a few TDs to Adams & company.

I would love to see the Bears D dominate like it did week 1 in the first half. Only for the entire game though.

Even in a dominate D game the offense needs to score consistently. And if Mitch can't stop the overthrows or keep ball security then the run game needs to continue to flow taking it out of his hands. I'm down on Mitch at the moment but I still have faith he can grow and fix his issues just not this season.

this is actually not true at all. those Rod Marinelli defenses could keep Rodgers from putting up points, it was the stone age Cutler-led offenses that couldn't make use of those opportunities to outscore them. (feel free to make any arguments about this you so choose)

Packers deserve to have bags of salt poured upon their beaten carcasses. KEK! #FTP

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand the apprehension we all have when we play the Packers. Every year we see these guys come in and just make us look stupid. It seems like no matter what we do we end up getting our asses handed to us.

It's frustrating. Hell we couldn't even beat Todd Fucking Hundley last year.

But this is a new group of players here now. We are at home and this bunch has to still be pissed off over losing the first time to Green Bay. I just don't see the Bears, short of being really stupid, losing this game. This will be a grudge game for the Bears. Nothing would make these guys happier than to knock Green Bay completely out of the playoffs and they have a chance to do it, at home.

I think that if this was against any other team this could be a trap game. Coming off of a win against the division leader could create a letdown for a lot of teams. But going up against the Packers, a team that has tormented the Bears for decades will be a helluva motivator. I just don't see them letting up here. I worry more about a letup against San Fran than I do against Green Bay.