This is the Bears year

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
If Long comes back, we may have all of our starters for the playoffs, which is unbelievable. The team has finally shown they can beat a top team. The team has fewer resources than any other the next few offseasons. We had and have a soft schedule to help with seeding.

This is the teams year if they can do it with the current group. All in.

Bear Down.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I hope so. We can compete with anyone.

swz01

Liked Posts:
The good thing is our weaknesses can be addressed with the resources we have. Good interior OL depth and even solid starters can be had in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds. I think the #1 goal of this offseason should be to focus on the interior OL to run the ball more between the tackles next year. Secondary goal is work the cap to keep the D together.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If by "The Bears year" you mean a division title and a playoff then yes. If you're talking Super Bowl title I don't see it this year. This offense is really starting to concern me. Ive been a Trubs supporter but he was absolutely painful to watch today. I know he's coming of the injury but holy shit he stunk up the joint today. The two weeks he missed were a setback for him.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows?

Could the Bears ride this defense to the Superbowl? Other teams have. Mitch does run hot and cold but if he gets hot at the right time and strings together some good games then this team would be really, really hard to beat. He doesn't have to be outstanding, just decent and we have a shot of winning it all.

Short of a major injury we aren't going to be an easy team to beat, at home or on the road. We have, right now, the second highest margin of victory in the NFL. We have given up the third fewest points. And as weird as our offense has played at times this year there are only five teams in the NFL that have scored more points than us. In essence we are the most balanced team in the NFL.

I think the pundits are going to start really getting on the Bears bandwagon as the playoffs loom. This win is the kind of thing that propels teams into the upper echelon.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with the Ravens and was subsequently cut by the team the immediate season after. (stating facts)

this Bears defense may not be the 2000 Ravens, but they're pretty good and have demonstrated they can hang with anyone. balls bounce differently in 3 different scenarios the Bears are probably challenging for the #1 seed, but oh well.

Trubisky even on his worst day (which may have been this most recent game, I don't count season 1 cause he was barely a passer) is better than Dilfer was on his best. you can argue about the difference of eras too, I'll chalk this up to rust and him not being at absolute 100%. the defense at least showed up enough to minimize the mistakes of the interceptions, the Rams didn't score a single touchdown. oh and most importantly, they played 4 quarters despite all those interceptions.