What it means....... Mitchell Trubisky by the NUMBERS........

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
First of all, let me say that of course I am pulling for Trubs…. and yes, the win last night was outstanding! This post is not to rain on the parade but to take an objective look at what we are doing well versus what can hurt us as we move forward. What is our goal after-all?? The goal is to make the playoffs, advance in the playoffs and then win a Super Bowl. Period. The whole enchilada. So in looking at this team with respect to winning it all, you have to look at strengths.... and yes, weaknesses.

The bottom line is the team will take us as far as this defense takes us.... which means, we cannot turn the ball over with regularity because what does that do? Turning the ball over puts a defense in a situation to lose... giving the D short fields to defend... tiring out the D... etc., etc.

We have seen that movie playout too much to not know how it ends.

Here are the NUMBERS for Trubs: He has 21 TD's versus 12 interceptions. That means that for every 2 touchdown passes he throws, he throws 1 interception. 2 for 1. That is an unmitigated recipe for disaster. Trubs must get that corrected and he must do so in a hurry!!

Moreover, Trubs' inability to consistently throw the deep ball is a major problem that teams can exploit come playoff time.

Here are his NUMBERS: On passes traveling 16 or more yards in the air this season, Trubisky ranks 26th in passer rating (68.4) and 27th in Total QBR (56.6), with more interceptions (seven) than touchdowns (six). His deep passing numbers are abysmal. Come playoff time teams with ratchet up the pressure, cheat up and dare him to beat them deep. He has to hit that deep ball.... he has to make them pay for cheating up and he also has to hit the deep ball to keep the opposing D honest.

Fan boys commence with the hate and name calling.....

Reasonable, objective, non-mouth breathing fans.... what say you? Do you see this as a potential problem as we move forward? Or I am worried too much? Have the days of the Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler and how they killed us with the turnover jaded me too much?

As Bear fans.... WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR TRUBS..... but he simply has to get these problems corrected if we are going have a meaningful post-season.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I just want to win. I see no reason to be overbearing with Trubisky. His best asset is running and during the playoffs they can run him with reckless abandon. Again, I'm not hoping the guy gets injured, but I don't see why we would hold back on running him because he's a below average passer.

When we make the playoffs, run the shit outta him to win.

tenor.gif

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here are the NUMBERS for Trubs: He has 21 TD's versus 12 interceptions. That means that for every touchdown pass he throws, he throws 1 interception. 2 for 1. That is an unmitigated recipe for disaster. Trubs must get that corrected and he must do so in a hurry!!

If you are going to do the numbers make sure your numbers make sense..

msadows

Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco was meh in 2012. Threw for 11 TD's and 0 INT's in the playoffs.

Mitch is a better QB than Flacco. Anything can happen.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Here are the NUMBERS for Trubs: He has 21 TD's versus 12 interceptions. That means that for every 2 touchdown passes he throws, he throws 1 interception. 2 for 1. That is an unmitigated recipe for disaster. Trubs must get that corrected and he must do so in a hurry!!

Hey buddy, just blew in from stupid town?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Mitch has been up or down this year. He's had Peyton Manning performances and he's had Rex Grossman performances. However Mitch is still in development. One year as a starter in college and only in his second year as a pro. Still to early to pass judgement on right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2:1 TD:INT ratio is generally considered very solid for NFL QBs.

If he goes 2:1 in the playoffs we will win a lot of games, considering our defense can shut down a team after a pick.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope that it's just a matter of Trubisky needing more time, work, and to shake off the rust. But last night, he did what he's been doing all year... sailing passes. He has to get that under control.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I thought more interceptions than TDs was bad. Now it's more TDs than interceptions is bad?
Good thing Nagy doesn't call a lot of quick TDs or Trubisky would get blamed or tiring out the defense.

Bears fans just don't know how to be happy. Very likely have the best Bear QB ever. Deal with it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought more interceptions than TDs was bad. Now it's more TDs than interceptions is bad?
Good thing Nagy doesn't call a lot of quick TDs or Trubisky would get blamed or tiring out the defense.

Bears fans just don't know how to be happy. Very likely have the best Bear QB ever. Deal with it.

TDs and INTs being equal means that for every TD thrown, 2 INTS will occur.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
TDs and INTs being equal means that for every TD thrown, 2 INTS will occur.

Calm down. Cutler is gone.

He has 21 TD's versus 12 interceptions. That means that for every 2 touchdown passes he throws, he throws 1 interception.

For every 2 TDs thrown there's an interception following.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And with this defense would could actually deal with Bret Favre breaking interception records. The sky is not falling.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky probably can't have a multiple INT game in the playoffs. He also needs to get the overthrows under control. Those first two go hand in hand.... If the Bears can run like they did yesterday with any regularity it may help the passing game down the field

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Favre records:
Regular season
Most pass interceptions, career: 336
Most interceptions, regular season, returned for touchdown by opposing team: 31
Most seasons, 15+ interceptions: 14
Post season
Most interceptions, post season, returned for touchdown by opposing team: 4 (tied with Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger)

His career TD to INT ratio is 508:336 or 1.5:1.

If you want to make omelets you need to break some eggs.
But thanks to all of the Nancies for proving what I said back then, if we had Favre like many wanted there'd still be whining.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
For every 2 touchdowns Trubs has thrown, he throws 1 interception. I don’t know how some of you guys believe that is good. Plain and simple that many turnovers will get us beat come playoff time.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
With this defense 2-1 ratio is good enough. If the defense has an off game he will need to play better.

The real concern is if he puts up another stinker like he did against the rams. That performance simply will not do. He has to be better.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
For every 2 touchdowns Trubs has thrown, he throws 1 interception. I don’t know how some of you guys believe that is good. Plain and simple that many turnovers will get us beat come playoff time.

Maybe you should compare to great ones before doing the Chicken Little impression to claim the sky is falling.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Rams scored 3 points off of his 3 picks last game.

You act like this defense gives up points off of every turnover.

In fact the Bears are on of the lowest points off turnovers against teams in the NFL.