Mitch run first

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald got flat out exposed and I will never think of him the same way I did before James Daniels and Cody Whitehair punked him around.
He was not exposed. More than half his sacks have come against double teams, nobody has seen more of them than him. He did have a QB hit and a few other hurries. Was still likely his worst game of the year but I don't think the Rams had a single player who had a good game...well, maybe the secondary but they were getting gifted.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He was not exposed. More than half his sacks have come against double teams, nobody has seen more of them than him. He did have a QB hit and a few other hurries. Was still likely his worst game of the year but I don't think the Rams had a single player who had a good game...well, maybe the secondary but they were getting gifted.

The Bears ran directly at him or trapped him and had by far their best rushing game of the season. They specifically attacked Aaron Donald and had great success doing so. There were plays too where they just allowed Donald to overpenetrate and he failed the read spectacularly.

Aaron Donald is still a great player but generational talent? Nah.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Khalil Mack > Aaron Donald and it’s not close. Sunday proved that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
If there was no fear of Mitch passing there would be no running lanes.

Otherwise he will be a more levelheaded Cam Newton without an MVP season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears ran directly at him or trapped him and had by far their best rushing game of the season. They specifically attacked Aaron Donald and had great success doing so. There were plays too where they just allowed Donald to overpenetrate and he failed the read spectacularly.

Aaron Donald is still a great player but generational talent? Nah.
Guess I've seen more of him than most here who likely have only seen this 1 game. He's a generational talent and a lock for his second DPOY in a row.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Bullshitt. The bears double and sometimes trippled Donald. He underperformed. Where was Suh? When Mack was taken out others made plays. Hell when Mack was doubled, he still had a sack strip. Give me mack and his outside presence, or ability to play De in a 3-4. They're both first ballot hof barring injury. Difference, Mack can 2 gap, play the wide 9, single gap, or play coverage. Mack changes the game. Donald takes plays off. Rewatch the game. Rams arent gonna wanna play the bears in the playoffs. Hell, they might have to go to soldier field if they keep playing this way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bullshitt. The bears double and sometimes trippled Donald. He underperformed. Where was Suh? When Mack was taken out others made plays. Hell when Mack was doubled, he still had a sack strip. Give me mack and his outside presence, or ability to play De in a 3-4. They're both first ballot hof barring injury. Difference, Mack can 2 gap, play the wide 9, single gap, or play coverage. Mack changes the game. Donald takes plays off. Rewatch the game. Rams arent gonna wanna play the bears in the playoffs. Hell, they might have to go to soldier field if they keep playing this way.
Donald's season is heads and shoulders above Mack's. It's not even close. We're talking his league leading 16.5 sacks to Mack's 10. His 16 QB hits to Mack's 4. His league leading 87 QB pressures to Mack's 50. Donald's league leading 20 tackles for loss to Mack's 7.

You people are ridiculously ignorant when it comes to football overall. Never judge a player by the tiny sample size you see and never judge a player by his best game or his worst game but rather the overall body of his work.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I do not care about stats.

I do care about watching rookie James Daniels blow the supposed DPOY off the ball for an entire game.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Physically speaking, he has all the potential in the world.

I think he is an intelligent guy and I love his attitude especially when you compare him to cutler and his apathy.

He has that it factor and is a winner in my opinion. His players and coach all love him and that should speak volumes!

He has accuracy issues but most of it is high and not left or right and that can be fixed or bettered.

I think given this is is his only second season and first full starter season with a real coaching staff and a complex system to boot.

His ceiling is as high as anyone and his Floor is pretty high too. He’s as poor a quarterback as he ever will be in his career right now and he’s above average for good quarterbacks right now. I can honesty say that he is the quarterback in the league that I want for the future on the bears out of any young qb. I think only maholmes is playing better than he is out of the whole lot of young talent and nobody even Maholmes himself could have forecasted his play this season. Good for him!

I honestly didn’t think he had the smarts to be this good but I was obviously wrong. That being said, I love our qb and believe in him and he will take us to the promise land at one point in his career.

And this is the Year baby!!!!!!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not care about stats.

I do care about watching rookie James Daniels blow the supposed DPOY off the ball for an entire game.
False perception. Didn't happen like that. For all the love Daniels has gotten from that game by fools, all his grades for the game were low from PFF, a 56 in run blocking and 61 in pass blocking. Also, for those at all familiar with what Donald does, he moves around the line. He was actually lined up by Daniels less than half the snaps. Remember, too, he only had 2 less qb pressures than Mack and also consider the fact Goff dropped back to pass about 16 more times than Trubisky. So many levels of fail in your perceptions, you can't be taken seriously.

Not only is Donald assured of winning his second consecutive DPOY but will likely wind up in the top 3 for MVP votes. Both he and Mack will go the HOF one day, but he's the one who will be regarded as the best ever at his position so, yeah, definitely a generational talent.

I'd like to get some responses from peeps who actually know a damn thing about football once in a while. That's a very tough task on this MB.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Physically speaking, he has all the potential in the world.

I think he is an intelligent guy and I love his attitude especially when you compare him to cutler and his apathy.

He has that it factor and is a winner in my opinion. His players and coach all love him and that should speak volumes!

He has accuracy issues but most of it is high and not left or right and that can be fixed or bettered.

I think given this is is his only second season and first full starter season with a real coaching staff and a complex system to boot.

His ceiling is as high as anyone and his Floor is pretty high too. He’s as poor a quarterback as he ever will be in his career right now and he’s above average for good quarterbacks right now. I can honesty say that he is the quarterback in the league that I want for the future on the bears out of any young qb. I think only maholmes is playing better than he is out of the whole lot of young talent and nobody even Maholmes himself could have forecasted his play this season. Good for him!

I honestly didn’t think he had the smarts to be this good but I was obviously wrong. That being said, I love our qb and believe in him and he will take us to the promise land at one point in his career.

And this is the Year baby!!!!!!
How many times have Bears' fans heard that in regards to their crappy QBs?

The only 2 things I can agree with out of that whole post, is he has a good attitude and accuracy issues. Everything else...very false perceptions.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Let me preface this by saying I’m the biggest Mitch supporter there is. When the bears were 3rd in the draft the main reason I didn’t want Watson was because in college he was a running QB and Mahomes was Cutler 2.0. Watching Mitch through the seasons I’ve been patient because of the John Fox staff and now learning a new system but now because of prime time I’m concerened that Mitch is a first read QB and run. Does anyone else feel the same??

And if you aren’t. How does he change this? I feel like Cam Newton is his ceiling at this point

With more exp in the system and continued maturity as a QB (Remember Mitch has not played QB as much as any of his peers who have come out in the past three seasons)... he can... and I believe will get better at his read progressions. Just as I'm not concerned about his tendency to over throw... something which can be coached out of him.

I'm actually happy that he's proven to be a mobile QB I didn't think he was... he avoids sacks... can scramble for 1st downs... and do what ever to keep drives going. My main concern with him... is downfield accuracy.... not to sure if that accuracy can be coached up.

I'm still happy with Mitch over Watson for the long term and after being a Grossman/Cutler supporter... I just couldn't put my support behind another 'gunslinger' QB... which is what I saw Mahomes as being. Playing in a similar offense in KC... I have no reason to believe that Mahomes wouldn't have the same success if he were a Bear. I actually didn't want a QB out of Trubs class to begin with and originally preferred to take one out of this year's class. Wither or not some of the top QBs of this year prove to be better than Trubs will be determined in years to come.... but I'm content as a fan with Trubs.

But.... no....Trubs is not a Cam Newton type QB. Also...he is proving to be a mobile QB... but i don't think he's necessarily a running QB...he's still a pass first QB.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
People seem to forget this is hist first year in a useful system and first season with nagy, who is known to be good with qbs. Let's give him a full season and off-season before we make any decisions on him.

His John fox season did more harm than good. So frankly he was WAY behind the 8 ball coming into this year. Not only did he have to learn a whole new system, he had to unlearn all the bullshit John fox's staff told him to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No, we didn't forget. We just don't buy that crap.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
As stated above, Mitch has issues with his mechanics. On the overthrows, his release point is too early and his foot work is off when he's throwing behind receivers. He also has a bad habit of making just one read. I love the kid and think he will figure it out. He has some intangibles that can't be coached. He has incredible pocket presence and has a desire to get better and put in the work.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
With more exp in the system and continued maturity as a QB (Remember Mitch has not played QB as much as any of his peers who have come out in the past three seasons)... he can... and I believe will get better at his read progressions. Just as I'm not concerned about his tendency to over throw... something which can be coached out of him.

I'm actually happy that he's proven to be a mobile QB I didn't think he was... he avoids sacks... can scramble for 1st downs... and do what ever to keep drives going. My main concern with him... is downfield accuracy.... not to sure if that accuracy can be coached up.

I'm still happy with Mitch over Watson for the long term and after being a Grossman/Cutler supporter... I just couldn't put my support behind another 'gunslinger' QB... which is what I saw Mahomes as being. Playing in a similar offense in KC... I have no reason to believe that Mahomes wouldn't have the same success if he were a Bear. I actually didn't want a QB out of Trubs class to begin with and originally preferred to take one out of this year's class. Wither or not some of the top QBs of this year prove to be better than Trubs will be determined in years to come.... but I'm content as a fan with Trubs.

But.... no....Trubs is not a Cam Newton type QB. Also...he is proving to be a mobile QB... but i don't think he's necessarily a running QB...he's still a pass first QB.
'nuff said

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let me preface this by saying I’m the biggest Mitch supporter there is. When the bears were 3rd in the draft the main reason I didn’t want Watson was because in college he was a running QB and Mahomes was Cutler 2.0. Watching Mitch through the seasons I’ve been patient because of the John Fox staff and now learning a new system but now because of prime time I’m concerened that Mitch is a first read QB and run. Does anyone else feel the same??

And if you aren’t. How does he change this? I feel like Cam Newton is his ceiling at this point

I will gladly take Cam as the ceiling for Mitch. He has won an MVP, played in a Super Bowl, and consistently makes the playoffs.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Moxy Mitch is going to be fine.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm only worried Missile Trubisky is first read and run because of our oline. If they give him time he looks much better. 2 years of this, how long before he gets used to it.