Mitch run first

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Let me preface this by saying I’m the biggest Mitch supporter there is. When the bears were 3rd in the draft the main reason I didn’t want Watson was because in college he was a running QB and Mahomes was Cutler 2.0. Watching Mitch through the seasons I’ve been patient because of the John Fox staff and now learning a new system but now because of prime time I’m concerened that Mitch is a first read QB and run. Does anyone else feel the same??

And if you aren’t. How does he change this? I feel like Cam Newton is his ceiling at this point

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No....he still has more to learn...I'd like to see a full year and another offseason in this system...there is a lot going on in this system and more to come.

Next year is a better indicator of his ceiling/direction.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I’m concerned because the overthrows have been an ongoing issue since well before the injury, going back to last year. He’s been throwing a football almost his whole life so I don’t think he can just change his mechanics after all these years. If that were the case, Tebow would’ve been able to change his.

Usually you just revert back to the throwing mechanics you are used to or comfortable with. Especially when under pressure. I really hope I’m wrong and next year he’s dropping pinpoint passes down the seam right between the linebacker and safety with ease.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m concerned because the overthrows have been an ongoing issue since well before the injury, going back to last year. He’s been throwing a football almost his whole life so I don’t think he can just change his mechanics after all these years. If that were the case, Tebow would’ve been able to change his.

Usually you just revert back to the throwing mechanics you are used to or comfortable with. Especially when under pressure. I really hope I’m wrong and next year he’s dropping pinpoint passes down the seam right between the linebacker and safety with ease.

In fact, all successful QBs get better mechanics after a couple years in the pros....it literally is one of the things they can get better at....

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mitsubishi Mitch gonna be just fine

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me preface this by saying I’m the biggest Mitch supporter there is. When the bears were 3rd in the draft the main reason I didn’t want Watson was because in college he was a running QB and Mahomes was Cutler 2.0. Watching Mitch through the seasons I’ve been patient because of the John Fox staff and now learning a new system but now because of prime time I’m concerened that Mitch is a first read QB and run. Does anyone else feel the same??

And if you aren’t. How does he change this? I feel like Cam Newton is his ceiling at this point
Have you seen his passing? He's the lowest rated Passer by PFF. Way better off if he runs.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Mahindra Mitch is going to be fine.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People seem to forget this is hist first year in a useful system and first season with nagy, who is known to be good with qbs. Let's give him a full season and off-season before we make any decisions on him.

His John fox season did more harm than good. So frankly he was WAY behind the 8 ball coming into this year. Not only did he have to learn a whole new system, he had to unlearn all the bullshit John fox's staff told him to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald and Suh were blowing up the pocket and their edge rushers were getting pressure too...

This is why a pass rush is so important...

Credit the defense, they were doing a good job of creating uncomfortable situations

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald got flat out exposed and I will never think of him the same way I did before James Daniels and Cody Whitehair punked him around.