Who the hell is getting the six seed in the NFC?

WHO MAKES IT?

• Vikings

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Panthers

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers

• Bucs

• Giants

• Lions

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Falcons

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
With three weeks to go who you got?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Giants and here's why:

Giants are hot and may win out. That would make them 8-8

Carolina won't do it, they can't win and play NO twice. NO will be desperately fighting for the 1 seed. That gives them 9 losses.

Eagles will lose to Rams and Texans. Giving them 9 losses.

Redskins probably won't win again. Giving them 10 losses.

Packers will lose this weekend giving them 8.5 losses.

Bucs will lose to the Ravens and cowboys giving them 10 losses.

Vikings will lose to us and Detroit (maybe even Miami too). Giving them 8.5 losses.

Thus, the Giants take it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It seems almost certain it’ll be either the Vikings or Eagles. I tend to think it’ll be the Vikings because, knowing Nagy, he doesn’t seem likely to play his starters the whole game the last game of the season @Minnesota. I think that win clinches the 6-seed for them and they play the Bears at Soldier the very next week.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I voted Vikings but I really do think it may be the Giants.

Carolina and Philadelphia have brutal schedules the rest of the way. LA and New Orleans are now extra motivated to not put themselves in a position to play a game in Chicago, so they are going to take the rest of their season quite seriously until they have that first-round bye sewed up.

Redskins are dead. Done in by the nightmare QB situation.

Tampa Bay sucks and you know what, I flat out do not believe that the Packers are going to come into Chicago and deny the Bears an NFC North clinching win.

So that leaves the Giants, who have two tough-but-winnable games against Tennessee and the Colts before a week 17 Cowboys matchup that may mean absolutely nothing to Dallas.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Carolina and Philadelphia have brutal schedules the rest of the way. LA and New Orleans are now extra motivated to not put themselves in a position to play a game in Chicago, so they are going to take the rest of their season quite seriously until they have that first-round bye sewed up.

Tampa Bay sucks and you know what, I flat out do not believe that the Packers are going to come into Chicago and deny the Bears an NFC North clinching win.

So that leaves the Giants, who have two tough-but-winnable games against Tennessee and the Colts before a week 17 Cowboys matchup that may mean absolutely nothing to Dallas.

Kudos to you for looking at the schedules and going all the way down the line to the fucking 5-win Giants.

Now that I do the same, holy shit, I don’t even think this is very far-fetched.

That would be a pretty damn good scenario for the Bears.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eagles

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No one seems to deserve it, that's for sure. Doesn't seem like any of them want it, either...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Kudos to you for looking at the schedules and going all the way down the line to the fucking 5-win Giants.

Now that I do the same, holy shit, I don’t even think this is very far-fetched.

That would be a pretty damn good scenario for the Bears.

The only real barrier I see is Minnesota winning against Detroit or Miami then the Bears having nothing to play for week 17 and resting everyone. Minnesota's half game lead on the 6-7 glut may be the difference.

Then again the Bears are going to play mad as hell next time they get a crack at Minnesota because the dirty hit on Mitch, so who knows maybe Nagy pulls a Coughlin and decides he's going to say hell with rest and go for the kill.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Giants play at Indy and the Cowboys yet. I doubt it's them.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Giants play at Indy and the Cowboys yet. I doubt it's them.

If the Bears beat GB and SF the Cowboys will probably have nothing to play for Week 17 and rest their guys.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If the Giants beat the Colts in Indy Week 16, then the Giants are in. If not, it's Vikings.

Week 17 Bears and Saints will play for 2nd Seed, knocking out Vikings and Panthers.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Dallas won’t have a meaningless Week 17 unless they lose at Indy. Otherwise they are able to pass us for the 3 seed.