Who the hell is getting the six seed in the NFC?

WHO MAKES IT?

• Vikings

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Panthers

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers

• Bucs

• Giants

• Lions

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Falcons

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Dallas won’t have a meaningless Week 17 unless they lose at Indy. Otherwise they are able to pass us for the 3 seed.

Yeah I think DAL has pretty much all the tie breakers with us, so they may well end up the #3 seed which would be huge. The 6th seed should be as easy as a win can get for the 3 seed, so hopefully that’s us, not DAL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If we are the 3 seed, I pray it is NYG at 6.

I can’t see them getting it, but will be happy if they do.

They are awful. They beat us w Chase at QB with a def score, a trick play TD and a fluke first half FG.

No way in hell they win in Chicago in the Wild Card round.

I believe the Vikes will be the 6 seed, as they have two soft opponents, then possibly the Bears’ second string.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think DAL has pretty much all the tie breakers with us, so they may well end up the #3 seed which would be huge. The 6th seed should be as easy as a win can get for the 3 seed, so hopefully that’s us, not DAL.

Well, the first is NA, the 2nd is a tie and they win the 3rd tiebreaker.

As much as it seems you want the 6, I don’t think Minnesota is a pushover. GB won’t be. Philly if they somehow get in is defending champs. They have been hot garbage but who knows?

I wouldn’t hate playing Seattle in Soldier Field.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I hope it's the Giants... Their fans were talking so much trash after our loss to them. I would love a rematch at home with Mitch back.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would also love to see the Giants in Chicago. Eli will not like the new air raid siren. It still blows my mind the Bears lost to them even with Daniel at QB.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I voted Vikings but I really do think it may be the Giants.

Carolina and Philadelphia have brutal schedules the rest of the way. LA and New Orleans are now extra motivated to not put themselves in a position to play a game in Chicago, so they are going to take the rest of their season quite seriously until they have that first-round bye sewed up.

Redskins are dead. Done in by the nightmare QB situation.

Tampa Bay sucks and you know what, I flat out do not believe that the Packers are going to come into Chicago and deny the Bears an NFC North clinching win.

So that leaves the Giants, who have two tough-but-winnable games against Tennessee and the Colts before a week 17 Cowboys matchup that may mean absolutely nothing to Dallas.

Giants have to play @ Indy, Luck is playing at an insane level, the Colts are red hot and they're fighting for a playoff spot. Maybe they win it if it's in New York, but I don't see them going to Indy and winning that game.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Eagles secondary is basically a bunch of guys off the street. Wentz doesn't look healthy.

Vikings...I have no idea how with so much talent, but they are offensively challenged.

Panthers are the most inconsistent team in the league.

Giants are playing good ball, but not sure they can win out.

I'd have to bet on the Vikings at this point

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Dallas won’t have a meaningless Week 17 unless they lose at Indy. Otherwise they are able to pass us for the 3 seed.
With Dallas one game behind the Bears, unless Bears gain a second game on Dallas, both teams will be playing (thru Week 17) for a better seed -- namely the advantage to host the opponent.

Tie Breaker: Common Games Win%:

.750, 2-1 Dallas W/L: W 20-13 NYG, L 24-13 Sea, W 26-24 Det; Upcoming: TB Week 16, Giants Week 17
.500, 2-2 Bears W/L: L 30-27 NYG, L 31-28 Sea, W 34-22 Det, W 23-16 Det; Upcoming: SF Week 16

Giants have to play @ Indy, Luck is playing at an insane level, the Colts are red hot and they're fighting for a playoff spot. Maybe they win it if it's in New York, but I don't see them going to Indy and winning that game.
Colts did lose to Jags 6-0 the week before last, but they have won last 5/6 games.

Cowboys play Colts in Indy this week, Giants in Indy next week. Cowboys and Giants seem about as hot as Colts. Home field is big, but I just think it's a tossup. Plus a loss to Cowboys will seriously cripple Colts chance for playoffs.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I had Philly but am dropping that due to Wentz’s lack of warrior spirit.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I dont think the Cowboys are beating the Colts this week. Frank Reich knows that Dallas scheme and personnel-wise its a bad matchup for the Colts. Cowboys have a stud front-7 but their secondary is pretty average (aside from Byron Jones, who is quite good). The Cowboys will find themselves in the impossible position of having to drop seven to cover all of Luck's reads but not being able to bring adequate pressure against the NFL's best OL when only rushing four.

And there is an element to Dallas having their division basically locked down while the Colts are desperately fighting for their lives. Once win streaks get to this ~5 game stretch teams just lay off the gas. Bears did it against New York.

After the Bears take care of business against 12 this Sunday (actually Monday, but whatever) there wont be much left to play for. Though I have a sense that if Minnesota is in a win-or-die mode week 17 the Bears will not roll over for them at all.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I dont think the Cowboys are beating the Colts this week. Frank Reich knows that Dallas scheme and personnel-wise its a bad matchup for the Colts. Cowboys have a stud front-7 but their secondary is pretty average (aside from Byron Jones, who is quite good). The Cowboys will find themselves in the impossible position of having to drop seven to cover all of Luck's reads but not being able to bring adequate pressure against the NFL's best OL when only rushing four.

And there is an element to Dallas having their division basically locked down while the Colts are desperately fighting for their lives. Once win streaks get to this ~5 game stretch teams just lay off the gas. Bears did it against New York.

After the Bears take care of business against 12 this Sunday (actually Monday, but whatever) there wont be much left to play for. Though I have a sense that if Minnesota is in a win-or-die mode week 17 the Bears will not roll over for them at all.

I think you are severely underestimating the DAL team, they have been on a tear after a slow start. They are only one game back on CHI.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I defer to your expertise on the Dal/Indy matchups, (I think Dal is better). But I don't know why you assume any team is taking their foot off the gas when their playoff seeding is on the line. How important is home field advantage in this upcoming playoffs? As usual, it's been of prime importance. Teams want to win it all real bad, every team will be freaking for a home field game in the playoffs.

It may be harder to get young players to understand it, but Coaches are on it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Knowing that Nagy is super conservative on injuries and resting players, I think it’s likely he cares more about his players’ health than about whether the Bears are the 3-seed or 4-seed. (Speaking purely on Week 17)

Now, if a first round bye is on the line, that’s different.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Knowing that Nagy is super conservative on injuries and resting players, I think it’s likely he cares more about his players’ health than about whether the Bears are the 3-seed or 4-seed.

Now, if a first round bye is on the line, that’s different.

Not likely but entirely possible both the 1 and 2 seed in the NFC lose in the division round. Would be a tragedy if the Bears give away one of the better home fields in the sport just for rest. Be kicking yourself if that happened.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not likely but entirely possible both the 1 and 2 seed in the NFC lose in the division round. Would be a tragedy if the Bears give away one of the better home fields in the sport just for rest. Be kicking yourself if that happened.

That’s a big “if” to entertain when you could just have the sure thing of rested, fresh players.

Don’t necessarily agree with the mindset. I’m speaking purely on how Nagy probably sees it. Who knows for sure, but his actions and words thus far would seem to back up my assertion.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
That’s a big “if” to entertain when you could just have the sure thing of rested, fresh players.

Don’t necessarily agree with the mindset. I’m speaking purely on how Nagy probably sees it. Who knows for sure, but his actions and words thus far would seem to back up my assertion.

They're football players. They don't need to be babied. I'll never forget when Tom Coughlin had the Giants play hard in a "meaningless" week 17 game. People thought it was stupid but two months later he was hoisting the trophy.

If there is something to be gained week 17 the Bears will go out there and try to gain it. Hell, I think they are pissed off enough at Minnesota that they will try and knock them out of the playoffs even if a win does nothing for the Bears. Nagy has shown himself to be aggressive almost to a fault at times and this team is a pack of hungry dogs.

Obviously there are players who need the rest, similar to the Mack situation in the middle of the year, and its not like they would attack the game with the same desperation they would if it were do or die...but don't roll over. Don't go into the dance on a sour note.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They're football players. They don't need to be babied. I'll never forget when Tom Coughlin had the Giants play hard in a "meaningless" week 17 game. People thought it was stupid but two months later he was hoisting the trophy.

If there is something to be gained week 17 the Bears will go out there and try to gain it. Hell, I think they are pissed off enough at Minnesota that they will try and knock them out of the playoffs even if a win does nothing for the Bears. Nagy has shown himself to be aggressive almost to a fault at times and this team is a pack of hungry dogs.

Obviously there are players who need the rest, similar to the Mack situation in the middle of the year, and its not like they would attack the game with the same desperation they would if it were do or die...but don't roll over. Don't go into the dance on a sour note.

Your viewpoint doesn’t line up with Nagy’s. If it did, he wouldn’t have rested all his starters essentially the entire preseason. He wouldn’t have rested Mack and Robinson for 2 games. And he wouldn’t have rested Trubisky for 2 games.

I’m speaking purely on a prediction of what I believe Nagy will do based on past actions and words.