Schwarber supposedly not on market. Seriously??

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I can go with, they have Norwood in AAA, but not Alzolay. Last thing I want is the one potential starter they may have developed over the past decade is put in a 7th inning role, then deemed too important to not move.

Not unheard of of a guy breaking in in the pen to be pushed into a starter gig later. Shark was one. He needs exposure and on a play off team the path of least resistance

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Why would you trade Babe Ruth?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
It's noble that the Cubs want to work with Russell and keep him.But not considering trading Schwarber is, IMO, a big mistake.To trade for talent you have to trade talent

Cubs needs offense and Schwarbie produce that and has not even reach his full potenional. Trading him would leave a hole on this team.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Cubs really need a late inning lefty to replace Wilson. They have no one.

If Edwards doesn’t bounce back they have Alozay in AAA. So this is not a need.

So in the pen they need a lefty. Every thing else is fluff

Starting 8. The 2 spots that are indebate is CF and SS. And that point could also be solved internally.

Say Schwarber breaks out Rizzo and Bryant return to 5 WAR. Baez hovers 3-5 WAR. This is honestly a very realistic situation where you are getting 20 WAR out of these 4 hitters. The rest of the line up is built around them.

I’m sorry those 4 are your hitting core. You build around them.

This ^

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
SO is anyone on the block or is Theo just sitting on his hands?

It's clear the team was missing SOMETHING last year and it wasn't just Yu Darvish.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
SO is anyone on the block or is Theo just sitting on his hands?

It's clear the team was missing SOMETHING last year and it wasn't just Yu Darvish.

Lead off. Also Bryant. Boston had their mvp as a 1 hitter and a silver slugger as a 4. Harper only works if Rizzo leads off opening day. Rizzo goes into god mode ahead of Bryant.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Babe Ruth consistently hit in the .300's, hit 60 homers in 1927, and regularly hit 50 or more.Comparing Schwarber to Ruth is silly.

Some fans make good points about Kyle's age, etc, and if he hits 40 homers and bats .280, I will side with you guys..

So if Schwarbs is the reincarnation of the Babe, can we see him hitting against most lefties?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lead off. Also Bryant. Boston had their mvp as a 1 hitter and a silver slugger as a 4. Harper only works if Rizzo leads off opening day. Rizzo goes into god mode ahead of Bryant.

and we never let our MVP candidate try as a 1. I think it was one game, either way it was never enough.

If someone did a bang for the buck list, I am pretty sure Schwarber ends up pretty damn high on the list. When he is making 4-5 million, he will still be top 20. But we should at least wait til he gets paid more to rip this guy.

It takes a while for a guy to accept he is not good enough to play the position he has played, its the same problem the round robin of leadoff hitters have. You get the shot, you produce, and you stop. In Schwarbers case, he worked his ass off becoming a better left fielder and guess what, he is pulled in close games.

Yeah, Joe gets the mental side of baseball players, but sometimes he does not see the mind cufks he is doing to these guy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
and we never let our MVP candidate try as a 1. I think it was one game, either way it was never enough.

If someone did a bang for the buck list, I am pretty sure Schwarber ends up pretty damn high on the list. When he is making 4-5 million, he will still be top 20. But we should at least wait til he gets paid more to rip this guy.

It takes a while for a guy to accept he is not good enough to play the position he has played, its the same problem the round robin of leadoff hitters have. You get the shot, you produce, and you stop. In Schwarbers case, he worked his ass off becoming a better left fielder and guess what, he is pulled in close games.

Yeah, Joe gets the mental side of baseball players, but sometimes he does not see the mind cufks he is doing to these guy.

You realize that Javy’s OBA was .326 which was only beat by EVERYONE except Almora (again sketchy lead off solution), Russell (bench warmer), Bote (x2), Cartiani (x3).

So you could honestly say of the starting 8 THAT HE IS THE WORST POSSIBLE LEADOFF OPTION.

So please stop with the nonsense.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You realize that Javy’s OBA was .326 which was only beat by EVERYONE except Almora (again sketchy lead off solution), Russell (bench warmer), Bote (x2), Cartiani (x3).

So you could honestly say of the starting 8 THAT HE IS THE WORST POSSIBLE LEADOFF OPTION.

So please stop with the nonsense.

You're arguing with a guy who insisted it wouldn't be hard for Baez to get his BB% up to league average (which would require doubling it) so that he could be shoehorned into leading off next year.

Yes, it's nonsense.

Yes, you're wasting your time.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You're arguing with a guy who insisted it wouldn't be hard for Baez to get his BB% up to league average (which would require doubling it) so that he could be shoehorned into leading off next year.

Yes, it's nonsense.

Yes, you're wasting your time.

Fair enuf

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Top 6:

Rizzo
Bryant
Harper
Baez
Schwarber
Contreras

That's a winner!

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Rizzo too far down at 5. I want him higher in the lineup.

True, but then you have Baez sandwiched between Harper and Rizzo, both high OBP guys and stable bats. Either way, that lineup should be murderous.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
True, but then you have Baez sandwiched between Harper and Rizzo, both high OBP guys and stable bats. Either way, that lineup should be murderous.

Zo is a 70% playing time hitter. You really want a more stable top. The only reason to sign Harper is because you are thinking Rizzo is a premiere lead off.