Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catch all Season thread

Well, Ward with the game like so many of us expected him to be like, 6 goals, some terrible decisions only 21 saves. I missed what happened with the team, with Nilsson and Kunitz getting the nod, guessing Haydon and Martinson were sick or something, thought Luke did pretty well in the win against colorado, but he got swapped with Nilsson.
    Pretty odd to see such a linup mixup after a three game winning streak. no push from the fourth line at all.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

5-2-1 over last 8, just in time for some good hockey at ND.

Krueger back off IR, Nillson sent back to Rockford, lets see if that fourth line of Haydon, Martinson and Krueger gets back together tonight for the physical game against the bruins.

Sikura and Martinsen sent to Rockford. I can see Sikura, no sense having him play on the 4th line here, but Martinsen might still lead the team in hits at the end of the season.

Shit or get off the pot, stop fucking up the draft.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

Quote Originally Posted by MassHavoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shit or get off the pot, stop fucking up the draft.
    Dont look then, they are only 7 points behind the second wild card spot.

Watching these guys is like playing a slow team in the NHL video game. They are constantly late...the other team passes better and gets there faster. They rarely get good shots or even any shots on their breakouts...the other team just catches them from behind. So sad to see what they have become.....the worst thing that could happen would be them somehow sneaking into a wild card spot.

Delia kept them in it. Need more from other players cant rely on Kaner to do everything.

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Seabrookzival with 2 goals. 1 for us 1 for Pens. Lol he really needs to be scratched
    Yes, He really needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Delia kept them in it. Need more from other players cant rely on Kaner to do everything.
    he had a great game. I really understand how other teams think about Kaner when Johnny Hockey plays against the hawks, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PUT HIM ON HIS ASS? Would have been nice to see a physical line against their top line.

But the hawks fought back again, got the third after the empty netter, I was putting this in the loss column as soon as I saw Kunitz in the lineup in the back to back, I dont think he got a shift in the third.

Joker officially recalled, lets hope finding the net twice in the juniors will lead to his first NHL goal. I thought Davidson did a pretty good job these past two games, I just hope Keith gets Joker again so gus can stay on his forehand.

Scratched for Vorobiev LordKOTL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    Joker officially recalled, lets hope finding the net twice in the juniors will lead to his first NHL goal. I thought Davidson did a pretty good job these past two games, I just hope Keith gets Joker again so gus can stay on his forehand.
    Rumor has it Brent "The Refrigerator" Seabrook out with illness--game time decision. That can help sorting the D.
    Hidden Content
    "Thank you Dr. Karpotsev...." ~Pat Foley
    Hidden Content

almost got to see the Hawks beat vegas for the first time in history. But Kunitz was back in the lineup and dropped from the rotation yet again in the third.

Eventually, you need to realize you are not increasing any trade value with the guy by playing him.

almost got to see the Hawks beat vegas for the first time in history. But Kunitz was back in the lineup and dropped from the rotation yet again in the third.

Eventually, you need to realize you are not increasing any trade value with the guy by playing him.
    He's got an NMC, so unless it was waived, the only reason he's playing is because JC wants him to play.

Still, our recent 3rd period and OT play has sucked the sweat off the balls of a brass monkey. Plus, Delia's starting to look human. Either way I'm not too worried about this year; if Delia and Joker can work out the kinks of their game moving forward, then great.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LordKOTL View Post
    He's got an NMC, so unless it was waived, the only reason he's playing is because JC wants him to play.

Still, our recent 3rd period and OT play has sucked the sweat off the balls of a brass monkey. Plus, Delia's starting to look human. Either way I'm not too worried about this year; if Delia and Joker can work out the kinks of their game moving forward, then great.
    I thought just Ward got the NMC. Kunitz was fully guaranteed, but I did not see anything about no movement. Should be another coffin nail for bowman

I thought just Ward got the NMC. Kunitz was fully guaranteed, but I did not see anything about no movement. Should be another coffin nail for bowman
    I think Bowman's status hinges on how the club does this year. At the time of Q's firing, the 'hawks were 6-6-3 and were on pace for a record of 33-33-16, or a 98 point pace--which would have put them as a WC in ever year except 2015. Since JC took over they are 10-16-6, which would put them at a clip of 21-34-12 under JC this year, 54 points under JC, or 69 total this year. Extrapolated over a full year under JC, they'd be 26-41-15, or 67 points.

Not very good, but on the other than they were doing much better than the near 50-point clip (extrapolated) thaht they were soon after JC took over.

I think if the 'hawks start tailing high and end the season on a positive trend, and especially if they aren't warming the cellar, Bowman might get a pass "to see how JC & Co would do over a full year". I think Stan's tradeout of Schmaltz, Manning, and Rutta would help his cause (especially if rumor is true that Q wanted Manning). But on the flipside if the 'hawks are still that bad? Yeah, I can see him going.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

There will have to be some nobody with a plan to take his place. No GM is going to want to come in here with this mess.

On a side note, cheap shot on Kampf with time expiring and a game in the bag for the devils and Murphy, Caggs and the new guy stepped up physically. Caggs did some damage while the refs were on the pile with murphy.

Man I miss John Widemans fight calls on the radio.

There will have to be some nobody with a plan to take his place. No GM is going to want to come in here with this mess.

On a side note, cheap shot on Kampf with time expiring and a game in the bag for the devils and Murphy, Caggs and the new guy stepped up physically. Caggs did some damage while the refs were on the pile with murphy.

Man I miss John Widemans fight calls on the radio.
    Agreed, but last night was an epic coaching failure.

7 D-men dressed, and Keith still run roughshod and rumor has it he was sick as a dog. Ward was leaking like a sieve and yet still no reduction in Keith's icetime in spite of him playing like rancid smegma.

Caligula throwing down was the highlight.

I really hope Keith sits next game.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LordKOTL View Post
    Agreed, but last night was an epic coaching failure.

7 D-men dressed, and Keith still run roughshod and rumor has it he was sick as a dog. Ward was leaking like a sieve and yet still no reduction in Keith's icetime in spite of him playing like rancid smegma.

Caligula throwing down was the highlight.

I really hope Keith sits next game.
    I did not mind the 7 d men dressing until he put murphy at forward late in the game, maybe all game, I dont know, it was hard to watch. It sat Kunitz and if they want to rotate d men, that is great, I just dont get why they cant settle on RL pairings. I just noticed Kane skating just about every other shift with different pairs of the other two.

Seabrook was sick a few days ago so it would be natural for Keith to catch the same thing.

I did not mind the 7 d men dressing until he put murphy at forward late in the game, maybe all game, I dont know, it was hard to watch. It sat Kunitz and if they want to rotate d men, that is great, I just dont get why they cant settle on RL pairings. I just noticed Kane skating just about every other shift with different pairs of the other two.

Seabrook was sick a few days ago so it would be natural for Keith to catch the same thing.
    I wan't implying that dressing 7 D-men was inherently bad--and I'm no fan of Kunitz. The problem is JC's handling of players:

Keith got the lion's share of D-time last night, and truth be told he hasn't been a gamebreaker since June of 2015. So, if Keith wasn't sick he should have limited his icetime do to him sucking like Paris Hilton trying to get out of a DUI. But, because Keith was likely sick, it's an even more egregious fault; Keith is not a gamebreaker and hasn't been for some time. Further, this season is pretty much a throwaway one. Couple that with pucks going through ward like shit through a goose on Taco Tuesday and yesterday's game was not going to be won--so why play Keith so much--especially when he's sick?

Kane, being not just *a* gamebreaker, but *the* gamebreaker on our team makes some sense double-shifting--and Kane doesn't qualify for AARP (yet). But there was no justifiable reason whatsoever that JC couldn't have lopped off 3-6 minutes off of Keith's icetime and spread it evenly among all other defenders.

And Seabrook taking time off while sick is all the more reason Keith should sit while sick.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

No, I got what you meant. JC has two ways to go here, sit seabrook, Kane gets the A and does yeomans work. Kane is the leader on the team. All that bullshit with Seabrooks commercial of leading by example and dont step on the ice if you are not willing to give everything you got, even he believes himself. You gotta wonder how the pawns in the room that keep getting sat feel about watching the old guys get all the breaks. They dont lose shift time because its bad enough that JC's shutdown pair is 5 and 63 now.

that is when JC gets this team and you give the perfect example. Just seeing the look on Kanes face after that empty netter when Keith could not stop a puck sent back to the point and could not catch up to the guy going for the empty net showed alot. You gotta wonder how sick of it he is and right now, he is probably the only big money guy on the team they can trade for a rebuild. But they know leaving us with Toews, Keith and Seabrook is dooming this team.

as far as not sitting Keith, I am pretty sure part of it is wanting him to catch seabrook in the games played stats.

No, I got what you meant. JC has two ways to go here, sit seabrook, Kane gets the A and does yeomans work. Kane is the leader on the team. All that bullshit with Seabrooks commercial of leading by example and dont step on the ice if you are not willing to give everything you got, even he believes himself. You gotta wonder how the pawns in the room that keep getting sat feel about watching the old guys get all the breaks. They dont lose shift time because its bad enough that JC's shutdown pair is 5 and 63 now.

that is when JC gets this team and you give the perfect example. Just seeing the look on Kanes face after that empty netter when Keith could not stop a puck sent back to the point and could not catch up to the guy going for the empty net showed alot. You gotta wonder how sick of it he is and right now, he is probably the only big money guy on the team they can trade for a rebuild. But they know leaving us with Toews, Keith and Seabrook is dooming this team.

as far as not sitting Keith, I am pretty sure part of it is wanting him to catch seabrook in the games played stats.
    Which is still horseshit if Keith is very sick, and moreso if he's getting most of the icetime. That's just shitty coaching--like "Fresh Legs" shitty.

I don't think the letters matter much. Hossa rarely wore one and we know he was a de facto leader of the team. Easily as much as Toews, Keith, and Seabs. I don't think giving Kane a letter matters much in the long run.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

wow, Washington had Hawkitis, terrible defense. Caggs doing his best Shaw interpretation with Kane and Toews, kinda like it, other than Kunitz and AA on the fourth line providing no forecheck.

How about that save by Delia, if you missed it, it should be on most highlight shows as a top play for this month or year, but then lets one squeak thru.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast