Catch all Season thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Coyotes passed the wild into the second WC spot. Edmonton lost, got some breathing room behind the hawks, but the must wins continue.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Coyotes passed the wild into the second WC spot. Edmonton lost, got some breathing room behind the hawks, but the must wins continue.

7 back
5 back

so hard to make up any ground in the standings with so many teams involved....yesterday:

col 2 points
stl 1 point
min 1 point
van 2 points
dal 1 point
edm 0 points

we have ZERO room for error and with only 11 games left and 22 points out there we cant afford a loss esp wince we'll likely need to be AHEAD of almost everybody not just tied since we lack ROW vs our competitors.....the nextweek will give us an idea if the last 6 games will matter.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, never been a big fan of the 3 point games. It's more relevant now with the Hawks trying to crawl back into the mix but even before this year, it was bad. I mean you really have to be a horrible team to be out of playoff contention. I could never grasp the idea of getting a point for losing a game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
7 back
5 back

so hard to make up any ground in the standings with so many teams involved....yesterday:

col 2 points
stl 1 point
min 1 point
van 2 points
dal 1 point
edm 0 points

we have ZERO room for error and with only 11 games left and 22 points out there we cant afford a loss esp wince we'll likely need to be AHEAD of almost everybody not just tied since we lack ROW vs our competitors.....the nextweek will give us an idea if the last 6 games will matter.

Goddamn!!

It’s die hard!!

Not cry yourself to sleep and drip cunt juice through the top sheet!!

Now die hard!

Let’s ride!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goddamn!!

It’s die hard!!

Not cry yourself to sleep and drip cunt juice through the top sheet!!

Now die hard!

Let’s ride!

He is kind of a downer man

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 game back and you should see THEIR homestrtch schedule.

1 game!!

greg23

Liked Posts:

1 game!!

So now 1 win = 4 points?

Yeah their schedule looks tough....have you looked at ours to end the season in April?

Winnipeg
Stl
Dallas
Nashville

Kind of dire straights if we're still likely trailing with 4 games remaining.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have played 82, us 81. 4 points is maybe 2 points, and we play them next week. We control our own fate with Arizona already and your math tells you it’s over.

Acting emotional and refuse to get off your point, just chomping at the bit for us to lose to say you we’re right which you have already proven to be wrong. We already reeled in the yotes, a point off the wild.

Plenty of time, fate yet to be decided.

Figure it out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1 game!!

Not sure what schedule you're looking at but the one I saw has Florida and NJ road games with the Hawks and LA at home. I don't care what happens in the rest of their games...if they win those 4, it's over.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They have played 82, us 81. 4 points is maybe 2 points, and we play them next week. We control our own fate with Arizona already and your math tells you it’s over.

Acting emotional and refuse to get off your point, just chomping at the bit for us to lose to say you we’re right which you have already proven to be wrong. We already reeled in the yotes, a point off the wild.

Plenty of time, fate yet to be decided.

Figure it out.

I dont think you understand how hockey works.

To say were 1 back is ridiculous....here is where we actually stand as of today

Chi needs to win 2 games
Az needs 0 points in next 1 game
Min needs 0 points in next 1 game
Col needs 3 points of less in next 2 games

We actually need 5 exact things to happen (eliminating 20% of the schedule) and then THIS JUST GETS US TIED...and we lose the tiebreaker.

Getting closer but still a virtual longshot with no margin for a loss, the runway getting closer and murdererers row to end the season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, 2 goals in the first half has already matched their normal production of the past few games.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Made it thru the second period, luckily nothing happened in the turd.

can seabrook be benched for those penalties?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I noticed Seabrookzival only played 11 minutes last game. The lowest by far of all d-man

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The probabilities are bad and the truth impossible, yet math still remains with a slim chance of either a wild card birth...or a top 5 pick. I'm ready to lose the rest, but something tells me the team will show they haven't given up yet in L.A. tomorrow. The Avs schedule is horrendous. I still think we might be chasing the Wild....and the Wild are feasible.

As long as there is a chance I suppose Crow will play?

so...probably the biggest question on the season for me...

is could a season long Crow with Ward as back-up, plus Joker, Bovquist, and Forsling make the playoffs.

I hear you on the Toews and Kane mega trade lust, just to reboot this franchise...but you know what,

I'm still not sure Crow, Toews, Kane isn't a formula you should continue to reboot as long as you can. If they want to show up...

LETS RIDE!!

my answer is yes...a 2020 version of Joker, Bovquist, Forsling, Keith, Gus, and Seabs relegated to a Rosy 6th/7th box vs bad matchups for him, 6th man when we need phyical presence to keep him rested and most useful.
They have plenty of guys to roll at 6, but its time to go with the trio of youth that can be something in this league.

Gus should replace Keith on the power play, and see what Keith does with a few minutes reduced all season long.
Bovquist is ready even if the Hawks are reluctant to speed guys up. Joker should go, Forsling should go with Keith, and put Joker/Bovquist together or find them a shadow/teacher whatever ends up working. Seabs/Bov and Gus/Joker and Keith/Forsling?

Or do you have to give Seabs the Forsling?

I think too, there is depth in the system that will finally flower.

Sikura-Toews-Saad
Kahun-Edjderselle-Kane
Debricat-Strome-Perlini
Hayden-Kruger-Bondra

Something like this is possible. I think the team is actually stacked with talent again next year and they can ride enough young energy to not look so pathetic on either end.

The defense might be soft but the forwards we have and Crow have all demonstrated why they excel at the back and forth game. Up and down the ice, thats what we need. Always moving, playing our game and getting back to slick possession when the skill is there to do it, that alone is why you play Joker and Bovquist. You got some quality that is too young, and you got some all-time greats, you gotta just roll the dice at least until the trade deadline, and see if a healthy/sober Crow can actually be this good!!

Dude was a beast down the stretch...Jesus christ he almost did the impossible.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could do without Sikura, Kahun and Perlini. The forward
group is WAY too soft already.
None of them work the boards or go to the net often enough. Stan has work to do this summer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's getting to the point now that I'm not sure if it is the philosophy, the coaching or the players themselves....but the way they constantly leave the slot area in front of Crawford unattended is astounding. The guy has to play lights out or the team has to score 5 to win a game. It's the last few weeks of the season and we're still seeing this shit on a nightly basis. Unacceptable.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I could do without Sikura, Kahun and Perlini. The forward
group is WAY too soft already.
None of them work the boards or go to the net often enough. Stan has work to do this summer.
Sikura does go to the boards, I dont know how he does get to pucks and work it around hits like he does, but watching him at the boards is really pretty amazing. His back checking has been off the charts, maybe just more noticeable since few other hawks do it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It's getting to the point now that I'm not sure if it is the philosophy, the coaching or the players themselves....but the way they constantly leave the slot area in front of Crawford unattended is astounding. The guy has to play lights out or the team has to score 5 to win a game. It's the last few weeks of the season and we're still seeing this shit on a nightly basis. Unacceptable.
In all honesty, I think that is philosophy so his own man is not part of the screening problem. It has been that way all thru the Q era too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is if you move Kane you would expose how shitty the rest of your roster is constructed.

The most important move, the most warranted move, the essential move is to can Bowman. I see the plan with Joker and Bovquist and they can't get here soon enough, but the flawed roster and philosophies need to be cleaned out.

Let a fresh mind have the crutches of Kane/Toews/Crow, and let a fresh mind figure out what to do with all the mini-me's Bowman has collected.