Catch all Season thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely good over the past 2 games winning two against teams ahead of us, but leaving the point on the table for Wankouver doesn't help, but not the end of the world.

Buncha bonus point eastern conference games we should win to stay in the hunt.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But what's the endgame here, they have too many holes to win the cup still, and I see a fun team now that is good enough to make the playoffs.... but does that help in the long run? Do it just delay them fixing the D... Are they going to end up being too good for their own good? I guess fuck if I care, I love playoff hockey it's simply the best thing in all of sports.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone else see any rumors of Anisimov being available? Doesn't quite make sense to me, but I know he was a great fit for Q's team, I just assumed he was good enough here still at that price?

Today from Lebrun
[h=3]Anisimov available?[/h] Hearing that the Blackhawks would move forward Artem Anisimov for the right price. His role has decreased in Chicago this season. I don’t get the sense the ‘Hawks are actively shopping him, but for the right offer they would listen.
The 30-year-old Anisimov is not a rental, he’s got two more years on his deal after this season at a $4.55-million cap hit although the actual cash owed to him is $4 million next year and $3 million in the last season.
Anisimov has a 10-team list of teams he would go to as part of his modified no-trade clause. So his camp has some say in how a potential deal would play out.
I wonder if Columbus wouldn’t be a fit in terms of re-acquiring him? The allure here would be that they know the player and that he’s signed past this year. If Columbus adds, I think the Jackets would like a player under contract, especially if they ship out Panarin in a separate deal.
What I don’t know is whether Columbus is on Anisimov’s list of teams.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This guy right here in the comments on the article has got it figured out... haha.

The Predators and Blackhawks should complete the trade trifecta. Anisimov and Anton Forsberg (who came to the Blackhawks in the Brandon Saad trades), and Nicolas Beadin (promising junior D-man who was the pick in the Hartman trade) for Panarin. Net result of the trifecta on the Preds side of the ledger would be: one Hartman, one Tyler Motte (later part of the deal for Thomas Vanek), and a 5th round pick (not sure what that turned into). Blackhawks end up back where they started with Saad and Panarin (minus one Hartman).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT is on pace for 73 points this season.

The two picks that the Hawks received in the TT/Bickell trade turned into Artem Kayumov and Evan Barratt lol.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what's the endgame here, they have too many holes to win the cup still, and I see a fun team now that is good enough to make the playoffs.... but does that help in the long run? Do it just delay them fixing the D... Are they going to end up being too good for their own good? I guess fuck if I care, I love playoff hockey it's simply the best thing in all of sports.
There's help for the D coming from Rockford in the next year or two. Lots of good D draft picks working their way up.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There's help for the D coming from Rockford in the next year or two. Lots of good D draft picks working their way up.

but its gonna be 4 before Keith and Seabrook are gone and with Murph and Dahlstom the current A pairing, Gus delivering on the PP, and even Joker out of a slot now, odds are they never make it. If Murph keeps going like he is I am sure Stan will sign him for 12 years at 6 million per.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but its gonna be 4 before Keith and Seabrook are gone and with Murph and Dahlstom the current A pairing, Gus delivering on the PP, and even Joker out of a slot now, odds are they never make it. If Murph keeps going like he is I am sure Stan will sign him for 12 years at 6 million per.

I doubt that. Some are recent first round picks. Check Boquist's numbers in the OHL.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I doubt that. Some are recent first round picks. Check Boquist's numbers in the OHL.

The post read Rockford, Boquist is not at Rockford so I was not even including him. Campbell looks like a nice player but career AHL guy. I just cant see it. I liked Davidsons game, but cant see the fit. I dont even know how long Joker will be around.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The post read Rockford, Boquist is not at Rockford so I was not even including him. Campbell looks like a nice player but career AHL guy. I just cant see it. I liked Davidsons game, but cant see the fit. I dont even know how long Joker will be around.
My post said "Lots of good Dman working their way up". I clearly said he was in the OHL in the next post. But....whatevs...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
3 more points...

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yelling "Detroit sucks!" ain't as much fun when it's true.
Still fun though.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Too bad our new ex rival with the blues have been as hot as the hawks.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odds are he doesn't play a single game the rest of the season.

If he's ready next year it'll either be a him/Delia tandem (What with Delia's new deal--looks like 1M for 3 years) or him riding LTIR--I sincerely doubt he leaves 5M on the table.

It's easy for some schmo fan to say he shouldn't play anymore. He should be thinking aboot it.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's easy for some schmo fan to say he shouldn't play anymore. He should be thinking aboot it.
It's also easy for some schmo fan to forget that for the 2nd year running Crawford got ran and not a single player stood up for him. That's gotta give him some pause considering the commulative effect of concussions. The last thing Crawford should want is being run once again while the pantywaists in front of him are too busy greasing each other's crease.

I seriously think he doesn't see any game ice the rest of the year--there's little reason for him to. Next year though--he's either tandeming with Delia or on LTIR since I don't see him walking away from his remaining 5M.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's also easy for some schmo fan to forget that for the 2nd year running Crawford got ran and not a single player stood up for him. That's gotta give him some pause considering the commulative effect of concussions. The last thing Crawford should want is being run once again while the pantywaists in front of him are too busy greasing each other's crease.

I seriously think he doesn't see any game ice the rest of the year--there's little reason for him to. Next year though--he's either tandeming with Delia or on LTIR since I don't see him walking away from his remaining 5M.

Yeah, somebody should've beaten the living crap out of Strome.

"I hit him hard,” Strome said. “I was going fast. I hope he’s OK. "

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Colin Delia was given a three year contract extension, 1M per year. He is playing well, would have probably made a bunch if he was able to look with the way he has played.