Catch all Season thread

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Panarin is hardly a top priority, we need D and C.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then infuse Sikura’s game water with liquid cocaine!!! Do what we gotta do.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
uh oh, Dahlstrom has flu like conditions, Joker recalled "on an emergency basis".

That is not a good way to say it.

Hope it does not "runs" thru the locker room again.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
uh oh, Dahlstrom has flu like conditions, Joker recalled "on an emergency basis".

That is not a good way to say it.

Hope it does not "runs" thru the locker room again.

Was that goal fast enough for you?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Welp, gotta win tomorrow.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta think if Crow is really ready Delia is going to get steady playing time in rockford.

Our goaltending has kept us in games that could have been blowouts, but right now their percentages are like .910 and .880.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
missed it, was it on Joker? I just get fixated on the gaping 5 hole Delia has not been able to close up for two weeks.
Insert Goatse.cx joke here.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If this team really wants to think playoffs, a healthy and physically solid Corey Crawford in the net is a must. You can't make living in this league needing 4 or 5 goals every night to get 2 points. Sometimes you have to win a 2-1 or 3-2 game...not happening with these goalies particularly with the defensemen they have playing in front of them. The one guy I've been bashing has been Keith, the decision to move him off the PP has given him new life....the last month has been his best hockey in a long time. Gustafson while strong on the PP is a disaster on D as is most everyone else they've thrown out there. The only thing that might save them is Crawford and that isn't a lock.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
0 points this weekend. Ouch.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Emergengy call-up. With Forsling off IR he has to go back.

Just never heard the terminology. He was not officially assigned from rockford, but he got assigned back to rockford.

There was another one last night on a different team I saw too.

Oh well, 6 more hours of so to see if anyone lifts their NMC.

Power went out at work yesterday, so I was stuck with radio, hearing how big Kunitz is behind the scenes. You would think this team did not have a Toews, Keith, Seabrook or Kane on it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just never heard the terminology. He was not officially assigned from rockford, but he got assigned back to rockford.

There was another one last night on a different team I saw too.

Oh well, 6 more hours of so to see if anyone lifts their NMC.

Power went out at work yesterday, so I was stuck with radio, hearing how big Kunitz is behind the scenes. You would think this team did not have a Toews, Keith, Seabrook or Kane on it.

That sucks about your power.

Usually emergency call-ups are used for players that are in the A but are waiver-eligible; so like Martensen, Campbell, and Davidson could be called up when someone gets injured and replace them, but then when the roster-player heals, they can be sent back without passing through waivers.

Anyhow, The last two games exposed the backend like a man getting a prostate exam. Our O may be deadly, but they'd need something on the backend to help. Honestly, I would seriously doubt last year's Crawford would be enough.

I'm also hoping Stan doesn't mortgage the future at this point. There are guys who should by all rights be off the roster, there are guys who we can deal with being on the roster, and there are assets we should hold onto. As close as the 'hawks are to the playoffs and in spite of their run, they need serious help on the backend--like top-pairing help who can actually play defense and that doesn't come cheap.

As a fan I'm fine with this year as a write-off. The O looks promising for the near futuer, but the D is going to need a ton of work that might be better developing internally.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If this team really wants to think playoffs, a healthy and physically solid Corey Crawford in the net is a must. You can't make living in this league needing 4 or 5 goals every night to get 2 points. Sometimes you have to win a 2-1 or 3-2 game...not happening with these goalies particularly with the defensemen they have playing in front of them. The one guy I've been bashing has been Keith, the decision to move him off the PP has given him new life....the last month has been his best hockey in a long time. Gustafson while strong on the PP is a disaster on D as is most everyone else they've thrown out there. The only thing that might save them is Crawford and that isn't a lock.

True, but this also something to be said for the psychology of a team playing distracted in front of a goalie that has injury problems to the point where any shot could be his last. Let's hope he can come back strong and safe and put all that other stuff behind him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anybody hear anything fun about trades. Jets got Kevin Hayes for a first round, prospect and conditional... wow.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's also something to be said about a goailie who was ran twice in as many years and not one single guy in front of him sacked up and took the opposition to task.

I'm sure there'd be distraction on both fronts.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There's also something to be said about a goailie who was ran twice in as many years and not one single guy in front of him sacked up and took the opposition to task.

I'm sure there'd be distraction on both fronts.

Well... exactly, I just meant in general on top of the baggage, there would be a lot of up in the air stuff that goes with Crow coming back this year, or at all to be honest.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well... exactly, I just meant in general on top of the baggage, there would be a lot of up in the air stuff that goes with Crow coming back this year, or at all to be honest.

Whelp, we's gonna find out.