Catch all Season thread

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
They won against Nashville, Dallas and Colorado, Dallas and Colorado on the road. Man, they looked completely gassed last night, but somehow pulled it out. Delia looks to be a heavy goalie who starts to lift the net off the morings every time he hits it.

I dont know, did something change with the system when Crow got hit? Did the league shorten the supports so the net leaves quicker because that net in colorado was bouncing alot?

They were totally gassed. I was amazed they found a way to win. Thought it had the makings of a blowout. Props to Delia. Seabrook is so painful to watch

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, a winning streak, I didn't think we'd have any more of those this season.

Supposedly Ward made a comment after that last loss that got the team's attention.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah Ward blasted them, and JC said after the Peg game that Winnipeg played like men

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, Ward with the game like so many of us expected him to be like, 6 goals, some terrible decisions only 21 saves. I missed what happened with the team, with Nilsson and Kunitz getting the nod, guessing Haydon and Martinson were sick or something, thought Luke did pretty well in the win against colorado, but he got swapped with Nilsson.
Pretty odd to see such a linup mixup after a three game winning streak. no push from the fourth line at all.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
5-2-1 over last 8, just in time for some good hockey at ND.

Krueger back off IR, Nillson sent back to Rockford, lets see if that fourth line of Haydon, Martinson and Krueger gets back together tonight for the physical game against the bruins.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Sikura and Martinsen sent to Rockford. I can see Sikura, no sense having him play on the 4th line here, but Martinsen might still lead the team in hits at the end of the season.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Shit or get off the pot, stop fucking up the draft.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching these guys is like playing a slow team in the NHL video game. They are constantly late...the other team passes better and gets there faster. They rarely get good shots or even any shots on their breakouts...the other team just catches them from behind. So sad to see what they have become.....the worst thing that could happen would be them somehow sneaking into a wild card spot.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Delia kept them in it. Need more from other players cant rely on Kaner to do everything.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Delia kept them in it. Need more from other players cant rely on Kaner to do everything.

he had a great game. I really understand how other teams think about Kaner when Johnny Hockey plays against the hawks, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PUT HIM ON HIS ASS? Would have been nice to see a physical line against their top line.

But the hawks fought back again, got the third after the empty netter, I was putting this in the loss column as soon as I saw Kunitz in the lineup in the back to back, I dont think he got a shift in the third.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Joker officially recalled, lets hope finding the net twice in the juniors will lead to his first NHL goal. I thought Davidson did a pretty good job these past two games, I just hope Keith gets Joker again so gus can stay on his forehand.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Joker officially recalled, lets hope finding the net twice in the juniors will lead to his first NHL goal. I thought Davidson did a pretty good job these past two games, I just hope Keith gets Joker again so gus can stay on his forehand.

Rumor has it Brent "The Refrigerator" Seabrook out with illness--game time decision. That can help sorting the D.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
almost got to see the Hawks beat vegas for the first time in history. But Kunitz was back in the lineup and dropped from the rotation yet again in the third.

Eventually, you need to realize you are not increasing any trade value with the guy by playing him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
almost got to see the Hawks beat vegas for the first time in history. But Kunitz was back in the lineup and dropped from the rotation yet again in the third.

Eventually, you need to realize you are not increasing any trade value with the guy by playing him.
He's got an NMC, so unless it was waived, the only reason he's playing is because JC wants him to play.

Still, our recent 3rd period and OT play has sucked the sweat off the balls of a brass monkey. Plus, Delia's starting to look human. Either way I'm not too worried about this year; if Delia and Joker can work out the kinks of their game moving forward, then great.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He's got an NMC, so unless it was waived, the only reason he's playing is because JC wants him to play.

Still, our recent 3rd period and OT play has sucked the sweat off the balls of a brass monkey. Plus, Delia's starting to look human. Either way I'm not too worried about this year; if Delia and Joker can work out the kinks of their game moving forward, then great.

I thought just Ward got the NMC. Kunitz was fully guaranteed, but I did not see anything about no movement. Should be another coffin nail for bowman

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought just Ward got the NMC. Kunitz was fully guaranteed, but I did not see anything about no movement. Should be another coffin nail for bowman

I think Bowman's status hinges on how the club does this year. At the time of Q's firing, the 'hawks were 6-6-3 and were on pace for a record of 33-33-16, or a 98 point pace--which would have put them as a WC in ever year except 2015. Since JC took over they are 10-16-6, which would put them at a clip of 21-34-12 under JC this year, 54 points under JC, or 69 total this year. Extrapolated over a full year under JC, they'd be 26-41-15, or 67 points.

Not very good, but on the other than they were doing much better than the near 50-point clip (extrapolated) thaht they were soon after JC took over.

I think if the 'hawks start tailing high and end the season on a positive trend, and especially if they aren't warming the cellar, Bowman might get a pass "to see how JC & Co would do over a full year". I think Stan's tradeout of Schmaltz, Manning, and Rutta would help his cause (especially if rumor is true that Q wanted Manning). But on the flipside if the 'hawks are still that bad? Yeah, I can see him going.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There will have to be some nobody with a plan to take his place. No GM is going to want to come in here with this mess.

On a side note, cheap shot on Kampf with time expiring and a game in the bag for the devils and Murphy, Caggs and the new guy stepped up physically. Caggs did some damage while the refs were on the pile with murphy.

Man I miss John Widemans fight calls on the radio.