Catch all Season thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There will have to be some nobody with a plan to take his place. No GM is going to want to come in here with this mess.

On a side note, cheap shot on Kampf with time expiring and a game in the bag for the devils and Murphy, Caggs and the new guy stepped up physically. Caggs did some damage while the refs were on the pile with murphy.

Man I miss John Widemans fight calls on the radio.

Agreed, but last night was an epic coaching failure.

7 D-men dressed, and Keith still run roughshod and rumor has it he was sick as a dog. Ward was leaking like a sieve and yet still no reduction in Keith's icetime in spite of him playing like rancid smegma.

Caligula throwing down was the highlight.

I really hope Keith sits next game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but last night was an epic coaching failure.

7 D-men dressed, and Keith still run roughshod and rumor has it he was sick as a dog. Ward was leaking like a sieve and yet still no reduction in Keith's icetime in spite of him playing like rancid smegma.

Caligula throwing down was the highlight.

I really hope Keith sits next game.

I did not mind the 7 d men dressing until he put murphy at forward late in the game, maybe all game, I dont know, it was hard to watch. It sat Kunitz and if they want to rotate d men, that is great, I just dont get why they cant settle on RL pairings. I just noticed Kane skating just about every other shift with different pairs of the other two.

Seabrook was sick a few days ago so it would be natural for Keith to catch the same thing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did not mind the 7 d men dressing until he put murphy at forward late in the game, maybe all game, I dont know, it was hard to watch. It sat Kunitz and if they want to rotate d men, that is great, I just dont get why they cant settle on RL pairings. I just noticed Kane skating just about every other shift with different pairs of the other two.

Seabrook was sick a few days ago so it would be natural for Keith to catch the same thing.

I wan't implying that dressing 7 D-men was inherently bad--and I'm no fan of Kunitz. The problem is JC's handling of players:

Keith got the lion's share of D-time last night, and truth be told he hasn't been a gamebreaker since June of 2015. So, if Keith wasn't sick he should have limited his icetime do to him sucking like Paris Hilton trying to get out of a DUI. But, because Keith was likely sick, it's an even more egregious fault; Keith is not a gamebreaker and hasn't been for some time. Further, this season is pretty much a throwaway one. Couple that with pucks going through ward like shit through a goose on Taco Tuesday and yesterday's game was not going to be won--so why play Keith so much--especially when he's sick?

Kane, being not just *a* gamebreaker, but *the* gamebreaker on our team makes some sense double-shifting--and Kane doesn't qualify for AARP (yet). But there was no justifiable reason whatsoever that JC couldn't have lopped off 3-6 minutes off of Keith's icetime and spread it evenly among all other defenders.

And Seabrook taking time off while sick is all the more reason Keith should sit while sick.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No, I got what you meant. JC has two ways to go here, sit seabrook, Kane gets the A and does yeomans work. Kane is the leader on the team. All that bullshit with Seabrooks commercial of leading by example and dont step on the ice if you are not willing to give everything you got, even he believes himself. You gotta wonder how the pawns in the room that keep getting sat feel about watching the old guys get all the breaks. They dont lose shift time because its bad enough that JC's shutdown pair is 5 and 63 now.

that is when JC gets this team and you give the perfect example. Just seeing the look on Kanes face after that empty netter when Keith could not stop a puck sent back to the point and could not catch up to the guy going for the empty net showed alot. You gotta wonder how sick of it he is and right now, he is probably the only big money guy on the team they can trade for a rebuild. But they know leaving us with Toews, Keith and Seabrook is dooming this team.

as far as not sitting Keith, I am pretty sure part of it is wanting him to catch seabrook in the games played stats.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, I got what you meant. JC has two ways to go here, sit seabrook, Kane gets the A and does yeomans work. Kane is the leader on the team. All that bullshit with Seabrooks commercial of leading by example and dont step on the ice if you are not willing to give everything you got, even he believes himself. You gotta wonder how the pawns in the room that keep getting sat feel about watching the old guys get all the breaks. They dont lose shift time because its bad enough that JC's shutdown pair is 5 and 63 now.

that is when JC gets this team and you give the perfect example. Just seeing the look on Kanes face after that empty netter when Keith could not stop a puck sent back to the point and could not catch up to the guy going for the empty net showed alot. You gotta wonder how sick of it he is and right now, he is probably the only big money guy on the team they can trade for a rebuild. But they know leaving us with Toews, Keith and Seabrook is dooming this team.

as far as not sitting Keith, I am pretty sure part of it is wanting him to catch seabrook in the games played stats.

Which is still horseshit if Keith is very sick, and moreso if he's getting most of the icetime. That's just shitty coaching--like "Fresh Legs" shitty.

I don't think the letters matter much. Hossa rarely wore one and we know he was a de facto leader of the team. Easily as much as Toews, Keith, and Seabs. I don't think giving Kane a letter matters much in the long run.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow, Washington had Hawkitis, terrible defense. Caggs doing his best Shaw interpretation with Kane and Toews, kinda like it, other than Kunitz and AA on the fourth line providing no forecheck.

How about that save by Delia, if you missed it, it should be on most highlight shows as a top play for this month or year, but then lets one squeak thru.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seems like with Hayden forecheck is better.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Seems like with Hayden forecheck is better.

Hayden and/or Martinson with Kruger on the fourth line. AA can play but is so slow, its like Haydon is that Mighty duck guy that can skate fast but has trouble stopping.

Just dont see what they see in Kunitz to have put Martinson back at Rockford.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hayden and/or Martinson with Kruger on the fourth line. AA can play but is so slow, its like Haydon is that Mighty duck guy that can skate fast but has trouble stopping.

Just dont see what they see in Kunitz to have put Martinson back at Rockford.

Can't move him; he like Ward has an NMC.

Ideally he's be in the pressbox unless someone goes down, but as we've seen JC handles personnel about as well as Q did during the "fresh legs" fiasco.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Can't move him; he like Ward has an NMC.

Ideally he's be in the pressbox unless someone goes down, but as we've seen JC handles personnel about as well as Q did during the "fresh legs" fiasco.

I cant find that anywhere. Kunitz and Ward were signed on the same day and the articles mentioned both but Ward had the NMC. It made no sense to give it to Kunitz. I am not saying you are wrong, and its almost expected from Bowman, but I thought Kunitz just got the guaranteed million.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant find that anywhere. Kunitz and Ward were signed on the same day and the articles mentioned both but Ward had the NMC. It made no sense to give it to Kunitz. I am not saying you are wrong, and its almost expected from Bowman, but I thought Kunitz just got the guaranteed million.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks

Kunitz is listed as a 35+ contract and an NMC.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks

Kunitz is listed as a 35+ contract and an NMC.

I just am trying to figure this out, thats all, from cap friendly

What is a 35-plus contract?
If a player signs a multi-year contract and is age 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to the year of the effective contract), the players individual cap hit counts against the teams cap hit regardless of whether, or where, the player is active. However, there is one circumstance in which there is a cap hit reduction, a team will receive a $100,000 relief off of the teams salary cap hit, if a player is playing in the minor leagues after the first year of their contract.

The 35+ rule was introduced in the 2005 CBA and was intended to prevent teams from burying veteran players in the AHL, or from front-loading contracts to draw players to signing with them. One result of the rule is that it has lead to teams signing short one or two year contracts with veteran players, to prevent the possibility of being stuck with the players full cap hit if they are injured or unable to produce.

On a related note, over the previous couple years there has been significant confusion as to whether a buyout does or does not receive a cap benefit for 35-plus contract. The most recent understanding is that bought out 35-plus contracts do not receive a cap hit benefit, as is explained by Michael Russo. More details on this are available at the Buyout FAQ

So I am not sure if NMC means he cannot be moved to Rockford so they could bury his contract, or the fact he cannot be dealt, since there are also NTC stipulations. That seems to be what the 35+ stipulation was put in place more for, so they could put them in their affiliate system.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just am trying to figure this out, thats all, from cap friendly

What is a 35-plus contract?
If a player signs a multi-year contract and is age 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to the year of the effective contract), the players individual cap hit counts against the teams cap hit regardless of whether, or where, the player is active. However, there is one circumstance in which there is a cap hit reduction, a team will receive a $100,000 relief off of the teams salary cap hit, if a player is playing in the minor leagues after the first year of their contract.

The 35+ rule was introduced in the 2005 CBA and was intended to prevent teams from burying veteran players in the AHL, or from front-loading contracts to draw players to signing with them. One result of the rule is that it has lead to teams signing short one or two year contracts with veteran players, to prevent the possibility of being stuck with the players full cap hit if they are injured or unable to produce.

On a related note, over the previous couple years there has been significant confusion as to whether a buyout does or does not receive a cap benefit for 35-plus contract. The most recent understanding is that bought out 35-plus contracts do not receive a cap hit benefit, as is explained by Michael Russo. More details on this are available at the Buyout FAQ

So I am not sure if NMC means he cannot be moved to Rockford so they could bury his contract, or the fact he cannot be dealt, since there are also NTC stipulations. That seems to be what the 35+ stipulation was put in place more for, so they could put them in their affiliate system.

The stipulations are separate.

NMC means he can't be moved without his consent. Period. End of discussion.

If he consents to being moved (traded or Rockforded), the 35+ clauses come into play. Thus If Kunitz says, "I'll play in Rockford" all of his $1M is counted against the cap if he passes waivers. So if he's unclaimed Kunitz still costs the 'hawks 1M in cap. Contrast that to, Say, Caligula (for the sake of discussion--I don't want him demoted :)) If he was waived and cleared waivers, 1.025 of his cap can be buried--so his buried cap hit is less than 400k.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can Bowman be accountable yet? We thought he had the worst roster in nhl...and Q made that a .500 team without Crow for most. Q is kinda who we thought he was then...one of the best ever.

Team is trash now...unwatchable save for a few guys.

Time is running low for a new philosophy that might salvage the skeleton that remains.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kaner did a great job being the old guy at the challenge night. Led off the puck handling and did not lose it at the beginning like last year. I would have liked to see him do that miserable passing challenge or gotten in to hardest shot so we could see what his slapper really is, but he let the kids have their time in the spotlight.

Amazing it still seems like kaner is 25.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Like downtown today.... it's very quiet and beautiful here.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Didn't think he could be sent there. Probably the best thing for him at this point. At least he'll get icetime since JC is overusing Keith

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

JC is a tard and StanBo needs to go. I don't see how shuffling your top draft pick between Chicago and Rockford develops his talent.