Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox Favored To Sign Will Ohman

Ohman is one of my favorite ex cubs :(

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
someone please tell me why we are signing him.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i guess he can be a lefty for out of control games. just a serviceable guy. better him than what we had with randy williams last year

Do you know what LOOGY means? LOL.

a .298/.348/.646 line vs. LHH is pretty good. I'd take that. But, it's all in how Ozzie uses him.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Anybody is better than Williams but I really dont want him, I never trust primarily NL pitchers coming to the AL, they typically dont fare well.

OPWhiteSoxfan

Liked Posts:
Another nice move by Kenny. Sale fills in for Peavy in the rotation until Jake is ready to return and then Sale becomes another late inning big weapon for Ozzie to use. I like it.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
If the Sox infact put sale into the rotation they had better work on his mechanics

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im not a fan of the money, he was going to get that somewhere else anyway. but this move means a few things, yes i see chris sale in the rotation(which sucks), and i dont see us getting soriano now.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Yes this all but nixes Soriano. I would be shocked! But "We're all in!" so never say never

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Ohman lol.... Hate him as a pitcher, love the guy as a person. He will drive you nuts when he is on the mound. But the dude loves to interact with the fans. Addison and i were at a cubs/sox game a couple years ago and he was shaggin balls in the outfield i told him that i would never boo his ass again if he gave me a baseball. He responded You promise? I told him yes. He said So if i give up a two run bomb and catch you booing i get to throw another baseball at you but much harder? I agreed and never booed the guy again.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rather have Ohman than pay like 10 MM for Soriano. 10 MM(or so) a year for Soriano plus a first round draft pick is NOT worth it. At all.

sure, but if they have the money, use it.

we all know relievers are inconsistent year to year, but you are going to need someone for the 9th inning. you cannot just throw out anyone to close games. you dont have to have the best, but someone that can get the job done ( i dont need the 9th inning flash of a wilson,rivera,nathan)

to try to win a WS I wouldnt want to test the "3 closers" in 1 season routine again like in 05 with tak, hermanson, and jenks.