My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Week 17​

Chicago Bears (11-4 1st in the NFC North) @ Minnesota (8-6-1 2nd in NFC North)

chi.png
@
min.png

Kickoff 3:25 p.m. CST
TV: FOX (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews)
Radio: WBBM 780. FADE TO BLACK & Tom Thayer on the call. Mark Grote on the sideline.
All-time: Vikings lead 60-53-2

Skylights-Allow-Sunlight-and-Skyline-Views.jpg

Injury Report
Vikings
OUT
Chad Beebe, CJ Ham, Eric Kendricks, Marcus Sherels
QUESTIONABLE
Tom Compton and Xavier Rhodes

Bears
OUT

DOUBTFUL
Eddie Jackson, Allen Robinson, Aaron Lynch

QUESTIONABLE
Bilal Nichols

Random former Vikings Player of the Week

K Paul Edinger

pauledinger_82902905.gif

Random former Bears Player of the Week

K Paul Edinger

image259511x.jpg

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeepers OP.

You just had to throw the kickers up there...didn't you?!?!?

If this game comes down to another wide miss by The Cody...I am taking away your IGT privileges for the playoffs, young man.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Jeepers OP.

You just had to throw the kickers up there...didn't you?!?!?

If this game comes down to another wide miss by The Cody...I am taking away your IGT privileges for the playoffs, young man.
Best Mod move I’ve seen in ages.

scott60610

Liked Posts:
It is really unlikely the Rams will lose on Sunday vs. SF.

I think the Bears should rest their starters on Sunday and basically intentionally try to lose the game.

a) If the Bears win and Eagles win, then the Vikings would be out, and the Bears would most likely play the Eagles in the 1st playoff game. I'd still like the Bears in that one, however, I'd rather play the Vikings. They (Minnesota) are not that good, dome teams don't fare well in the cold weather, and Cousins is something like 4-25 all time vs. teams with a winning record. Plus the Bears have already beaten MIN at home.

b) The Vikings are a hard/tough team, and even play dirty in my opinion. Case in point the late hit by Harrison Smith that made Trubisky miss two games. If the Bears play the starters, and especially if we start out hot and take the lead, the Vikings could get frustrated and start going after key players like Trubisky, Cohen, Mack, etc.. Plus It is already on tape from the 49ers game that the Bears will react on the sidelines if there is an incident, and that could cause a Bears player(s) to get injured or suspended for the playoffs.

c) If the Bears go out on Sunday with the starters and use the regular plays, that just puts more stuff out there on film/tape, and it gives the playoff opponent more to look at scouting wise. This is especially true if the Vikings do win, because then the two teams would play one another in the 1st playoff game and that would just be even more of an advantage with the two games back-to-back as well as the game previously played at Soldier Field.

d) Yes I would rather get the # 2 seed and have the home field advantage and bye week. The Bears had the earliest bye week out of NFL team, and could probably use the rest/recovery. However, again it is 95% unlikely that both the Bears will win @ Minnesota AND the Rams will lose vs. SF. Let's just call it a day at 11-5 record, end the Vikings season in playoff Game # 1, and then take our chances in the Divisional Round @ LA Rams. We have already beaten the Rams before, and I believe we can do it again even on the road. There are so many Chicagoans living in LA/SoCal/West Coast that the crowd would be over 50% Bears fans....

Thoughts? What else am I missing? I am confident either way because I believe if the Bears are the # 3 seed they can beat Minnesota or Philadelphia. Seattle is another matter, because they have a good team and Wilson could win on the road. However, it is 99% sure the Seahawks will beat Arizona in the final game of the season and secure the # 5 seed, so unless the Rams lose and the Bears win Sunday, the 1st playoff game will be Bears vs. Vikings or Eagles.

Another thing too. I don't want to play Philly. They are the Super Bowl Champions. Plus, like Nagy, Doug Pederson also comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree, and since the two coaches are so close, I think other than Reid, Pederson would have the best chance of knowing what is in Nagy's mind and how to defend/beat it... Our CBs, especially Prince, are the weak links. Yes, I know Fuller made the Pro Bowl, but he struggles against elite and big/tall receivers like Alshon for example. Golden Tate has always been a Bears killer, Agholor is quality as well. And Foles is on a hot streak now too.

Bears vs. Eagles would be one heck of a game entertainment and strategy-wise, similar to the heavyweight title fight feel of the Bears vs. Rams. I just don't want to see it... bring on the Vikings and let's end their season at Soldier Field.

Thoughts??

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I want the number 2 seed, and I really believe that the Rams will lose on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Paul edlinger was a viking?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I want the number 2 seed, and I really believe that the Rams will lose on Sunday.

I want a 2 seed just to shake things up. But if we are gonn win, it means winning in LA and NO...I'm good with that.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't believe in taking the day off or not giving 100%. Wins are always the way to go. Enter the playoffs on a hot streak.

scott60610

Liked Posts:
I'm with you my frien', I just stand behind what I wrote earlier.

Since Chicago is the, 'Second City,' maybe we are destined to be the # 2 seed.

Wouldn't it be something if Da Bears take care of business on Sunday, and then Robbie Gould hits the game winning FG for the 49ers to knock the Rams down to # 3!

SF has a decent team. That was one of the hardest games of the season the Bears struggled with offensively. SF has a good D, tight end, and RB. They prob would have been a playoff team had Jimmy G. not gotten hurt.

Gurley II out for Rams, and Marcus Sherels is out for Minny.

Let's Go Bears! CHI ---> LA ----> New Orleans ---> Atlanta ---> Parade on Michigan Ave. !

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

I think the Bears should rest their starters on Sunday and basically intentionally try to lose the game.

a) If the Bears win and Eagles win, then the Vikings would be out, and the Bears would most likely play the Eagles in the 1st playoff game. I'd still like the Bears in that one, however, I'd rather play the Vikings. They (Minnesota) are not that good, dome teams don't fare well in the cold weather, and Cousins is something like 4-25 all time vs. teams with a winning record. Plus the Bears have already beaten MIN at home.

b) The Vikings are a hard/tough team, and even play dirty in my opinion. Case in point the late hit by Harrison Smith that made Trubisky miss two games. If the Bears play the starters, and especially if we start out hot and take the lead, the Vikings could get frustrated and start going after key players like Trubisky, Cohen, Mack, etc.. Plus It is already on tape from the 49ers game that the Bears will react on the sidelines if there is an incident, and that could cause a Bears player(s) to get injured or suspended for the playoffs.

c) If the Bears go out on Sunday with the starters and use the regular plays, that just puts more stuff out there on film/tape, and it gives the playoff opponent more to look at scouting wise. This is especially true if the Vikings do win, because then the two teams would play one another in the 1st playoff game and that would just be even more of an advantage with the two games back-to-back as well as the game previously played at Soldier Field.

d) Yes I would rather get the # 2 seed and have the home field advantage and bye week. The Bears had the earliest bye week out of NFL team, and could probably use the rest/recovery. However, again it is 95% unlikely that both the Bears will win @ Minnesota AND the Rams will lose vs. SF. Let's just call it a day at 11-5 record, end the Vikings season in playoff Game # 1, and then take our chances in the Divisional Round @ LA Rams. We have already beaten the Rams before, and I believe we can do it again even on the road. There are so many Chicagoans living in LA/SoCal/West Coast that the crowd would be over 50% Bears fans....

Thoughts? What else am I missing? I am confident either way because I believe if the Bears are the # 3 seed they can beat Minnesota or Philadelphia. Seattle is another matter, because they have a good team and Wilson could win on the road. However, it is 99% sure the Seahawks will beat Arizona in the final game of the season and secure the # 5 seed, so unless the Rams lose and the Bears win Sunday, the 1st playoff game will be Bears vs. Vikings or Eagles.

Another thing too. I don't want to play Philly. They are the Super Bowl Champions. Plus, like Nagy, Doug Pederson also comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree, and since the two coaches are so close, I think other than Reid, Pederson would have the best chance of knowing what is in Nagy's mind and how to defend/beat it... Our CBs, especially Prince, are the weak links. Yes, I know Fuller made the Pro Bowl, but he struggles against elite and big/tall receivers like Alshon for example. Golden Tate has always been a Bears killer, Agholor is quality as well. And Foles is on a hot streak now too.

Bears vs. Eagles would be one heck of a game entertainment and strategy-wise, similar to the heavyweight title fight feel of the Bears vs. Rams. I just don't want to see it... bring on the Vikings and let's end their season at Soldier Field.

Thoughts??

You must be blocking 2010 out of the memory. When Lovie Smith didn't play hard and let the Packers in the playoffs. How did that work out for everyone again? You step on the Vikings throat and send them to their offseason, nothing less.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
I just got to say their newish stadium looks pretty cool on the inside.

scott60610

Liked Posts:
What you're saying would be spot on if the Vikings were a great team with a great QB like the 2010 Packers. But they are not. Hopefully Philly loses to Washington somehow so this will all be a moot point. Whether it's the Wild Card Round or the Divisional Round, I'd rather play Minnesota over Philadelphia 100 times out of 100.

Let's Go Bears!

You must be blocking 2010 out of the memory. When Lovie Smith didn't play hard and let the Packers in the playoffs. How did that work out for everyone again? You step on the Vikings throat and send them to their offseason, nothing less.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thoughts??

The Vikings are a good team and they have a much better run game than the Eagles. A strong run game can beat this defense and has proven to do so this year. I would much rather face a team that will have to pass it 40+ times.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
With the sheer amount of shit talk coming from the Vikings fanbase, they better win big today. I've noted a few of them on Facebook, just in case I need to remind them of their place later tonight. I usually would never do that, but they've been beyond obnoxious.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
12m
#Vikings star safety Harrison Smith says he had no ill intent on the hit that injured Mitch Trubisky six weeks ago. But one #Bears starter told me players will have it in the back of their heads today.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
BigAl reporting for duty.......................LETS GO BEAR!!!! LETS GO BEARS!!!!!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Off topic, but has anyone seen any posts from 'ol Shoopster this season?????

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breaking news: Eli Manning continues to suck. Film at 11

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk