Stan at it again Mandog traded to Edmonton

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised we got anything of value for Mandog and that contract. Caggulia will probably bump Sikura back to the Rock

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't complain.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Can't complain.

What we complain about is Bowman bringing him in here in the first place, another player who can not play in the system. You figured when JC took over, a change in D might have gotten Manning back into the mix, but he chose, or got chosen Dahlstrom. We had 9 starting the year, left the picks out of it, got down to 7 and still brought him in.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What we complain about is Bowman bringing him in here in the first place, another player who can not play in the system. You figured when JC took over, a change in D might have gotten Manning back into the mix, but he chose, or got chosen Dahlstrom. We had 9 starting the year, left the picks out of it, got down to 7 and still brought him in.
If the rumor is true that Manning was only here because Q wanted him, then you can't complain. Q's no longer here and Manning was Zyuzin-level worthless. Stan for all his faults parlayed him and a prospect going nowhere for Caligula and Mr. Garrison (who likely is Rockforded).

Should he have never been signed? No. But at least Stan cut his losses unlike the Runblad debacle.

I still think the 'hawks have to make it close to the playoffs for Stan to keep his job though.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Manning was the worst defenseman in a notably weak group...might have been the worst Hawk not in Rockford. The fact that Bowman got anything for his useless ass is astounding.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If the rumor is true that Manning was only here because Q wanted him, then you can't complain. Q's no longer here and Manning was Zyuzin-level worthless. Stan for all his faults parlayed him and a prospect going nowhere for Caligula and Mr. Garrison (who likely is Rockforded).

Should he have never been signed? No. But at least Stan cut his losses unlike the Runblad debacle.

I still think the 'hawks have to make it close to the playoffs for Stan to keep his job though.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It still goes back to never recovering after dumping Leddy, and the never ending get the betteran defender in here. Go back to Trevor Daley, never fit here. Look at Kempny doing well and winning in Washington. Seemed like we heard about Dahlstrom and Gus for ages and there was always a betteran to get signed. Considering what we have now, Seabrook, Keith, Murphy, Joker with Dahlstrom, Gus, Forsling, Davidson who made the PTO deal, are we counting on the kids that could have made this team if not for bringing in two vets? If they make yet another move to get another old guy in here next year I will officially be stumped. Thats not even mentioning who is in Rockford now and if any of them have the talent that Dahlstom does.

Eventually its getting back to the system. I really thought we would see more of Ejdsell in the AA role this year and he has yet to be called up.

So ok, give him the props for getting something for nothing, from a team that thought he was nothing, but the limited faith in the system is what got us in this mess. I find it pretty hard to believe that Bowman did anything Q asked for.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Garrison unconditionally waived after he refused to report to rockford.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Martinsen placed on waivers.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Soooo... we got picks back then? I'm ok with that still, but why did we have to throw a prospect in ourselves?