I hope we finally put 1985 behind us.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying we need to forget about the 1985 Bears. I am just saying it would be nice to put them behind us, in the sense we have a more recent championship to talk about. 1985 Bears will always be talked about. But when opposing fans give us shit, they always point out it has been 33 years since the 1985 Bears. Then they point out that we lost to the Colts. And they always come out with books and documentaries about 1985 Bears. I have read and watched them all, but I would like to start reading books and watching documentaries about the 2018 Bears. Much more recent!

So to summarize, the 1985 Bears will always live on forever, but it would be nice to celebrate something much more recent!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Ravens were sick... and the bucs Tampa 2 is actually still relevant... just not as a base defense...
The Tampa 2 is a defense, not a team.

Yes, the Ravens were an extremely good defense, but, even there, the Ravens are not the team mentioned when people start talking about defenses.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying we need to forget about the 1985 Bears. I am just saying it would be nice to put them behind us, in the sense we have a more recent championship to talk about. 1985 Bears will always be talked about. But when opposing fans give us shit, they always point out it has been 33 years since the 1985 Bears. Then they point out that we lost to the Colts. And they always come out with books and documentaries about 1985 Bears. I have read and watched them all, but I would like to start reading books and watching documentaries about the 2018 Bears. Much more recent!

So to summarize, the 1985 Bears will always live on forever, but it would be nice to celebrate something much more recent!

Ok, good points but bad thread title?

You should have used something like, the 2018 Bears Will Add the Next Chapter of Championship Football.

This way, you are adding to the history, not trying to replace it.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Wow 85 Bears SB champs envy, WTF is that shit? Just because they were one of the most iconic and historical teams that happened to win it all before some of you were even rolling around in your daddy's nutsack, doesn't mean they will be put to rest or forgotten. They made history and probably made your older family members and friends happy and proud to be Bears fan. Hell I still like to rewind and look back at the 1963 team..You'll see if you happen to get older someday and they go through a 30 year drought..

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wow 85 Bears SB champs envy, WTF is that shit? Just because they were one of the most iconic and historical teams that happened to win it all before some of you were even rolling around in your daddy's nutsack, doesn't mean they will be put to rest or forgotten. They made history and probably made your older family members and friends happy and proud to be Bears fan. Hell I still like to rewind and look back at the 1963 team..You'll see if you happen to get older someday and they go through a 30 year drought..

Message!

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
These fucking Special person millennials. What a waste of a generation

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
'85 Team is popular with media, because they were ALL over pop culture in the 80's when football was beginning to shine and compete with America's sport. Chicago was also considered the staple of America's working class at the time, where many movies and tv shows were set in to appeal to a broader range of audience. I don't know of too many Bear fans living in the past, as some like to mention.. But that team will never go away.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
There are teams from every era. I am sure virginia never wants to forget about the 1940 and 41 teams. And the 63 bears are probably in her heart forever.

No one will ever put the 6 championships the bulls won for a hundred years too.

Young whipper snappers should look up how dominant that 85 team was. The Pat's had -6 yards at halftime I believe. They stand in every fan of every team from that era, not just bears fans.

Monster

Liked Posts:
That team is an icon for any number of reasons... that doesn’t go away.
If you say Bears SB... sports fans almost all know 1985.
If you say that about any other team they have to look it up... quick... Redskins SB?

You get the point... some teams are just immortal... quick... 1972 champions?
I’d bet most here know that answer without a phone.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like many here I lived through the glorious 85 season and reveled in it. The Bears had been so bad for so long prior to 1984 that it felt like vindication to see them not just win, but beat (nearly) everyone's ass.

That being said, I'm ready to see those old dudes replaced.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Essentially, there are two iconic teams in the history of the modern NFL, the '72 Dolphins for perfection and the '85 Bears for the gold standard in defense. That's it. There have been a lot of really great teams that dominated and then simply passed into the back pages of NFL history. A year before the '85 Bears, the '84 49ers went 15-1 and dominated that season. I can't recall the last time I heard the national media even mention them. But any time an NFL defense emerges as dominant, it gets compared to the '85 Bears by everyone, not just Bears fans. I'm sure the current Bears defensive players are delighted to be drawing comparisons, not because of the team tie-in but because of the comparison to excellence. Just stop with the whining about the never ending comps to the '85 Bears, and embrace them instead...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I've been taking this season, one game at a time. Just because we were supposed to go like, 9-7, 10-6, after the Mack trade. 12-4 and a dominant defense with a good offense? Never expected it to get this far. I know we will probably beat Philadelphia, and I am not afraid of Dallas, New Orleans, Los Angeles either. Seahawks are hot, but they'll have to come to Chicago, so I'm not worried there either.

I am hoping that this season, or perhaps the next (like how the Cubs were the NLCS runner-up before winning it all, same for the Blackhawks in 2009), we can finally, for once and for all, put the 1985 Bears behind us!
If a Meatball could talk

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Well Chargers fans hope they can finally win one and the Chiefs haven't won one in 50 years. Cowboys had their dynasty in the 90s. The Saints won one 9 years ago. The Colts won one 12 years ago. The Patriots had their dynasty spanning almost 20 years. The Rams won one about 20 years ago. And the Ravens won like 5 or 6 years ago. The Bears haven't won in 33 years and quite frankly I don't care if there's a team like the Chargers who have never won one 'cause I'm a Bears fan and want to see them beat everybody and win the championship every year but but but the Bears are still far from the most due team to win a championship. The Bears haven't had a dynasty since the 1940s. For that they are due!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If this was you in 2006, you might be too young to remember 1985.
AyoJL.jpg

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Funny but some Bears fans (maybe not on CCS) were a direct result of the '85 Bears winning the Super Bowl.

As an example there was a huge increase of babies in Philly that were born 9 months after their Super Bowl win.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
If Fangio stays, he has a chance to build a legendary defense. If the Bears win a Super Bowl during that timeframe, it will steal a lot of the limelight. Especially if Trubisky and the Team plays well for the next decade.

Without a doubt! If he stays, there's a good chance the Bears will win a whole bunch of championships within the next 10 years.