How About Eliminating the All Star gAme and Giving Teams a Bye Week?

garapp

Liked Posts:
I hate All Star games in every sports as many do. I recently read about a concept some fans have suggested-eliminate the All Star gAme and give every team a 4 to 7 day bye week at different times of the season, sort of like the NFL. I like that idea

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I'd increase the active roster to 28-30 players and let teams have a 25 Man game roster and schedule a few double headers to take aweek off the season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I would rather expand skill challenges during the all star week. I dont want to have floating bye weeks, take the same all star week off, but running, fielding, throwing to bases from the outfield, fastest pitch, those are the exciting things to watch in the other sports not the games. NHL has skill challenges, hardest shot and its much more fun than the games. NBA, pretty much the same.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would rather expand skill challenges during the all star week. I dont want to have floating bye weeks, take the same all star week off, but running, fielding, throwing to bases from the outfield, fastest pitch, those are the exciting things to watch in the other sports not the games. NHL has skill challenges, hardest shot and its much more fun than the games. NBA, pretty much the same.

And Baseball did that right around 1990 or so. I miss that. Great call!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd consider having the AS game/week after the season is over and let the players have a week off in the middle of the season.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
In a dome in the middle of november?
Such smalltime thinking. The pros are absolutely worn out by the end of the season and need rest. Entice them and their families to a vacation in a great climate to play the game, much like the Pro Bowl is in Hawaii. Take the game to the Dominican Republic or Japan. Make it really interesting for the players.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure that MLB makes profit hand over fist that break. If there wasn’t truck loads of cash then it would have died. SDP got a new stadium due to MLB calling out their old stadium and telling them no more ASG bids due to the poor facilities. Chargers pulled out and it is looking like a new SDSU dorm center.

So end of the story is profit drives decisions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Every ASG, in every sport should be cancelled.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways. It is a circus show. Old timers/skills/players play 2 innings on a exhibition. It really is no big deal honestly. They make some cash and the home city takes in a bunch. Some smaller markets finally turn a profit.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Such smalltime thinking. The pros are absolutely worn out by the end of the season and need rest. Entice them and their families to a vacation in a great climate to play the game, much like the Pro Bowl is in Hawaii. Take the game to the Dominican Republic or Japan. Make it really interesting for the players.

The probowl has been in Florida for a while now. It is played the weekend before the superbowl and the all stars from the super bowl teams do not play, so the all star game would not have representatives from the world series teams. I am sure the last things players want after a 162 game season is another baseball game.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The probowl has been in Florida for a while now. It is played the weekend before the superbowl and the all stars from the super bowl teams do not play, so the all star game would not have representatives from the world series teams. I am sure the last things players want after a 162 game season is another baseball game.
Kmowing some of them as I do, they don't. What does that have to do with an All Star game? Nothing.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I hate All Star games in every sports as many do. I recently read about a concept some fans have suggested-eliminate the All Star gAme and give every team a 4 to 7 day bye week at different times of the season, sort of like the NFL. I like that idea

Players don't have to play in the all-star game. They can decline.