My thoughts.....

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Obviously it’s extremely frustrating to not only us but the players to play a great season and a great game only to watch one guy throw it all away. Yes, Parkey sucks, that is not news to anybody. But I’m going to avoid the elephant in the room here and share my other thoughts.

1. Trey Burton

This may be a bit of a conspiracy theory but I think it’s quite possible Burton was never really injured. He was added late to the injury report, which is already strange enough. But we also know Trey Burton suffers from high levels of anxiety. Perhaps playing his former team in a win or go home situation raised his anxiety to the point where he was too uncomfortable to play. I’m not knocking Trey, it’s out of his control, but I just wanted to float this theory.

2. Miller catch fumble???

No doubt had us scratching our heads, how is it possible for something to be ruled a catch and an incompletion at the same time. The rule is dumb and needs to be fixed immediately, it’s just a shame it had to be exposed in a game the Bears were playing in.

3. Mitch

Had a pretty bad first half, highlighted by an awful throw moving to his right into the end zone (to Gabriel I believe) that should have been intercepted. Mitch cannot make mistakes like that and leave point off the board. Luckily for him the eagles defenders had stone hands. The second half was much better, Mitch was dropping dimes and conducted a phenomenal drive to give them the lead in the fourth quarter. This is exactly what we needed to see, that he can lead his team to victory in a high pressure situation. Mitch was good enough to win the game. I’d also like to remind people that this is his first career start in the playoffs, excellence doesn’t just happen (see Watson and Lamar Jackson). Mitch played well in his first career playoff game and I expect him to only get better.

4. Charles Leno

Leno is not as good as PFF and some Bears fans will tell you he is. He is not much better than Massie and has consistently given up pressures this season. If Mitch didn’t have the pocket awareness and scrambling ability he has, I guarantee you fans would have a different opinion of the guy. A play I would like to highlight is that option run early in the game. Mitch makes the correct read and pulls the ball to run himself when he sees the defender crash in to stop the running back. Leno is then one on one with Nigel Bradham, if he makes this block, Mitch is off for a big gain. However, Leno seemingly hesitates for no reason which allows Bradham to get by him to tackle Mitch no gain.

5. Nagy

This was not his best game coached by a long shot. I didn’t like his usage of the timeout at the end of the game when the should’ve hurried to the line and spiked it. I also don’t like his two point play calls. I’m tired of seeing random defenders on offense when they provide no advantage over an offensive player (I’m more talking about throwing a pass to Kwiatkowski rather than someone like Braunecker, not handoffs to Akiem Hicks where he scores because he’s too damn big). This play wasn’t nearly as bad because they gave it to an actual offensive player, but I still don’t understand why Khalil Mack needs to be out there like he’s going to catch a pass. I’m also tired of seeing Mizzell and Cunningham get carries, there’s really no reason for it when you have two healthy, perfectly fine running backs ahead of them who weren’t used nearly enough in this one. Some of the blame here may also fall on the RB’s coach but still, no excuses. Even with this all said, Nagy was still good enough to win.

6. One final note on Parkey

Yes, he should’ve been cut long ago, however I can see why they didn’t want to make changes. The kicker carousel hasn’t exactly worked out in recent years and the guys on the waiver wire aren’t exactly Adam Vinatieri’s and Morten Anderson’s. Most of those guys are rejects from other teams just like Parkey. I don’t know man, it just sucks, sorry this was so long. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osker

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Good analysis.
I want to add that you lean too much on your defense. The moment they play mediocre your impotent offense is exposed.

You didn’t lose because of Parkey, that was just bad luck, you lost because the Eagles were overall the better team.

Bottom line is that you (and all the experts) thought this would be an easy win. Playing the Eagles is never easy, now you know.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What was the big complaint early in the season with Gabriel? Too many rising attempts with him. He wasn’t going deep or vertical. Why the fuck Nagy and co went back to that crap now is beyond me. I thought they figured out he was best going deep.

In general Nagy went back to his early season play calling which was trash.

Eddie Jackson probably gets his hands on one of those Foles floaters today for another INT. Oh well.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I think the Bears missed Burton in a big way, but to speculate he missed the game due to anxiety? Cmon, the guy is a professional athlete and played in the Super Bowl last year. Not buying it.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Agreed on Mizzell. No idea why he gets reps. Burton definitely raised my eye brows with the last minute groin. Not sure why you dress Jackson and not play him.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
What was the big complaint early in the season with Gabriel? Too many rising attempts with him. He wasn’t going deep or vertical. Why the fuck Nagy and co went back to that crap now is beyond me. I thought they figured out he was best going deep.

In general Nagy went back to his early season play calling which was trash.

Eddie Jackson probably gets his hands on one of those Foles floaters today for another INT. Oh well.

Agreed, meatballs on the internet are praising Foles as some sort of god, when really he wasn’t very good at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears missed Burton in a big way, but to speculate he missed the game due to anxiety? Cmon, the guy is a professional athlete and played in the Super Bowl last year. Not buying it.

He also refused to throw the Philly special play earlier this year because it gave him anxiety. I don't think it's too far fetched. Very odd timing to say your groin hurts at 5am.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Who cares about any of this... The season is over. Next season could be a total blow 3-13... Injuries, trades, etc. It is about now and now we're just another team watching the game at home!