Seems like some need Mitch to win a superbowl in order to get off his ass

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Horribly horribly outcoached. Honestly besides parkey, thats the #1 person you can put this loss on. Nagy got his ass handed to him offensively nonstop in the first half and gave his defense no favors.

He got severely outcoached. But the players lost the game. Coaches don't miss FGs or tackles like the defense did on the Eagles winning drive.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Worst part, when I saw it bounce off the crossbar I figured it went in and the Parkey story would make a stupid/cute turn around.

That crossed my mind too briefly. That would have been poetry had that happened.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He got severely outreached. But the players lost the game. Coaches don't miss FGs or tackles like the defense did on the Eagles winning drive.

He doesn't make defensive decisions. You can fully blame the offensive ineptidue for nearly the first 3 quarters on Nagy. He didn't adjust. Defense didn't play good but they played well enough to win. Yes, a championship defense doesn't give up that last drive, but a championship offense adjusts to what the defense was giving you. Nagy refused to do that for the majority of the game.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He outplayed Nick Foles and lead the Bears to what should have been a game winning FG at the end.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ending the season by missing a kick sucks.

Ending a season by that kicker hitting the upright is fitting, and sucks enormously.

Ending a season by that kicker hitting the upright, and then it dropping onto the crossbar before bouncing out, is just the universe being fucking evil.
Some losses are harder to accept than others. This is the hardest to accept that I can remember. Then the talking heads keep talking about Foles magic after Nagy calls the worst possible play on the 2 point conversion and Parkey proves no kicker in the NFL can be iced more effectively. I hate talking heads. Feelin' some outright rage here.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same usual suspects saying Mitch didn't play a good game, big shocker.

Threw for the most yards in wildcard weekend, and no it wasn't garbage stats like Watson/Jackson. Had over a 100 yard passer rating, led TWO potential game winning drives.

Get off his ass, its not his fault his head coach can't call playoff games and was completely out classed by his predecessor. When his team needed him he stepped up when called upon, unfortunately his teammates did not hear that call.

Why do you need everyone around you to have the same opinion? Stupid or not, its never going to happen. I mean, what are you looking for here?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some losses are harder to accept than others. This is the hardest to accept that I can remember. Then the talking heads keep talking about Foles magic after Nagy calls the worst possible play on the 2 point conversion and Parkey proves no kicker in the NFL can be iced more effectively. I hate talking heads. Feelin' some outright rage here.

This is right up there with the 2013 season finale (also a playoff game for all intents and purposes).

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I knew as soon as he made the kick that didn't count that the next one would miss. Took me a few minutes to actually believe it happened.

I thought the same exact thing. When he kicked it I yelled out "you fucking idiot!!! Why'd you kick the fucking ball!!! Game over! No way he makes this" Aaaaand boom went the dynamite.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Ending the season by missing a kick sucks.

Ending a season by that kicker hitting the upright is fitting, and sucks enormously.

Ending a season by that kicker hitting the upright, and then it dropping onto the crossbar before bouncing out, is just the universe being fucking evil.

This... a hundred thousand times.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Threw for the most yards in wildcard weekend, and no it wasn't garbage stats like Watson/Jackson. Had over a 100 yard passer rating, led TWO potential game winning drives.

Get off his ass, its not his fault his head coach can't call playoff games and was completely out classed by his predecessor. When his team needed him he stepped up when called upon, unfortunately his teammates did not hear that call.

I’m not one of those guys that need his to win a super bowl. I got his back. But his quarterback rating today was 89.6 passer rating.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

Monster

Liked Posts:

Here Here... or Dilly Dilly

It was right there... right fucking there!

Monster

Liked Posts:
I’m not one of those guys that need his to win a super bowl. I got his back. But his quarterback rating today was 89.6 passer rating.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

That’s actually pretty damn solid for playoffs... I think the only one higher this weekend was Wilson at 105.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky needs to look at himself in the fucking mirror, come back more committed next year and start making those fucking field goals he missed..other then that I thought he did well for a kid in a new offensive system, with a new rookie head coach who thinks he is smarter then everyone else in the league. He and Nagy get a pass from me because they both exceeded expectations..

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Is it so hard for the fans of Mitch to not say that today, at the very least, he was wildly inconsistent? If someone says "he made no good throws" then you know that's not true but the offense and Nagy had a lot of success when Mitch was schemed to get the ball deep. In the NFL, that's a lot harder to do than reading a coverage or a play and throwing to the primary read. On a lot of plays in an offense, that's what you need to do. On some plays (because the defense gets paid too), you have to be able to move on and find another play. With Mitch, those secondary options are basically not there so it's why people think Nagy calls a shit game. I have no idea if Nagy called a shit game, there are some obvious great play calls and some obvious poor ones but until you get the all-22 and see what he called against a defense, it's impossible to judge Nagy's "decision" to throw short passes. I tend to imagine Nagy didn't have the entire offense running four yard routes for the first 25 minutes by design.

Foles threw one pass right to the Bears, they caught it. He had another interception because Roquan just took the ball away. Mitch had three passes (the long across the flat, the overturned pick, the drop in the end zone) where it was a terrible decision coupled with a worse throw and was a near disaster. It's tough for me to say any QB who has that many woefully bad passes played a good game. I mean he's the reason they got down the field late of course with a few good throws but he's also the reason the team with :30 left only got one good play because he was indecisive what to do after the completition in bounds and the clock forced him to spike it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Blame the playcalling that tried to make him a game manager.

How can you blame the guy when his first read is a 1-5 yard pass nearly every attempt.

He is a game manager.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sadly, I can. I expected him to miss, now hitting the upright and crossbar(?) in one field goal was his masterpiece.

I expected the upright. The crossbar was just a troll by Parkway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is a game manager.

Pretty sure game managers don’t lead their team on two potential game winning drives.

You could be happy about the future, and seeing we have a potential franchise quarterback considering how his peers have performed in the playoffs, but nah, fuck it, say he played bad and he is a game manager

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

His passer rating was 89.9 which is below league average this year. Are you giving him some Bear homer adjustment.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401038954

Simple request. Perhaps next year, Mitch and the O can score more than the 31st ranked offense in the NFL in the playoffs. That would be a great start. Bears fans so accustomed to shit offense that ya'll literally praising a guy that oversaw again what would be the 31st ranked offense with a passer rating that would be below league average.

Newsflash. Every QB in the NFL is capable of making plays. The good ones make enough so that their teams score more than 15-18 points. It is like ya'll think that just because Mitch makes a few beautiful passes, he is blameless.