Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not buy the Cody Parkey symapthy tour

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PickSix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This kicker thing really is a bad situation for the Bears going forward.
    You all can forget about the Gould returning dream. Or any other high priced FA for that matter. Pace has a tight cap situation for next year and will not be using $9 mill ($5 mill dead and $4 mill for a new guy).
    Drafting a low cost kicker probably isn’t in the cards.
    Bringing in a group of unemployed cheap bums will be the likely scenario, and will lead to a never ending distracting media circus.
    Pace rolled the dice big time on this Parkey guy and crapped out.
    This is a big mess. Going to be interesting to see what path Pace takes on this.
    Yeah but something about the cheap bum that handles the pressure of fighting for his job every day in camp seems to at least make the guy reliable. Bears would be playing next week had they gone that route and found a gamer.

This is on pace...the curse of Robbie Gould

Quote Originally Posted by PickSix View Post
    This kicker thing really is a bad situation for the Bears going forward.
    You all can forget about the Gould returning dream. Or any other high priced FA for that matter. Pace has a tight cap situation for next year and will not be using $9 mill ($5 mill dead and $4 mill for a new guy).
    Drafting a low cost kicker probably isnít in the cards.
    Bringing in a group of unemployed cheap bums will be the likely scenario, and will lead to a never ending distracting media circus.
    Pace rolled the dice big time on this Parkey guy and crapped out.
    This is a big mess. Going to be interesting to see what path Pace takes on this.
    Yup. Look for the Bears to draft a kicker in the 6th/7th this year, or bring in a rookie free agent and try out a bunch of vet minimums.

It's a necessary evil at this point. You can't bring Parkey back. You just can't. Pace will lose the very goodwill and credibility that he gained with hiring Nagy and the run to the playoffs. An entire fanbase against you isn't a small thing.

All-Star

Only reprieve the Bears might get is for Parkey to take a paycut to lower his cap hit so they can give extensions to Amos or Callahan. They certainly cannot afford to cut him due to being cap fucked unless they cut Long and Trevathan. Even though Pace did a pretty good job last offseason, the only downside was he put the club in a situation where they have no roster flexibility whatsoever for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1965 View Post
    Hes Chicagos new Steve Bartman of the Cubs infamy!
    Yeah but this time at least he's the real gulty

Bears Fan For Life TT&T dabears584's Avatar

Parkey 73% at Soldier Field and everybody else 94% at Soldier Field.

Parkey's first kick didn't make it by much, so he put more leg into the second kick and was obviously inaccurate.

43 yards is 43 yards. If he's worried about enough leg for that...
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

Fuck Cody Parkey. You have one job. Not reading defenses. Not tackling. Not running or catching the football. When your numbers called you are expected to execute it flawlessly. Time and time again this past season you didn’t. You obviously never corrected whatever problem you had with your mechanics. I have zero sympathy for you. Your ass deserves to be cut.

All-Star

Did anyone find out Cody Parker's address yet? I think he lives in the Chicago suburbs??

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnSUG View Post
    He deserves all that he is getting. Yes, including the fake death threats. ...
    I'll bet you're real fun at parties.

Did anyone find out Cody Parker's address yet? I think he lives in the Chicago suburbs??
    Nah, man. None of that. Come on.

For his own safety, Parkey's gotta get out of Chicago, man. There's no way he can show his face in the area. If he shows up for training camp, there's going to be a fucking riot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

All-Star

The Cody Parkey defense this morning is ridiculous. I thought I was over it but reading reddit and shit is just getting me pissed off again. It's all deflecting to "if the offense did more" if the defense did more" " it was deflected so its not his fault". That guys fingertip barely grazes the ball didnt change shit yet people all over the internet are using it to excuse Parkey.

The fact of the matter is NFL games are almost always close 1 score games. The rest of the team played well enough to win and put Parkey in position for what should be an easy game winning field goal. And he fucked it up. He's the second highest paid kicker in the league for some reason and deserves the hate being thrown his way. He had one job and cost us a playoff run. Fuck Cody Parkey and his feelings.

I don't know how people can defend the guy. He is one of the highest paid kickers in the league and only made 76.7% of field goals. That is a disgrace. An undrafted rookie could've done better. Just look at Yes, the death threats are insane and are not acceptable. However, he had one job and that was to kick a football. He should've been cut after the Lions game, but he wasn't and now it bit us in the ass. There is just no way you can bring the guy back. He will be booed at training camp and every single game relentlessly for the rest of his Bears career.
    "I am a pirate of near-mythical reputation, I am feared across the seven seas for my ruthlessness and sword-fighting prowess, and I am well known for taking no prisoners."

Hidden Content

Fuck you Cody Parkey, that is the last time I will ever utter your name because I know sure as hell your stupid fucking un-clutch ass will be gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    I'll bet you're real fun at parties.
    Parkey Defense Force out and about.

All-Star

From Dan Pompei 670 the score on Cody Parkey:

1. For the good of the Bears, their fans and Cody Parkey, itís time to move on, regardless of the cost. Signing him was a mistake. Personnel mistakes are understandable and forgivable. Compounding personnel mistakes by doubling down is neither understandable nor forgivable.

2. The problem with Parkey isnít one miss. Itís his 11 misses this season, including extra points. His 76.7 field goal percentage percent in the regular season was the third-worst mark in the NFL. And he failed to redeem himself in the franchiseís biggest moment in decades.

Personally I think he wont be cut right away, but there will be competition in training camp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oping00@gmail.com View Post
    From Dan Pompei 670 the score on Cody Parkey:

1. For the good of the Bears, their fans and Cody Parkey, it’s time to move on, regardless of the cost. Signing him was a mistake. Personnel mistakes are understandable and forgivable. Compounding personnel mistakes by doubling down is neither understandable nor forgivable.

2. The problem with Parkey isn’t one miss. It’s his 11 misses this season, including extra points. His 76.7 field goal percentage percent in the regular season was the third-worst mark in the NFL. And he failed to redeem himself in the franchise’s biggest moment in decades.

Personally I think he wont be cut right away, but there will be competition in training camp.
    They save $1m against the cap waiting until June 1. I think they will wait until then or maybe restructure Parkey's deal so they can get on with this breakup before then, but I dont have the slightest idea of how the latter would work.

Parkey Defense Force out and about.
    Did I hurt your feels, broflake?

BANNED

Did I hurt your feels, broflake?

Quit covering for you husband on message board bitchtits.

Quit covering for you husband on message board bitchtits.
    Yup, you got your feels hurt. What I thought.

BANNED

Yup, you got your feels hurt. What I thought.

Yea I can kinda sense how seething your rage is that someone would dare hate Cody Parkey for being a shitty kicker. Run back to Twitter, boy.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast