2019 opponents...get ready

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Better start thinking about how the Bears are going to get through this gauntlet! Dont get to beat up on Buffalo, New York, San Francisco, Tampa Bay etc next year:

HOME OPPONENTS:
Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs
Chargers
Saints

AWAY OPPONENTS
Eagles
Redskins
Broncos
Raiders
Rams

Have fun!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Don’t our fellow division rivals get most of that same gauntlet. Same as every year, beat up on the teams in your division and you will come out on top.
Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen.
It’s not a doom and gloom situation.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Don’t our fellow division rivals get most of that same gauntlet. Same as every year, beat up on the teams in your division and you will come out on top.
Just get to the playoffs and anything can happen.
It’s not a doom and gloom situation.

We get the Rams and Saints while the Vikings get Seahawks/Falcons and the Packers get 49ers/Panthers. So yeah, Packers get two free wins while Bears get two of the toughest opponents in the NFL.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If there's any consolation...

@Rams and @WAS are pretty trash home-field for those teams and @OAK will probably be played in London.

...otoh @Philly is tough and Denver's home field makes a winnable game into an at-best coin flip. So even one of the "easy" opponents is going to be a dogfight.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
We get the Rams and Saints while the Vikings get Seahawks/Falcons and the Packers get 49ers/Panthers. So yeah, Packers get two free wins while Bears get two of the toughest opponents in the NFL.

That does seem to be quite favorable to the Pack. We will just have to make sure to sweep the Pack to make it even and win the tie breaker.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Things change in a year — every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swz01

Liked Posts:
the road games don't look too bad. WAS, DEN, and OAK will be terrible and LAR is more or less a home game. If we get the Chargers or Saints in late November/December even better. I hope we get most of our division games early in the season next year so we know how important the hard games will be.

swz01

Liked Posts:
If there's any consolation...

@Rams and @WAS are pretty trash home-field for those teams and @OAK will probably be played in London.

...otoh @Philly is tough and Denver's home field makes a winnable game into an at-best coin flip. So even one of the "easy" opponents is going to be a dogfight.

Denver just fired their coach though the new one might want to cut Keenum. They could be starting a rookie QB or another washed up vet. Alex Smith might not play football again so WAS could have a rookie QB also. Derek Carr could be a trade candidate as well. 2 of those 3 teams should be really bad.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
ill admit, i had no expectations for this team going into the season. but going 12-4 and making the playoffs, i felt like maybe this was their time and they needed to strike while the iron was hot. i know theyre young, but theres but theres no guarantee theyll be a playoff team again.

next year is going to be tough. i wouldnt be surprised if well need to sweep the division to top 8-8. on a bright note at least the rest of our division should suck.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
"First place schedule" only affects 2 games. Everyone in the division plays the same teams.

As we've seen year after year after year, we don't know who's going to be good next year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

49ers with potentially healthy QB and RBs. That could be a decent offense. Panthers are no pushover. They definitely had a down 2nd half of the season. But they're good enough to compete with the Packers.

We will clearly have the harder schedule, but not by THAT much.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It will be time for Mitch to put up or shut up. Address the Oline in the off season and let the dice roll. No more excuses for the mitch wagon

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I like how people on Jan. 7 think they know who's going to be good and bad on Sept. 8.

I've seen this movie before.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like how people on Jan. 7 think they know who's going to be good and bad on Sept. 8.

I've seen this movie before.

Injury here or there, FA here or there- that "first place schedule" might turn out to be a cake walk.

Besides- We saw the bears slap the shit out of the rams as well as step on their own dicks against the giants, so I will worry about the games as they come.

All in all it was a fun year that wound up being pretty damn decent.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Injury here or there, FA here or there- that "first place schedule" might turn out to be a cake walk.

Besides- We saw the bears slap the shit out of the rams as well as step on their own dicks against the giants, so I will worry about the games as they come.

All in all it was a fun year that wound up being pretty damn decent.

well their point differential would indicate this wasn't a lucky team by any stretch except for the injury bug.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The "This was possibly our only window" talk is useless. What happened happened. There's no going back in time, only looking forward.

Honest assessments and critiques are fine. If you don't think the Bears are going to make the playoffs next year because of their opponents, that's fine. But to bemoan a year that hasn't even come yet because this year was promising but ended in the first round of the playoffs is nonsense.

We'd all prefer that the Bears had won last night. But they didn't. That this might've been "their year" is now irrelevant, especially as it relates to next year and beyond.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears were clearly ahead of schedule like the 2015 Cubs, let's see if the Bears next season can do like 2016 Cubs